Don't expect company - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Don't expect company

Minivan sales are tanking, and that means the PacHy sales are probably sinking even more.

Article

Still think minivans are more sensible than SUVs, but the market disagrees.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L - ruby red

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:05 PM

There is no accounting for taste...

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tg1 View Post
Minivan sales are tanking, and that means the PacHy sales are probably sinking even more.

Article

Still think minivans are more sensible than SUVs, but the market disagrees.
Tanking is quite an exaggeration, at least from looking at Jan US sales. Pacifica outsold a bunch of popular SUVS, like the Tahoe, Sorento, Pathfinder, Ascent, Yukon, Durango, Suburban, etc, which are all pretty much down as well (except the Ascent being new). And it's easily outselling all the minivans except the Caravan. Maybe the other months are different but I was too lazy to google. And of course the numbers can be skewed by rental and fleet sales, but I don't know if they're included.
1tg1 likes this.

2019 Hybrid Limited Black with bird poop accents, S Package, Froot Loops, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, it was overcast

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:48 PM

Times are changing, and this is as much a reflection on the domestic auto industry as it is the minivan market.

Fuel prices are slowly increasing, and while we may not see four dollars per gallon for quite some time, the cost of driving an inefficient vehicle will likely continue to rise. On top of that, electric and hybrid vehicles are being mandated by governments around the world as they move towards more strict efficiency and emissions requirements. People are always going to purchase their large SUVs and trucks for variety of reasons, many of which simply because they like the appearance of driving something like that. But I think we will see more minivans on the road in the coming years.
1tg1 likes this.

2019 Tesla Model 3

Former: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:45 AM

Minivan sales have been declining for over 10 years now. The trend has gotten more gradual so I think "tanking" is an exaggeration.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...-nearly-there/

2017 Jazz Blue Pacifica Hybrid Platinum
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:05 AM

Garage
No explaining taste for pickup trucks which are hot sellers. Today's paper described the trend to extreme luxury pickups with features and trim approaching Cadillac or BMV levels. Prices are approaching $80,000 with one in ten F-150s going for over $60,000! In my world, a pickup is a heavy-duty, dirty hauler. The interior gets muddy and the bed totes landscape material, tools and whatever. Yet these feature laden luxury vehicles are selling like hotcakes.

My neighbor had one of these high priced trucks and always kept the bed covered to keep it clean. Go figure.
permitwriter likes this.

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Red Velvet w/Advanced Safety and upgraded audio
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:11 AM

I couldn't wait for an excuse to buy a minivan. I grew up in minivans when I was little and loved it. I couldn't justify the spare metal and fuel consumption without reasoning, but the hybrid and twins resolved both those issues for me LOL.
hookshot1, RC Mike and JBL like this.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid - In Canada Eh!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:26 AM

Garage
agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPLMVR View Post
I couldn't wait for an excuse to buy a minivan. I grew up in minivans when I was little and loved it. I couldn't justify the spare metal and fuel consumption without reasoning, but the hybrid and twins resolved both those issues for me LOL.
We have had minivans for 31 years and, even with no kids in house, we still have one. Would not have it any other way. PS, I am 71.
1tg1, hookshot1 and RC Mike like this.

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Red Velvet w/Advanced Safety and upgraded audio
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltoppper View Post
No explaining taste for pickup trucks which are hot sellers. Today's paper described the trend to extreme luxury pickups with features and trim approaching Cadillac or BMV levels. Prices are approaching $80,000 with one in ten F-150s going for over $60,000! In my world, a pickup is a heavy-duty, dirty hauler. The interior gets muddy and the bed totes landscape material, tools and whatever. Yet these feature laden luxury vehicles are selling like hotcakes.

My neighbor had one of these high priced trucks and always kept the bed covered to keep it clean. Go figure.
It's a good thing your neighbor's the one who has to justify such a purchase, not you. Most people don't seem to be as pragmatic as your average minivan owner, and many of them are happy to pay to drive something they see as a status symbol. To each their own, by the most of us have better use for funds.

I never make fun of people for that, though. Everybody deserves to pursue happiness however they see it, even if it's in a way I disagree with.
RC Mike and Frig like this.

2019 Tesla Model 3

Former: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltoppper View Post
We have had minivans for 31 years and, even with no kids in house, we still have one. Would not have it any other way. PS, I am 71.

Agree! I had a van before kids and will have one when they are gone. It the MOST functional vehicle!
John
1tg1, Rincewind8 and RC Mike like this.

2019 Pacifica Limited - Luxury White. Alloy/Black

Previous:
2005, 2008, 2015 Odyssey,
2017 Pacifica Limited - Tusk/Mocha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page