Pacifica Hybrid regrets x 2 (don't buy!) - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Pacifica Hybrid regrets x 2 (don't buy!)

Just venting here, but also for any potential buyers since I looked at this site before making my purchases, I massively regret having bought not just one, but two (for my wife and me), 2018 Pacific Hybrid Limiteds last summer. To anyone considering an Odyssey or something similar, just do it, you won't regret it. The Pacificas are not ready for primetime and, let's face it, Chrysler is not a top-quality auto company in terms of manufacturing or service.

I'm going to take a bath but I'm planning on getting rid of both at this point.

Won't bore anyone with all the details, but one has been at the dealer for repairs for 9 weeks now. It was after a front-end collision, but not a major accident by any means and was supposed to take a few weeks to repair. Dealer's body shop fixed the body damage easily enough but have been unable to get the car to start for something like 5 weeks now. Star Case was opened, blah, blah, blah, I finally called and it was "escalated" and would be contacted within 1-2 business days, never heard anything. The story goes on and on.

Other Pacifica had the A/C conk out and the interior front passenger seat squeaks like crazy when driving which drives us all nuts. This is a $50,000 car and shouldn't sound like a cheap, broken-down car after 6 months!

These were my first and last Chryslers. Shame on me for taking a chance on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:04 PM

I'm not sure how collision damage is Chrysler's fault. That's between you and your insurance company. You might blame a dealer if it's not repaired properly, but the dealer isn't Chrysler.

Why haven't you just had the AC and seat on the other one fixed under warranty? That should be simple enough.
DRZ, m0ebius604, mark and 2 others like this.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificax2 View Post
Just venting here, but also for any potential buyers since I looked at this site before making my purchases, I massively regret having bought not just one, but two (for my wife and me), 2018 Pacific Hybrid Limiteds last summer. To anyone considering an Odyssey or something similar, just do it, you won't regret it. The Pacificas are not ready for primetime and, let's face it, Chrysler is not a top-quality auto company in terms of manufacturing or service.

I'm going to take a bath but I'm planning on getting rid of both at this point.

Won't bore anyone with all the details, but one has been at the dealer for repairs for 9 weeks now. It was after a front-end collision, but not a major accident by any means and was supposed to take a few weeks to repair. Dealer's body shop fixed the body damage easily enough but have been unable to get the car to start for something like 5 weeks now. Star Case was opened, blah, blah, blah, I finally called and it was "escalated" and would be contacted within 1-2 business days, never heard anything. The story goes on and on.

Other Pacifica had the A/C conk out and the interior front passenger seat squeaks like crazy when driving which drives us all nuts. This is a $50,000 car and shouldn't sound like a cheap, broken-down car after 6 months!

These were my first and last Chryslers. Shame on me for taking a chance on them.
I am in market for a minivan and the point above is not something I was considering. Is PacHy more difficult to get fixed if its an accident? This could be because of the parts being in limited supply or the technicians not being trained. Most other cars could be repaired at a numerous other shops because how familiar their mechanisms are to the technicians. Are there other owners here who had an accident and had to wait unusually long time to get their cars repaired?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:25 PM

Garage
Chrysler outdid itself with safety precautions and didn't provide adequate procedure on how to fix the safety shutdowns.

Quote:
To anyone considering an Odyssey or something similar, just do it, you won't regret it.
How do you know that?

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

RC Mike, I'm not faulting them for the collision damage. I'm faulting them for being unresponsive both to the dealer and then to me to a Star Case that was opened and then supposedly "escalated" when I finally called myself. Trying to avoid bogging down in all the details here, but a large and seemingly sophisticated Chrysler dealer has a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited (mine) that is fixed from the collision and they think is ready to go, but it won't power on and they can't figure out why. They think the collision sensor won't reset or needs replacing, and they contacted Chrysler for support/parts. I'm also annoyed that I was told I'd be contacted within 1-2 business days when I called myself and they said it was "escalated", and that was a week ago with no contact. So this part of my general issue with Chrysler is for terrible service.

I'm also faulting Chrysler for designing and building car in the first place that a larger dealer can think is fixed and is perplexed about why it won't start.

I'm also faulting Chrysler for selling a $50,000 car with this many issues, not just the ones I mentioned in passing.

