18' Hybrid no rear HVAC control @ dealer 38 days - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

18' Hybrid no rear HVAC control @ dealer 38 days

Anyone had any issues with rear HVAC access from front touch panel. We're on our 3rd visit since Feb, this go around today makes 38 days as of today and counting.

First visit:
Concerns:
1st rear HVAC access from the front touchscreen. Rear control is locked out, this happened around u73 recall sept/oct we believe but only noticed it sometime late Nov.
2nd: rear trim piece above license plate doesn't sit flush, 4th attempt by dealer, 1st at this dealer

HVAC: Replaced a module in the front, didn't fix. Per FCA order new touch screen.
Rear Trim: FCA approved trim piece replacement and ordered one.

Second Visit:
HVAC: Replaced touch screen, didn't fix per FCA order two modules for the rear.

Third Visit:
Concerns:
HVAC follow up, parts came in
Rear trim piece, is it coming in or?
Water in trunk area, unknown cause.

Replaced two rear modules, didn't fix called FCA. Sent in engineers, engineers were to review the firmware code on the van for the touchscreen. FCA never followed up with dealer, authorized 2nd touch screen replacement as of 5/30/19. Tech goes "didn't we already do this?" . I said yes and it did nothing.

We went by the van last wednesday night to see what state its in, sitting in a parking lot rear section of the service depart. Portions of the interior is also taken apart.

I apologize for pics being rotated, no matter what rotation i upload them as three of the four come out sideways.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190529_203150.jpg (154.8 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 20190529_203145.jpg (226.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 20190529_203442.jpg (169.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 20190529_203338.jpg (214.9 KB, 45 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:57 PM

Hmmm. That is weird. I've had no problems like that. It's almost like the software has been configured for a van without rear a/c. Definitely a problem for FCA to figure out since dealers don't have that kind of access to change. If I was fixing it I would have FCA pull the sales codes for that VIN, figure out what codes it should have and have FCA change their database for that VIN. Dealers can change sales codes through the parts department for example if they wanted to add towing features to a vehicle that didn't come with it from the factory. The fact that they are trying different parts now may indicate that it does have the correct sales codes but the vehicle isn't cooperating.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Long Overdue update.

We dropped off our van April 26th. Immediately the dealer acknowledged they had created a star case for the rear heating/cooling.
Chrysler engineers came out and took some data from the van. Three weeks went by with nothing, first of June dealer gave me an update. Chrysler had made a "fake" vin to download some uconnect software for the dealer, then the dealer uploaded it.

On all other issues we were given the run around, water in the trunk they stated they didn't find anything and van was outside in heavy rain for 40+ days.

Clicking noise when going from forward or reverse/visa versa. No problem found.

We picked up the van around 6/13.

Immediately pulling out of the parking lot of the dealer, the clunk noise in the front end happened. We went a crossed the street to target, wife goes in. Im looking at the uconnect. 2019 gas uconnect, no hybrid functions, some seat headrest stuff, missing surround camera. All kinds of weird stuff.

We leave target and go straight to the Kansas City Zoo, got to the zoo. Go to grab the stroller and look at the rear cargo area carpet. Molded over, head liner has grease hand marks.

We immediately called our Chrysler claims rep.

On 6/22 we dropped it off again. Immediately they were able to fix the uconnect and said they found water entering through the rear tail like grommet on the body. They cleaned the rear carpet and headliner. They called me the 27th, my wife happen to be in the area and went to stop by prior to us finding a babysitter and doing the whole vehicle shuffle. She called me with the service rep and said the headliner was worse. He agreed to clean it again. When pulling it back into the shop he heard the popping noise.
They worked on it remainder of thursday and some of friday. They ended up replacing the drivers side front strut mount, strut hat, wheel bearing and some other random bits and they ordered a new strut as well.

As of friday we have our van back (finally).

As of right now we're waiting on our rep to call us back, previously we were on conversations about compensation. We had asked that our lifetime warranty deductible be removed ($100). They mentioned they could cover car payment for time it was in or do a service plan. We stated the service plan was useless being its a hybrid and we don't do oil changes but maybe once a year.
Additionally we're waiting on a trim piece above the rear license plate and now that drivers side front strut.

Sorry if this is a mess, i've typed this three times and keep having to come back to it.

edit: during the visit in May we also had the ball joint recall completed and they replaced the body control module. They stated it was part of a intermittent CEL we were getting.
stop-eject likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by inis; 06-30-2019 at 08:09 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Unread 07-02-2019, 07:33 PM

Wow! Did this finally get resolved? I hope they loaned you a car? Why did it require a deductable?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Unread 07-03-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inis View Post
Long Overdue update.

