Nothing significant 2020 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Nothing significant 2020

I was hoping the PacHy Limited would get HID headlight, power third row seating, better electric only range etc. Instead it is getting one touch down switches for the back seat.
Yawn
m0ebius604 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
I was hoping the PacHy Limited would get HID headlight, power third row seating, better electric only range etc. Instead it is getting one touch down switches for the back seat.
Yawn
On the bright side, no one will have to agonize over whether to buy a leftover 2019 for less than a 2020.

'18 PacHy Ltd, red/alloy, 18" whls, roof, AST
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 10:17 AM

It would be interesting to know the conversation at Chrysler why HID lights were not incorporated. I am guessing cost related but really the HID are not that expensive anymore...

2019 (build date Jan 2019) Pacifica Hybrid Limited; S package; SafetyTec; Sunroof; Dark Cordovan Color

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 01:39 PM

Is it confirmed that there is no HID or LED for the higher limited trims?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 02:04 PM

I guess I'm one of the few that prefers manual 3rd row seats. Two pulls and the seats dump themselves into the floor quickly. Raising them is no big deal either. I'd rather do those than press and hold a button waiting for the seats to fold.

2019 Chrysler Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
It would be interesting to know the conversation at Chrysler why HID lights were not incorporated. I am guessing cost related but really the HID are not that expensive anymore...
Actually I think the conversation was quite simple; delete anything from the gas pacifica platform that Waymo doesn't truly need.

I don't think consumers were ever the intended market for the hybrid, Waymo was. Consumer sales are just a bonus.

Google's last order alone was a few times more than was ever sold to consumers, and there's probably larger orders on the way. I'm thinking they deleted any features that an autonomous taxi wouldn't need and then marketed that to consumers as well. So things like a light in the glovebox or memory seats or power 3rd row would be nixed right away. Headlights aren't critical on autonomous vehicles so they're downgraded as well. Stow&go wouldn't be important to Waymo but comfy and roomy seats would be, so that's in the hybrids. Waymo doesn't want sunroofs, so no hybrids come with them standard. Etc etc...

Consumers balked at not having memory seats on a $50k car so Chrysler eventually relented there.

Waymo I'm sure wants greater electric range, but that's not critical to them at the moment since their test areas are relatively small. They might order a bunch of 2021 or 2022 Portals for the extended range but Pacifica's range will be fine for the short term.

Just my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2019 Hybrid Limited Black with bird poop accents, S Package, Froot Loops, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, it was overcast
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
I guess I'm one of the few that prefers manual 3rd row seats. Two pulls and the seats dump themselves into the floor quickly. Raising them is no big deal either. I'd rather do those than press and hold a button waiting for the seats to fold.
Yeah, slower, more complicated, and just not a benefit. I'm pretty happy not to have the power rear seat. It's a showroom feature that doesn't have a real-world purpose.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
Yeah, slower, more complicated, and just not a benefit. I'm pretty happy not to have the power rear seat. It's a showroom feature that doesn't have a real-world purpose.
Except maybe for smaller or weaker folks who cannot work it manually. But, yeah, for most of us there is no benefit.

One of the two times I used it (in a year and a half!), it did the famous sticking thing, and needed the software fix. So my endorsement is pretty tepid.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, AST, 20" wheels (build date 1-25-18)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6 FWD Eco Green

Past . . .
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L, 2003 Mazda MPV, 1997 Odyssey,
1999 Accord, 1994 Accord, 1988 Accord . . .
. . . and others in the 'way back machine!
. . . First new car:
1962 Plymouth Valiant
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:39 AM

If you’re too small or weak to work it, you’re probably too small or weak to reach a button. There’s very little strength or size required. You’re not lifting the seats, just tugging a strap that pivots them. Maybe 10lbs of pull.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
Actually I think the conversation was quite simple; delete anything from the gas pacifica platform that Waymo doesn't truly need.

I don't think consumers were ever the intended market for the hybrid, Waymo was. Consumer sales are just a bonus.

Google's last order alone was a few times more than was ever sold to consumers, and there's probably larger orders on the way. I'm thinking they deleted any features that an autonomous taxi wouldn't need and then marketed that to consumers as well. So things like a light in the glovebox or memory seats or power 3rd row would be nixed right away. Headlights aren't critical on autonomous vehicles so they're downgraded as well. Stow&go wouldn't be important to Waymo but comfy and roomy seats would be, so that's in the hybrids. Waymo doesn't want sunroofs, so no hybrids come with them standard. Etc etc...

Consumers balked at not having memory seats on a $50k car so Chrysler eventually relented there.

Waymo I'm sure wants greater electric range, but that's not critical to them at the moment since their test areas are relatively small. They might order a bunch of 2021 or 2022 Portals for the extended range but Pacifica's range will be fine for the short term.

Just my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Have you seen the specs on a Waymo van? I doubt that they get Limited versions. The PacHy Limited is as close as Chrysler can get to having a "Halo" car. I would imagine that they would want to get more of them into the hands of consumers as they bring up the MPG and lower emissions for the whole fleet.
irpilot likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page