Rattle Rattle! - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Rattle Rattle!

Our 2018 has a very annoying rattle coming from what sounds like the third row seat mechanism or possible the sliding drivers side door mechanism or locking motor.

It sort of sounded like a toy car on the loose from the grand kids but I have searched high and low and except for the odd cookie.................

Back in the winter time the dealer said that they found that the drain tubes from the sun roof had come loose and that was the problem that they fixed. Nice try but NADA!

Anyhow, I did a quick search on here and found some similar issues but nobody seems to have posted the solution.

We have tried driving while someone sits in the back but so far we have been unable to nail down the source of the rattle.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks

2018 Hybrid Pearl Black on Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idenphones View Post
Our 2018 has a very annoying rattle coming from what sounds like the third row seat mechanism or possible the sliding drivers side door mechanism or locking motor.

It sort of sounded like a toy car on the loose from the grand kids but I have searched high and low and except for the odd cookie.................

Back in the winter time the dealer said that they found that the drain tubes from the sun roof had come loose and that was the problem that they fixed. Nice try but NADA!

Anyhow, I did a quick search on here and found some similar issues but nobody seems to have posted the solution.

We have tried driving while someone sits in the back but so far we have been unable to nail down the source of the rattle.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks
I found a pencil rolling around under the floor but not in the stow and go wells. I could hear it for a while and eventually I found it when looking with the sliding door opened. I don't know if things can get there somehow when the seats get folded and eventually get where you can find them. It sounded like what it was, a pencil rolling around in a can.

If you edit your signature line to tell if your van is a gas or hybrid it might help. I see it is in the hybrid forum. I don't know how a hybrid floor is.

Good luck.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

She is a Hybrid. Signature modified! Thanks

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:55 AM

Any chance you can narrow the noise down to left or right side? If you think right side, all the rear climate control stuff is in there. Maybe while being still, change rear temp or fan speeds to see if the noise comes or goes or changes. Just a idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

I will see if I can convince the copilot to be the pilot for a trip or two down the bumpy road to try to isolate it better and will report back.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:29 PM

Probably a long shot but we had an annoying rattle in the back and it turned out to be the rear center headrest was at a weird spot between clicks. We put it all the way down and the rattle was gone. I still can’t get over how quiet and tight this cabin is so when something does start to rattle it’s that much more obvious lol. Good luck!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:50 AM

So I have a 2018 PacHy Limited I bought a month ago. It has a rattle back around the 3rd row and my kids said it sounded like it came from the ceiling. After much testing, I have become fairly sure it’s the 3rd row sun-roof. When I open the shade of the sun-roof shade back there, the rattle disappears immediately, but when I close it, it starts rattling immediately again. Ironically, I’ve found that if the shade is closed for a while while the sun is directly overhead, the rattle will eventually stop. Part of me wonders if the something in the shade is heating up and expanding in the sun and causing the rattle to go away after a while.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

I took ours back to the stealership back in the winter time for a recall and mentioned the rattle.

They said "All Fixed"! It was the drain tubes for the sunroof not attached to the body and full of ice.
Nice try!

I will check our sunroof shade over the weekend to see what I can hear.

So far it seems to be coming from inside the backrest of the third row seat or maybe the mounting system for the third row seat.

The third row seat looks like lots of fun to take out.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idenphones View Post
I will see if I can convince the copilot to be the pilot for a trip or two down the bumpy road to try to isolate it better and will report back.
Worst comes to worst find an ASE tech that owns a Steelman chassis ears set. Two guys take the vehicle for a drive: one drives while the other listens to the unit and takes notes. They can test any point on the car that they can attach an alligater clip. They can test up to six places at a time.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:04 AM

I had a rattle making me INSANE on my 2018 gas.

Turned out the license plate and holder was the problem... put a rubber washer on the back and good to go.

Sounded inside the car but it wasn't.

Probably not your issue but worth mentioning just in case!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in