Buying a new Pacifica. A bit nervous - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 34Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Buying a new Pacifica. A bit nervous

Hello all!

It can be really tough to make an educated decision on a new car....it seems like the forums for any vehicle are crowded with people posting about their problems while the average happy customer never signs in to participate.

My question for you is....Hybrid or Regular Pacifica?

I am a bit nervous about the quantity of Hybrids sold in relation to the non hybrid. So dealers and mechanics have less experience with the hybrid version.

I keep my cars for well over 100,000 miles. Knowing that, would you hybrid owners recommend the hybrid to someone like myself who plans on keeping it for a decade or would you recommend the non hybrid?

Thanks!
Kamex009 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:51 PM

I plan on keeping mine for a decade. Itís been great so faróbetter than I expected!

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Rus

I just bought the hybrid new a little over a month ago and love it. I had an electric car for 2.5 years and it was great but my lifestyle changed and I needed range again. The hybrid van means my daily commute to work burns next to no gas but a 7 hour road trip is still no problem in a comfy ride.

Also, I save almost $7K Canadian over the last 2.5 years on gas and maintenance on that car. Sure a hybrid is going to cost more for maintenance but still very little gas. On top of that, despite a lot of KMs, my depreciation wasn't bad because newer used electrics are in high demand. I'm hoping a hybrid minivan will be in a similar situation when I go to trade in one day because there won't be many of them yet.

And now is a good time in my eyes because if you do keep it for a very long time, battery tech is coming down quickly in price so by the time we need replacement batteries if you still have it, they should be reasonably priced.
Kamex009 and pannna like this.

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl with S Package
Van's Nickname is Petunia

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:34 PM

I plan on keeping mine over a decade. So far so good! My husband has an EV but my Pacifica is our road-trip vehicle and I love the features and fuel efficiency. (FYI, my last Chrysler minivan lasted 15 yrs.)
Kamex009 and pannna like this.

2017 Jazz Blue Pacifica Hybrid Platinum
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1200 View Post
Knowing that, would you hybrid owners recommend the hybrid to someone like myself who plans on keeping it for a decade or would you recommend the non hybrid?

Thanks!
I'm just over 2 years into owning mine, 27k miles. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the hybrid again.

It's been a fantastic experience. I've been on several small road trips (1k miles or less) and one large one (15 days, 4.7k miles). It was fantastic for all. We run nearly all electric, as we have always had an EVSE at work (until this week, my company assigned me to a ramp without an EVSE).

This is our daily driver. My wife and I carpool to work in it. I went over 4 months last summer/fall without having to buy gas.

Yes, there was a recall. Chrysler made it more than right for me. $2k in cash, rented me a van for 2 months, and gave me a maxcare warranty.

My first warranty repair will be this week, replacing the left front door handle due to water intrusion. It's making the keyless entry go bonkers. I also have some galvanic corrision on the hood which is in the process of being approved through Chrysler. That is an unfortunately all too common problem for aluminum panels from many manufacturers, although I think Ford may be most famous for it.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:09 PM

Garage
I own my 2019 PacHY since oct.31th and I didnt regret it even a new 5k$ rebate where available for electric vehicule sold after may 1st in Canada....

2019 Black Touring-L Hybrid Pacifica S
Alpine 13 speakers system
Verde V10 Influx with Nexen N Priz RH7a (summer)
Stock black Noise 18'' wheel Studded Gislaved Nordfrost 200 (winter)

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:48 PM

I don't feel low quality is why sales have been low; Chrysler makes much less profit on Hybrids, which is why dealers don't stock or sell them as much. They have a real perception/customer buy-in issue regarding this hybrid, to the point that they don't even really advertise it as a plug-in. Shifting market winds show that EVs are on the rise, and FCA themselves will be aggressively rolling out PHEV Jeeps in the next two years - expect this technology to last.

2019 Chrysler Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:02 PM

I bought a 2018 PacHy. Received Oct 2017. I've put 35,000+ miles. Outside of 2 software recalls it's been great. Never a problem. Love it. Average 38 to 45 MPG. $9500. in rebates ( California )
Kamex009 likes this.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:07 AM

Garage
I'm with you kj1200, very nervous about the PacHy from reading these forums, but I bought a new 2018 off the lot 2 days ago anyway. So far so good. But it's hard not to read about issues and feel that they are much more prevalent than in reality. Go with the hybrid, and best of luck to you!
ScorpyMjolnir and pannna like this.

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebanaev View Post
I'm with you kj1200, very nervous about the PacHy from reading these forums,
You gotta remember, forums aren't a random samping. People with problems will look for a place to talk about them. People without problems are largely out living their lives. I don't come here creating "everything is going fine!" posts, nor does anyone else. Toyota, Honda, or any other manufacturer will have the same thing on dedicated forums. The complaints are concentrated.
jsmit86 and Johnnyma45 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in