UConnect mobile app no longer shows battery level - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

UConnect mobile app no longer shows battery level

About a month or two ago I noticed that the UConnect mobile app stopped showing the battery level & range on my Android phone. In fact the only thing now shown on the info screen is the "vehicle health report". I tried clearing the app cache & data. I don't think it has anything to do with my phone because an iPhone also shows the same issue. The van is still on a trial of SiriusXM but it hasn't expired yet. Other commands such as remote start work fine.

I'm not the primary driver of the Pachy so it was really nice to be able to tell just from a glance at the app if the battery was low enough that it was worth going outside to plug it in. Now I have to not only go outside and get in the van but I also seem to have to turn it on to get the battery level which in the winter fires up the ICE.

Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
About a month or two ago I noticed that the UConnect mobile app stopped showing the battery level & range on my Android phone. In fact the only thing now shown on the info screen is the "vehicle health report". I tried clearing the app cache & data. I don't think it has anything to do with my phone because an iPhone also shows the same issue. The van is still on a trial of SiriusXM but it hasn't expired yet. Other commands such as remote start work fine.

I'm not the primary driver of the Pachy so it was really nice to be able to tell just from a glance at the app if the battery was low enough that it was worth going outside to plug it in. Now I have to not only go outside and get in the van but I also seem to have to turn it on to get the battery level which in the winter fires up the ICE.

Do you know how long the UConnect free trial was? Sirius XM free trial might have been longer.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:

Just an FYI, my PacHy will display the charge level by simply tapping the start button once without putting your foot on the brake (ACC) which will not cause the ICE to start.
Rusty likes this.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited

Last edited by PacDave; 03-11-2019 at 10:03 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
Do you know how long the UConnect free trial was? Sirius XM free trial might have been longer.

I looked through the emails I got when I signed up and I don't see a separate UConnect trial; they all say SiriusXM Guardian which seems to include UConnect. The XM radio is working and all the key fob and vehicle finder services are working from the app so I don't think it's expired.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I looked through the emails I got when I signed up and I don't see a separate UConnect trial; they all say SiriusXM Guardian which seems to include UConnect. The XM radio is working and all the key fob and vehicle finder services are working from the app so I don't think it's expired.
Since you have Guardian, then you probably have a 2018 Pacifica or later. UConnect Access was a separate feature in the the 2017s I believe. Maybe the UConnect website or customer service can help.
https://www.driveuconnect.com/
If you put your van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up at the bottom of every post.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

I tried contacting @SXM_Help on Twitter but I didn't get a response. I tried calling in but they really couldn't understand the issue or even acknowledge the types of info that should be listed on the info screen. The good news is that all the panels, including "LEVELS AND RANGES" which has the battery and fuel levels has re-appeared in the app. The bad news is that I can't get it to update, it keeps showing "VEHICLE DATA NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE". It's done this before in the past, hopefully it will eventually start working again.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:09 PM

I have same problem. It no longer updates the vehicle data. Charge, tire pressure, etc is all blank. It used to work few months ago.

I reinstalled app, but no help.

In addition I have additional problem with UConnect app, that remote unlock/lock and vehicle finder only work for about 45 minutes after I park.

After about 45 minutes all operations in app fail until go to back to car and turn on ignition.

That makes entire thing pretty useless.
Rusty likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:54 AM

Very strange... I just checked my app (iPhone) and see the battery charge status.

2017 Jazz Blue Pacifica Hybrid Platinum
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 10:45 AM

Mine shows battery info.

The HU is just called Uconnect. For the telematics/remote services, the providers are:

2017: Uconnect Access
2018/19: SXM Guardian

2019 Chrysler Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 05:24 PM

I believe that the lack of information on the vehicle info page of the app is the result of not having the highest level of SiriusXM Guardian service. In November 2018 I let my one year trial subscription expire to see what would happen. All of the pages in the app disappeared. I then called and resubscribed but asked for the "Convenience" package but without the "Security" option. All of the pages then reappeared except for the vehicle info page which now had just the vehicle health report. No odometer, no charge level, no fuel tank level. I called to complain and after escalating my complaint to higher levels of support they eventually came back and said that the missing info was because I did not have the "Security" option. The support person temporarily turned on the "Security" option for three months and sure enough the missing info reappeared. Those three months have gone by and now the vehicle info page is there but it says that vehicle data is not available. Attempts to refresh the vehicle info always fail. Remote locking and remote start still work.

I have no idea why the data on the vehicle info page should be tied to the "Security" option of the "Convenience" package, but that does appear to be the case. I also have no idea why the original poster should be having trouble during the trial period. But do note that SiriusXM Radio and SiriusXM Guardian are not the same. Perhaps his van has different trial periods for those two services?

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.

Tags
uconnect mobile app

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in