New Paint Corrosion Issues after "Fix" - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
EV2
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 76
New Paint Corrosion Issues after "Fix"

Wanted to see if any of the folks who had the well-known paint corrosion issue on the hood return after an earlier repair (versus hood replacement) was completed. Mine was repaired and it now looks like there may be some new corrosion spots around the lip of the hood that's starting to show again.

2017 Pacifica Hybrid
Teal
EV2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Longtimemopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 903
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV2 View Post
Wanted to see if any of the folks who had the well-known paint corrosion issue on the hood return after an earlier repair (versus hood replacement) was completed. Mine was repaired and it now looks like there may be some new corrosion spots around the lip of the hood that's starting to show again.
Who did your repair?

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
Longtimemopar is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 07:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 80
Granted this was a much older Chrysler product but 3 months after the corrosion warranty had expired on our 2001 Caravan, the paint started bubbling at the front edge of the hood. It clearly was coming from underneath and had been doing so for some time. Chrysler essentially told me to pound sand even after I offered to have them give me a new hood and I'd install and paint it.
I could never find a used hood from the 2001-2006 model years that wasn't rusted through.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, granite crystal
2015 Volvo V60
2005 Honda Odyssey
1970 Camaro-original owner
mainesail is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
EV2
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
Who did your repair?

My FCA dealer completed repairs and they stated on the invoice that it was done per FCA guidelines.

2017 Pacifica Hybrid
Teal
EV2 is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Longtimemopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Posts: 903
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EV2 View Post
My FCA dealer completed repairs and they stated on the invoice that it was done per FCA guidelines.
How long ago was the repair done? Can you post pictures of the new corrosion ?

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
Longtimemopar is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Waldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Downstate Illinois (and sometimes Florida)
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesail View Post
Granted this was a much older Chrysler product but 3 months after the corrosion warranty had expired on our 2001 Caravan, the paint started bubbling at the front edge of the hood. It clearly was coming from underneath and had been doing so for some time. Chrysler essentially told me to pound sand even after I offered to have them give me a new hood and I'd install and paint it.
I could never find a used hood from the 2001-2006 model years that wasn't rusted through.
I thought the hoods on those older vans was steel. Am I wrong?

If it was steel, that was an entirely different issue.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
Waldo is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconnect theater app not loading in front screen Aereventia Electronics 67 08-18-2019 09:09 PM
UConnect Black Screen & Preset Resets w/video harrysiii Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 10 06-07-2019 11:29 AM
2018 Pacifica issues yugo4life Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 0 12-10-2018 05:38 PM
paint issues 2017 Pacifica purchased NEW gale 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 2 11-02-2018 08:39 AM
Defect in Factory paint...peeling off. cmalk98 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 1 08-17-2018 02:53 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome