Van shocked us. Literally.
So the other day the van was plugged in and my wife went out to do something and said that the handle shocked her. I assumed she meant like a POW and you get the spark. She said nope that this was like current, not a quick discharge type of thing. Well today my kids were playing in the van and I went out to get them. My son slid out of the van from the front passenger seat and slid over where the molding joins on the floor and the frame for the edge of the door and jumped and said AHHHHhhh! I went to go touch that area to see if something was sharp at the molding and I got the same shock that my wife must have had. It is definitely current that you feel. I went and unplugged the van and touched there again and there was no current. I plugged it back in and there it was again. It has been raining out and the van is parked outside so thing are a little wet, but I looked at the charging port and there isn't any water in it.
This is mainly just to get a post out there so others can see. I'm going to call the dealer on Monday and see what they have to say about it and get the can in to be looked at.
EDIT: A little more info. It's the charging cable that came with the van. I went out and checked the lights and there were no weird lights on the box for the cable, though the cable had wiggled a little bit out of the socket. I think that perhaps the ground pin might not have have a good connection. Could this be something that would cause that? I reseated it and went and checked and didn't get a shock anymore.
2019 PacHy Limited
Ocean Blue "S"
Last edited by Danmcg; 04-07-2019 at 07:00 PM.