Level 2 Chargers, backlog - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Level 2 Chargers, backlog

Hi everyone:
What's the situation with Mopar not able to stock an adequate number of Level 2 chargers? Loyal customers want to pay extra to have the Mopar brand, but the company that makes them, Webasco Charging Systems, Inc. is having trouble filling their orders.
Is there another brand that's approved by Chrysler for the Pacifica? Repeated calls to the parts department keeps making excuses for Webasco. Somewhere in the supplier chain things are broken. Has anyone else had this problem?

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:20 PM

I don’t understand why you would buy a mopar ev Charger when there are way better alternatives for a better , faster charge . Feature and cost I would look at ChargePoint or juice box pro . The ones from mopar seriously lack amps, features and design .
arteitle and RC Mike like this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:53 PM

Buy the Siemens at Costco. Better charger for less money.
RC Mike likes this.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphicar770 View Post
Buy the Siemens at Costco. Better charger for less money.
Yep. Iím using a Siemens with my PacHy and it works like a charm. No need to stay loyal to the Mopar brand. Youíll get just as good or better performance with any one of the various brands that are out there. In reality, the EVSE is nothing more than a glorified switch that simply supplies current to the vehicle being charged. It does nothing on its own to control the amount of charge received. The smarts for that are mostly in the vehicle.
RC Mike likes this.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:19 AM

We have the Siemens and it works great. An added feature is the up to 8-hour charging delay built into the Siemens. We have never set up the onboard charging schedule, never needed to with the Siemens charger.

J. C-H
2017 Platinum
Molten Silver
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:44 AM

Ya, the mopar is just a 3rd party unit with a mopar sticker on it + their mark-up. No real need to stick with this one at all - unless you managed to get it bundled in with the vehicle or something.

Any J1722 charger should work just find, and other manufacturers may have additional features that interest you.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid - In Canada Eh!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

I try to stay with what the dealer recommended. When we bought the car, he showed me the Mopar brand unit. When I took my other car for service, I inquired with the Service Manager and the service bay also had a Mopar unit. So why do people like Mopar? Because IT'S MADE IN AMERICA!!! Most people like it ( I hope) when someone says we need to keep the jobs in America. But words need to be practiced by deed.

Too old fashioned, one might say. There's another company out there, Clipper Creek, who makes chargers for all cars, they're inexpensive and they're made in America. That's what we did. We try to stick with the American product. We do the best we can and, when they are all made overseas, then well, we'll have to buy the foreign product. By then though, the nation will be thoroughly saturated with foreigners who don't care about their neighbors. Maybe that's what we have now.

Anyway, Thanks for responding.

John

Last edited by JohninSoCa; 03-29-2019 at 01:35 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 01:20 PM

Emotorwerks (makers of JuiceBox) also builds their stuff in the US. I have a JuiceBox Pro 40 and it works flawlessly. I was most impressed by their customer service. I emailed them and asked them if they could make me one with a custom length power cord and they were happy to do so.

Last edited by manoli; 03-30-2019 at 01:23 PM.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoli View Post
Emotorwerks (makers of JuiceBox) also builds their stuff in the US. I have a JuiceBox Pro 40 and it works flawlessly. I was most impressed by their customer service. I emailed them and asked them if they could make me one with a custom length power cord and they were happy to do so.
Or, if you are a tinkerer you can build your own:

https://www.openevse.com

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 01:18 AM

You know you bought a van that wasnít made in the US, right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page