PacHy vs Ody or Sienna - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

PacHy vs Ody or Sienna

So after a month long search I have finally decided to go against PacHy. But I would still say PacHy is better vehicle overall.

1) Not including Sienna in this thread as Sienna, was last remodeled in 2010 which causes some issues. Its definitely better for reliability vs not only PacHy but also Ody as over time it's all cleared out all those issues. But because of 2010, it looks old, stuffs in it are old, doesn't really stand up to todays crash testings and also no apple auto/android car play.

So between PacHy and Ody

Comparing PacHy Ltd w Advanced Safety Tec + Tri-pane Sunroof + 18inch wheels and Ody EX-L.
Comparing these two because I could get them at around same price.
Best price with such PacHy, I could get was around Portland metro 45k, after tax rebates, it would be 35k.
For Ody EX-L, best price I have is just under 34k. So overall closeby.

Advantages of PacHy over Ody
1) Hybrid, huge fuel savings. Specially my work place has chargers, and my round trip is less than 33 miles, so I can pretty much drive without any cost on most of the days
2) 360 degree camera and park assist. A very good features for specially a big car. I am used to sedan, these features would have been useful in minivan
3) Tri-pane sunroof. Live in Pacific Northwest, more light is always good, especially in winter
4) Ventilated seats, I often get very sweaty at my back during drives. And ventilated seats would have been a god-gift.
5) double entertainment screens
6) far modern looking interior

Advantages of Ody over PacHy
1) its Honda, so 'predicted' better reliability and resale value (though I am getting some data points that point to other direction)
2) Magic seating 2nd row and 8 seating capacity

Actually this 2nd point outweighed all benefits of PacHy in my case.
I have a 17 month old and we are expecting our second one in around month.

So our most common cofiguration would be two adults (me and my wife) and two (young babies). In Ody with 3 seats in second row, my wife or me can seat with two baby car seats either on one side, or may be even we seating in between. Can't do that in PacHy.

Other config is 6. My/my wives parents added. In both cases, we will have can two adults in front; one adult, one baby in second row; and one adult, one baby in third row. But here also Ody wins as I will move the second row sits closeby, thus making third row egress easy.

We would have 8 people a few times (this is very few I know, but still it will be there in next few months with my grand parents visiting us). So in this case, only possible option is Ody, PacHy doesn't have 8 seat capacity. We can have one baby in each row, or also both babies in third row.

But yeah, for this seating issues, with heavy heart I decided to buy Ody. But overall PacHy is better car.

Thanks for folks helping me out in the forum.
Kamex009 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:13 PM

You could do all that with the Pacifica gas 8 seater too. . Itís still better than Odyssey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
triggerhappy007 likes this.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:10 PM

I think your 2 points about Honda better than Pacifica is quite amusing, I looked at all 3 vehicles and Pacifica wins hands down . The design of the Pacifica is so fluid compared to both and the hybrid only elevated it to another level . And if you think Honda reliability supersedes the Pacifica ain’t think you might want brush up on your research skills. Funny how I’ve had more than a few Honda owners in the neighbourhood say “ I wish Pacifica was out when I bought my Honda “...

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
You could do all that with the Pacifica gas 8 seater too. . Itís still better than Odyssey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YES YES YES! Get the 8 passenger Pacifica Limited. It is the BEST choice!
John

2019 Pacifica Limited - Luxury White. Alloy/Black

Previous:
2005, 2008, 2015 Odyssey,
2017 Pacifica Limited - Tusk/Mocha
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:33 PM

Yea it looks like you had 6 advantages for Pachy over 2 for Odyssey, and the trump card for the Odyssey was 8-seat config which is available on the gas Pacifica (as well as Stow N Go seats.) I have two little ones as well, their car seats stay fixed in the second row and with an 8th middle seat there, it'd be difficult to get anyone into the third row. This also means I have no use for Stow N Go, so the Pachy is perfect for me. Also, end of the day, it's a hybrid - that was my trup card feature, so it was an easy decision for me. But, no judgment, hope the Odyssey works out for you.
Kamex009 likes this.

2019 Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:52 PM

The wonderful thing about a free market is getting to make the choice that is best for you, based on whatever criteria is most important to you.
Bond007 likes this.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:46 PM

Good luck. My neighbor just out transmission#2 in his "reliable" Odyssey. They are good for a out 60k miles. Sienna is a good 5 years past it's prime.
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:48 PM

2019 Honda Odyssey Recalls. There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA. Summary: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2018 and 2019 Honda Odyssey vehicles.
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:03 PM

Since 8 seating capacity was the deal-maker for you, you really should have compared the Odyssey to the gas Pacific. Personally, I found those two so comparable that I would go with whichever I can get for a better price. However, reading your post, I think you might be overlooking something. Specifically, the Pacifica gas 8-seat configuration provides much easier access to the 3rd row than the Odyssey.

Your most common configuration: 2 car seats + 1 adult in 2nd row; This is a wash. The Odyssey has slightly more comfortable second row captain's chairs, but that is irrelevant with a car seat in them.

Configuration #2 (6 people): Here, the Pacifica offers greater access to the third row. You are planning on removing the middle seat in the Odyssey to take advantage of the magic slide, but in the Pacifica, you can leave the middle seat in and use the stow n' go feature to gain rear-seat access. Also, on the passenger side of the van, the Pacifica is the only van that allows 3rd-row access while a car seat is installed. Thus, in the Odyssey, if you have 6 or 7 people, you must either move a car seat to the rear or remove the 2nd row center seat. In the Pacifica, if you choose, you can keep both car seats in the second row and still access the 3rd row from the passenger side.

Configuration #3 (8 people): The Pacifica gas again beats the Odyssey, because it provides substantially easier 3rd row access from the passenger side than the Odyssey. (And again, in the Pacifica you can have 2 car seats in the 2nd row and still access the 3rd row).

If your most common configuration was going to be 2 adults in the front, 2 car seats in the middle with center seat removed, and up to 3 more in the back, then you might consider the Odyssey. In this configuration, you can push the two center seats together in "Buddy mode" so your kids can entertain each other. Also, the sunglass holder on the Odyssey has a really nifty mirror if you open it half-way so you can see into the back of the vehicle.

Other advantages to the Pacifica gas (Touring L compared to Odyssey EX-L):

1. Removing the 2nd row center seat is easier because you can stow the outside 2nd row seat instead of trying to lift the center seat over the outside.
2. The Advanced Safety Tech (optional) has a 360 degree camera
3. The 3rd row has built-in sunshades
Bond007 likes this.

Last edited by Cozarkian; 04-30-2019 at 06:07 PM.
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Thank You for your comments guys.
Honestly until this, I never considered Pacifica gas as an alternative. But I guess, I will take a look at that also, specially as Chrysler is offering 0% on both pacificas.
But I am afraid, that gas would be much more expensive, Hybrid was coming out to 35k, because of the 10k tax credit+state rebate, without that, I am afraid that Pacifica Gas might be expensive than PacHy or Ody.

Tags
odyssey , pacifica vs odyssey , sienna

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page