2019 Pacifica Hybrid Problems - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 11Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninSoCa View Post
Can't be that bad of a car. Right? The thing to do is to just be patient and let the company figure it out. They built the car, so they can certainly do that. I have confidence in Mopar. I have myself a Dodge product and I'm very happy with it.
Same. I fully sympathize with everyone and anyone who has had multiple issues with their vehicles - been there, it is the worst thing to spend $X for something we use every day and have it break down (especially if its new.) But truth be told, pretty much every manufacturer has issues like these - some better, some worse. I still find that no one makes cars which are fun to drive, stylish and affordable like FCA. My extended family and I have been driving FCA vehicles since an '88 Voyager, not out of some slavish devotion to the brand, but because we compare what's out there each time a new car purchase comes up, and an FCA brand outdoes the competition for us each time. I drive a Charger Scat Pack while my wife drives the new Pachy (coming from a Jeep GC), and I love both equally.
m0ebius604 likes this.

2019 Chrysler Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Hi everyone:

I do appreciate all the feedback, especially from Jenn and Chrysler Cares. I do think they really care. We got the car back today. It was 8 days just like they said it would be. Eight days to get the part and she got the part and car and it's in working order. So everything is good now. We have no other complaints.

John
m0ebius604 and andygaoqi like this.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Unread 07-08-2019, 12:35 AM

I purchased a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid this week while on vacation 150 miles from my house. I've been back to the dealer 2 times now and it still hasn't made it home.

Visit #1: I told them the check engine light was on during the test drive, so they needed to get that checked out and fixed so I scheduled to pick it up the next day. When I arrived they thought they had it fixed, but after paying I went to drive it away just to find the check engine light on.

Visit #2: Went back two days later to try again. This time the check engine light was off and it seemed to drive fine. They had driven it 15 miles trying to figure this out since it now had 50 miles on it. I took it to my vacation home and all was fine for 3 days. Then I parked it in front of my garage to load up our stuff for the trip home. Completely filled it, loaded up the kids and dog. Then things went badly. When I tried to start it went crazy listing off all sorts of electronics that needed checking. So, I tried to turn it off, but it said I couldn't since it wasn't in park. The shifter shows it with all gears lit up and it won't spin. It won't start, but it won't shut off either (the actual engine isn't running, but the electronics thinks it is on). I play with it, but it just isn't going to work. It is Sunday so the service department is closed. The sales people point me to roadside assistance to have it towed. The roadside assistance people tell me that they will pay to tow 23 miles and that I will have to pay for the last 9 miles. I fight with them for 30 minutes and then he finally comes back on and says that he has a discretionary 10 miles. Now I have to transfer all my stuff from my new van that doesn't work to my 15 year old Toyota that does. Unfortunately the Chrysler won't let me open the tailgate because it isn't in park. I have to unload out the side doors. OK, so the tow truck driver is great, but the car is in gear and the parking brake is on. I can turn it off and then it turns itself back on. Luckily I'm on a gravel driveway, so he drags it up onto the flatbed and off to the dealer. For some reason once he arrives we try to turn off the parking break and now it turns off and then warns us that it is failing to turn it back on. Now only the drive wheels make it difficult, but not impossible to shake it off the flatbed.

I've got business travel this week and then a roadtrip vacation next week. Maybe I'll see the van again after that. I originally bought the van thinking that taking the 15 year old Toyota on the roadtrip might not be a good idea, so I bought a new van. Now I wouldn't even think of driving this van too far from the house and certainly not on a roadtrip. The only saving grace is that they offered so little for my trade in that I just kept it. I didn't know I was keeping it to have a back up for my new van.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Unread 07-09-2019, 04:05 PM

Brad the same thing happened to me?!
Brand new 2018 on july 4th and same issue.
I also bought this from an out of town dealer due to a good deal.

Replaced the 12V battery monday, and back on the road and seems to be fine now but such a bad way to start.

Considering the number of times the issue of battery problems have been reported - Chyrsler needs to be proactive in dealing with this.

Chrysler should inform its dealerships of Poor battery performance esp on the pacificas that have sat idle, be proactive in checking the batteries, and replacing with new battery prior to sale.

