Do 20in wheels on the Pachy affect speedometer? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By CANADAHYBRIDGUY

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Do 20in wheels on the Pachy affect speedometer?

Just picked up our '19 Pacifica Hybrid S Limited - love everything about it. Well, I actually had wanted to get the 20in wheels as seen on the gas versions, but those are not available for the Hybrid. I know I can get them aftermarket (expensive), but does anyone who have switched to 20 in wheels notice their speedometer being off? I think normally when you go oversize wheels, it affects the speedo, but as the gas version already has the 20s, I wonder if it will throw it off. Anyone with 20s on their Pachys notice this?

2019 Chrysler Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Just picked up our '19 Pacifica Hybrid S Limited - love everything about it. Well, I actually had wanted to get the 20in wheels as seen on the gas versions, but those are not available for the Hybrid. I know I can get them aftermarket (expensive), but does anyone who have switched to 20 in wheels notice their speedometer being off? I think normally when you go oversize wheels, it affects the speedo, but as the gas version already has the 20s, I wonder if it will throw it off. Anyone with 20s on their Pachys notice this?
Only if the tires outside diameter is different will it throw it off, rim size shouldn’t effect it, basically you’ll just have less sidewall

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:41 AM

Just realized n the same size tire and rim combination that you can get on the ice Pacifica and you’ll be fine . The bigger the rim the small the sidewalk is the norm to stay in that revolutions of a 18 rim vs 20 vs 22 .,there’s a thread on here pertaining to that .

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 08:04 PM

If you live in pothole territory, the 20s are more susceptible to bent wheels and blown tires.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 12:37 AM

Actually the rim size doesn’t mean the rim is going to bend or shatter upon encountering a pothole . The real reason is tire sidewalk size , rim composition, is rim cast or not , depth of hole , speed and force exerted to tire/rim from the asphalt . All of these factors will contribute , but the smaller the sidewalk the more probable the rim will bend .
Bond007 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page