Spooky fuel door - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Spooky fuel door

Hi everyone. I like this forum and like my 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Unfortunately it's been in the shop several weeks for stalling on the road and has had the PIM replaced which didn't cure the problem and then the transmission replaced which seems to have cured the stalling so far.
There is a smaller problem that I was wondering if anyone else has encountered. When I fill up the gas, shut the fuel door, climb in and start the car, the fuel door pops open again! After shutting it again the fuel door remains closed. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:51 PM

I guess I have to answer, yes. I've never seen it pop back open but I have noticed at some point after fueling (same day or later) that the door is not latched shut. I'm sure I closed it completely but can't be sure. The occurrence is so infrequent I have not thought of it as a problem yet. The tank is still sealed with the flapper in the filler neck even if the door is ajar.

2017 Pacifica Limited (built May 2016)
Vacuum delete, KeySense and Tow
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiger View Post
This is what happens when you don't buy the hybrid.
The OP has a hybrid.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:03 PM
gan

I also have a hybrid and had something similar happen a few times since daylight savings time (whenever that was, and that's the only way I can remember timeframe). After being parked, I'd turn the car on and notice the fuel door warning was on. This happened 3 different times and once when driving. As I was to go to dealership (because the check engine light had came on as well), both issues have disappeared. On top of that, our passenger sliding door button - from the outside- works 9 out of 10 times ( this also improved after daylight savings time...Software upgrade glitch? don't know) Waiting to take car in when the part for the steering glitch recall is available.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page