How many months has your tank of gas lasted? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By m0ebius604
  • 1 Post By ValXp
  • 1 Post By m0ebius604
  • 1 Post By arteitle
  • 1 Post By 2018Hybrid
  • 1 Post By RowHammer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
How many months has your tank of gas lasted?

Has anyone had the fuel life expire and FORM force an entire tank to be purged?

If so how long did it last for?

My tank is still 7/8 full With 3100mile (5000km).. it was filled on February 26, 2019.

The owners manual indicates there is a 3month life span but Iím rolling into the 4th month now!
craig likes this.

-2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
-British Columbia Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:17 PM

My last full tank lasted me 6 months. Didn't have fuel refresh mode trigger at all. Possibly because it was during winter and the engine would turn on to get the cabin warm.
m0ebius604 likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValXp View Post
My last full tank lasted me 6 months. Didn't have fuel refresh mode trigger at all. Possibly because it was during winter and the engine would turn on to get the cabin warm.
6 months puts me into Sept and we usually see nice weather hear until October.

Looks like I’ll get to test the limits on this tank.
stop-eject likes this.

-British Columbia Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by m0ebius604; 06-18-2019 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 03:24 PM

Bought on May 17 with full tank from the dealership, as of today still have 3/4 left. Mostly on local short trips except one 150KM road trip. I have a chargepoint level 2 charger at home spending about $10 average monthly due to frequent charging at public stations. Needless to say, I've reduced my monthly gas cost almost 10 times
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLendiz View Post
Great information. . .
@MarkLendiz , are you a bot? No offense if you aren't, but your posts are weird and your last one almost looks like targeted spam. Then again, my posts are weird, so, carry on.

2019 Hybrid Limited Black with bird poop accents, S Package, Froot Loops, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, it was overcast
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
@MarkLendiz , are you a bot? No offense if you aren't, but your posts are weird and your last one almost looks like targeted spam. Then again, my posts are weird, so, carry on.
Definitely a spammer padding his post count so he could post links. It's funny how they always use inappropriate ellipses in their posts, but maybe it's the same spammer coming back for another try.
Frig likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:48 AM

If you are concerned about your fuel getting stale, you can add Stabil to your tank. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are going more than 6 months between fills.

BTW, I think it is great that these vans are working so well that we have to worry about fuel age!
m0ebius604 likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:57 AM

I had my 2018 go into fuel refresh mode yesterday when I was driving to work with 100% battery. The engine ran for about thirty minutes. I have 1300 miles on it and haven’t filled it up yet. It has the original gas from the dealership in it. It was on the dealers lot for exactly a year before I bought it. My salesman said that they filled it when it got to the lot. So the gas is a year old in the tank. Just for reference.
Frig likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowHammer View Post
I had my 2018 go into fuel refresh mode yesterday when I was driving to work with 100% battery. The engine ran for about thirty minutes. I have 1300 miles on it and havenít filled it up yet. It has the original gas from the dealership in it. It was on the dealers lot for exactly a year before I bought it. My salesman said that they filled it when it got to the lot. So the gas is a year old in the tank. Just for reference.
Nice! Personally I'd want to use up the old gas so I'd stop charging it temporarily...

...or keep it going and try to become a Chrysler spokesperson, get in commercials, like those old Volvo commercials with folks getting a million miles, except you get it on the original tank of gas.

2019 Hybrid Limited Black with bird poop accents, S Package, Froot Loops, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, it was overcast
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowHammer View Post
I had my 2018 go into fuel refresh mode yesterday when I was driving to work with 100% battery. The engine ran for about thirty minutes. I have 1300 miles on it and havenít filled it up yet. It has the original gas from the dealership in it. It was on the dealers lot for exactly a year before I bought it. My salesman said that they filled it when it got to the lot. So the gas is a year old in the tank. Just for reference.
Thats Sweet! Weíll see if it lasts that long.. or more than 6months at least.

I maintain my own oil to prevent FORM by allowing the oil temp to reach 85c every time the engine runs (if possible)..

I usually recommend everyone choose to run in hybrid mode for the first tank to establish a break-in on the engine side powertrain.. otherwise when does it get a chance?

-British Columbia Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page