It's fine if you disagree or think I'm overreacting, but I dropped $100,000 on two Chryslers less than a year ago and regret it. I had a lot of great choices at $50,000 for a car and had never bought a Chrysler before. They've lost me for good. I'm telling anyone who asks me about a minivan just to stick with gas Odyssey for now (I had one and it was great), and if you want to go EV buy a Tesla (have one now and love it).
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Stop-eject, yeah, apparently that's the issue here. Did I say it has been 9 weeks? :-)

I had an Odyssey and loved it, but, sure, if you're going to read my comment literally then you're right that I don't know if someone else will love one.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:00 PM

Since the vast majority of my driving is in electric mode, I would definitely regret buying an Odyssey.
snorth, m0ebius604, mark and 2 others like this.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:12 PM

Garage
Not that I have much faith in Consumer Reports, but they rated Ody reliability lower than Pac. All latest generation cars suffer from issues with electronics and dealership mechanics are ill equipped to deal with them.

*** 2019 Hybrid Limited ***
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:46 PM

Pacifica Hybrid regrets x 2 (don't buy!)

Unfortunate situation for both parties (OP and Chrysler).
You had a car which was damaged by a collision and is not drivable now. So you should ask the insurance to total it. Thatís not Chryslerís fault. Did they give you a loaner?
I agree they are not great in service department.
Please send a pm to @ChryslerCares . That can help many times to speed up the resolution.
With your other car, get it repaired under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DRZ and m0ebius604 like this.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.

Last edited by Bond007; 04-17-2019 at 11:01 PM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 05:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
RC Mike, I'm not faulting them for the collision damage. I'm faulting them for being unresponsive both to the dealer and then to me to a Star Case that was opened and then supposedly "escalated" when I finally called myself. Trying to avoid bogging down in all the details here, but a large and seemingly sophisticated Chrysler dealer has a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited (mine) that is fixed from the collision and they think is ready to go, but it won't power on and they can't figure out why. They think the collision sensor won't reset or needs replacing, and they contacted Chrysler for support/parts. I'm also annoyed that I was told I'd be contacted within 1-2 business days when I called myself and they said it was "escalated", and that was a week ago with no contact. So this part of my general issue with Chrysler is for terrible service.
I agree that they are guilty of this too often.

Quote:
I'm also faulting Chrysler for designing and building car in the first place that a larger dealer can think is fixed and is perplexed about why it won't start.
With accident damage you never know whats messed up. Its a complicated vehicle. Its possible a harness is damaged, or the body shop messed up putting a connector back together.. It comes apart and goes together and one wire in the wrong spot and bam.. big problems.

This is no different for any high end vehicle. BMW, Infinity, Lexus, Mercedes.. even your beloved Odyssey.

Its a little hard for a guy on the internet (Star case) to know what the problem is with no control on what condition the product is in. If it was a tow-in and just dead however they can be very effective because you know the vehicle was working correctly before. This helps form a logical diagnosis procedure.

In your case they may have to undo all the repairs to find the issue.

This is collision complications.. and not really anyones fault imo.

Quote:
I'm also faulting Chrysler for selling a $50,000 car with this many issues, not just the ones I mentioned in passing.

It's fine if you disagree or think I'm overreacting, but I dropped $100,000 on two Chryslers less than a year ago and regret it.
Its your right to reget a purchase.

But to be honest here, I repair BMW and we have a lot of these issues too.. this is what warranty is for.

If your not happy - have it fixed. Thats also your right. I guarantee you all high end brands will have the exact same “quality” issues from what you briefly described.

Ultimately you get to choose.

We stock seat frames locally because squeaking is a common defect in comfort seats that are fully adjustable. More moving parts, more chance for noises.. not a big deal (or surprising)

Quote:
I had a lot of great choices at $50,000 for a car and had never bought a Chrysler before. They've lost me for good. I'm telling anyone who asks me about a minivan just to stick with gas Odyssey for now (I had one and it was great), and if you want to go EV buy a Tesla (have one now and love it).
Without “going into the details” this position your taking doesn't translate well and feels rather shallow.

Why is this vehicle not ready for primetime? What defects have you experienced?

Enlighten us so we can be more empathetic
snorth, Bond007 and mark like this.

-2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
-British Columbia Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by m0ebius604; 04-17-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page