We dropped off our van April 26th. Immediately the dealer acknowledged they had created a star case for the rear heating/cooling.
Chrysler engineers came out and took some data from the van. Three weeks went by with nothing, first of June dealer gave me an update. Chrysler had made a "fake" vin to download some uconnect software for the dealer, then the dealer uploaded it.

On all other issues we were given the run around, water in the trunk they stated they didn't find anything and van was outside in heavy rain for 40+ days.

Clicking noise when going from forward or reverse/visa versa. No problem found.

We picked up the van around 6/13.

Immediately pulling out of the parking lot of the dealer, the clunk noise in the front end happened. We went a crossed the street to target, wife goes in. Im looking at the uconnect. 2019 gas uconnect, no hybrid functions, some seat headrest stuff, missing surround camera. All kinds of weird stuff.

We leave target and go straight to the Kansas City Zoo, got to the zoo. Go to grab the stroller and look at the rear cargo area carpet. Molded over, head liner has grease hand marks.

We immediately called our Chrysler claims rep.

On 6/22 we dropped it off again. Immediately they were able to fix the uconnect and said they found water entering through the rear tail like grommet on the body. They cleaned the rear carpet and headliner. They called me the 27th, my wife happen to be in the area and went to stop by prior to us finding a babysitter and doing the whole vehicle shuffle. She called me with the service rep and said the headliner was worse. He agreed to clean it again. When pulling it back into the shop he heard the popping noise.
They worked on it remainder of thursday and some of friday. They ended up replacing the drivers side front strut mount, strut hat, wheel bearing and some other random bits and they ordered a new strut as well.

As of friday we have our van back (finally).

As of right now we're waiting on our rep to call us back, previously we were on conversations about compensation. We had asked that our lifetime warranty deductible be removed ($100). They mentioned they could cover car payment for time it was in or do a service plan. We stated the service plan was useless being its a hybrid and we don't do oil changes but maybe once a year.
Additionally we're waiting on a trim piece above the rear license plate and now that drivers side front strut.

Sorry if this is a mess, i've typed this three times and keep having to come back to it.

edit: during the visit in May we also had the ball joint recall completed and they replaced the body control module. They stated it was part of a intermittent CEL we were getting.

I'm also driving a hybrid, my sales told me I need to do a oil change service every 6 months?

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited (S Package/HK speakers)
2019 Volvo XC40
2015 Nissan Versa Note
2010 Audi Q5 3.2L
2007 Audi A4
2006 Honda Civic
2004 Nissan 350z
2003 Hyundai Tiburon
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Unread 07-03-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygaoqi View Post
I'm also driving a hybrid, my sales told me I need to do a oil change service every 6 months?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the manual says to change the oil after one year, 10,000 miles, or the oil life indicator says it's time, whichever comes first. The dealer is either uninformed or dishonest.
triggerhappy007 likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Unread 07-03-2019, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnectPacifica View Post
Wow! Did this finally get resolved? I hope they loaned you a car? Why did it require a deductable?
Yes they provided a rental through a rental company at the dealer. However we had a hit and run on us so that has turned into a lovely situation. Luckily our deductible is very low. Van seems resolved now, however were waiting on a drivers side front strut and that rear trim piece so there will be atleast another visit or two. We very much missed having our van back, never ever will we buy a gas pacifica after being in one for over 40 days.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Unread 07-04-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteitle View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the manual says to change the oil after one year, 10,000 miles, or the oil life indicator says it's time, whichever comes first. The dealer is either uninformed or dishonest.

And he sold me a pre-paid service package for 13 times oil change for 5 yrs. However, looks like I only need 5 oil change for the next 5 yrs?

2019 Volvo XC40
2015 Nissan Versa Note
2010 Audi Q5 3.2L
2007 Audi A4
2006 Honda Civic
2004 Nissan 350z
2003 Hyundai Tiburon
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Unread 07-04-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygaoqi View Post
And he sold me a pre-paid service package for 13 times oil change for 5 yrs. However, looks like I only need 5 oil change for the next 5 yrs?
I see you're in Canada and they may have a different maintenance schedule than the US so check your owner's manual.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring Plus
2019 Nissan Leaf SL 40kWh
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Unread 07-04-2019, 01:29 PM

Will do. Thanks.

2019 Volvo XC40
2015 Nissan Versa Note
2010 Audi Q5 3.2L
2007 Audi A4
2006 Honda Civic
2004 Nissan 350z
2003 Hyundai Tiburon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in