Aftermarket alarm integration? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Aftermarket alarm integration?

Greetings, does anyone have experience with an aftermarket alarm system, integrated with the built-in features of the car? I'd love an audible alarm is someone opens up a door to the car without a key nearby. Other nice features might be motion alerts, etc.

Note, Uconnect isn't a real viable option IMHO, since it would only work 50% of the time back when I actually had a working subscription to Sirius XM Guardian. Not reliable enough for me.

2018 Pacifica eHybrid Limited, Granite, LED fog replacements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

No input?

2018 Pacifica eHybrid Limited, Granite, LED fog replacements
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 11:33 PM

Your car should automatically go into panic mode and honk if someone manages to open your car door after it has been locked properly. You can try / test it by using your manual precut key. I donít know what aftermarket system you are referring to and what advantages it has over the OEM setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyelectric View Post
Greetings, does anyone have experience with an aftermarket alarm system, integrated with the built-in features of the car? I'd love an audible alarm is someone opens up a door to the car without a key nearby. Other nice features might be motion alerts, etc.

Note, Uconnect isn't a real viable option IMHO, since it would only work 50% of the time back when I actually had a working subscription to Sirius XM Guardian. Not reliable enough for me.
Have you downloaded an extensive owner's manual from the Mopar website? Here is some info from the manual.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR VEHICLE (about page 55 in one version)
VEHICLE SECURITY ALARM ó IF EQUIPPED
The vehicle security alarm monitors the vehicle doors for
unauthorized entry and the ignition switch for unauthorized
operation. When the alarm is activated, the interior
switches for door locks, power sliding doors and power
liftgate are disabled. The vehicle security alarm provides
both audible and visible signals. If something triggers the
alarm, the vehicle security alarm will provide the following
audible and visible signals: the horn will pulse, the park
lamps and/or turn signals will flash, and the vehicle
security light in the instrument cluster will flash.

There is more in the manual about arming and disarming the alarm if it is equipped in your van.
It is on my van, a gas Touring L, and not a hybrid. I would hope that it is included on your van.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I guess I was hoping for more notification features, like door opening, trunk, etc. My experience with XM guardian was poor.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyelectric View Post
Thanks, I guess I was hoping for more notification features, like door opening, trunk, etc. My experience with XM guardian was poor.
Even if you don't subscribe to XM guardian, there are audible alerts (chimes, etc.) about doors opening and closing, locked, etc. that can be turned on or off via the touchscreen, but they aren't necessarily part of the alarm system for theft. There is a loud liftgate alert that was too loud for me so I turned it off. Some people like the alert for warning others that the liftgate is moving. You can probably download a manual from the Mopar website or ask more specific questions about alerts you are curious about.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page