Its a 3 point issue- cost for chrysler in terms of towing and labor post purchase on warranty cars with bad batteries, poor branding with a bad taste for new buyers (first time buyer of a chyrsler), and safety.
@ChryslerCares has chrysler upper management been informed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Unread 07-10-2019, 01:32 PM

We bought our 2019 a couple weeks ago just before a big roadtrip. Being unsure about its reliability we kept our 2007 Odyssey as a backup. We would have experiences as Brad and Uconnect above except for a our very good salesman at Rydell who noticed that the battery was low when he was prepping our car for delivery. He was able to get the service dept to put in a new battery while we did our paperwork and since then we have not seen any problems except for the occasional uconnect glitch when switching media sources. I firmly believe that the car doesn't fail when you have a backup : ) It seems like a common problem for the batteries to be down on these cars as some of them sit 6mos to a year in storage. Also troubling was the fact that the oil life was showing 50% life after only 20miles of usage. Luckily we have a complimentary oil change at the dealership which will be happening way before the suggested interval...
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Unread 07-11-2019, 07:16 PM

Bottom line: have a new 12v battery installed before taking possession unless you get a factory order.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L - ruby red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Unread 08-20-2019, 05:11 PM

I bought a 2019 Pacifica Hybrid about 5 months ago. It has been in the shop twice since I got it, the latest being about 30 days now. They say its a bad hybrid battery but they don't have any in stock anywhere. They might get one in a week or so and have it shipped but don't seem confident. time to declare it a lemon?
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Unread 08-20-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I purchased a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid this week while on vacation 150 miles from my house. I've been back to the dealer 2 times now and it still hasn't made it home.

Visit #1: I told them the check engine light was on during the test drive, so they needed to get that checked out and fixed so I scheduled to pick it up the next day. When I arrived they thought they had it fixed, but after paying I went to drive it away just to find the check engine light on.

Visit #2: Went back two days later to try again. This time the check engine light was off and it seemed to drive fine. They had driven it 15 miles trying to figure this out since it now had 50 miles on it. I took it to my vacation home and all was fine for 3 days. Then I parked it in front of my garage to load up our stuff for the trip home. Completely filled it, loaded up the kids and dog. Then things went badly. When I tried to start it went crazy listing off all sorts of electronics that needed checking. So, I tried to turn it off, but it said I couldn't since it wasn't in park. The shifter shows it with all gears lit up and it won't spin. It won't start, but it won't shut off either (the actual engine isn't running, but the electronics thinks it is on). I play with it, but it just isn't going to work. It is Sunday so the service department is closed. The sales people point me to roadside assistance to have it towed. The roadside assistance people tell me that they will pay to tow 23 miles and that I will have to pay for the last 9 miles. I fight with them for 30 minutes and then he finally comes back on and says that he has a discretionary 10 miles. Now I have to transfer all my stuff from my new van that doesn't work to my 15 year old Toyota that does. Unfortunately the Chrysler won't let me open the tailgate because it isn't in park. I have to unload out the side doors. OK, so the tow truck driver is great, but the car is in gear and the parking brake is on. I can turn it off and then it turns itself back on. Luckily I'm on a gravel driveway, so he drags it up onto the flatbed and off to the dealer. For some reason once he arrives we try to turn off the parking break and now it turns off and then warns us that it is failing to turn it back on. Now only the drive wheels make it difficult, but not impossible to shake it off the flatbed.

I've got business travel this week and then a roadtrip vacation next week. Maybe I'll see the van again after that. I originally bought the van thinking that taking the 15 year old Toyota on the roadtrip might not be a good idea, so I bought a new van. Now I wouldn't even think of driving this van too far from the house and certainly not on a roadtrip. The only saving grace is that they offered so little for my trade in that I just kept it. I didn't know I was keeping it to have a back up for my new van.
You might have that dealer check this out if this looks similar to your problems. This guy had a loose 12-volt connection from the factory. It took them over a month to figure it out.

Problem

Solution

Also dragging the front transaxle with it locked in park is not good and can cause internal damage. There is a little square pop out below the steering wheel that is attached to an orange band you pull to manually release the park gear for loading and unloading on flatbeds. Even though you can manually release this and pull it again to engage it back into park, you never tow with the front wheels on the ground or it will destroy the transaxle without the electric pump running.

2018 Pacifica Limited Platinum Hybrid. Build date 08/02/18. Velvet red/alloy. 18" wheels. Fully loaded with every available option.

Last edited by ThisSuckersElectrical; 08-20-2019 at 10:11 PM.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Unread 08-20-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisSuckersElectrical View Post
Also dragging the front transaxle with it locked in park is not good and can cause internal damage. There is a little square pop out below the steering wheel that is attached to an orange band you pull to manually release the park gear for loading and unloading on flatbeds. Even though you can manually release this and pull it again to engage it back into park, you never tow with the front wheels on the ground or it will destroy the transaxle without the electric pump running.
Unfortunately the hybrid Pacificas don't have the pull string to release the parking pawl. The plastic pop out is there but there is no string attached to it.
arteitle likes this.

2018 Molten Silver Pacifica Hybrid Limited purchased Nov 30, 2017.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 07:47 PM

I can relate. My 2018 purchased new in May 2019 has been in the shop 28 consecutive days. 2 more and it qualifies as a lemon. I'm probably going to end up with a Tesla. My vehicle just won't start. They've ordered a new hybrid battery that keeps getting delayed, but I'm not convinced they know the root cause. Unbelievable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in