Battery down after 2nd day of purchase 2018 pacifica hybrid - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 15Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Battery down after 2nd day of purchase 2018 pacifica hybrid

2 days after purchase my 12V battery is 100% down. I really appreciate all of you who warned me of this. I had it checked while there manually at it was at 12.6V. Brought it home - drove it 20 miles and completely down. Called mopar assistance. Any advice on how to get a new battery?

Horrible experience for day 2 of purchase- we bought the car in Houston and need to get to Dallas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnectPacifica View Post
2 days after purchase my 12V battery is 100% down. I really appreciate all of you who warned me of this. I had it checked while there manually at it was at 12.6V. Brought it home - drove it 20 miles and completely down. Called mopar assistance. Any advice on how to get a new battery?

Horrible experience for day 2 of purchase- we bought the car in Houston and need to get to Dallas!

@ChryslerCares please see above note and I did PM you privately

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:

Bring it back and demand a new one asap. Mark the old one first so they can't just recharge it.

Great car, but sucky battery maintenance while it sat on lot for months.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dusty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast with chance of rain

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
@ChryslerCares please see above note and I did PM you privately

If any of you have advice on how to ensure that Chyrsler service takes care of battery issue please advise.

Also, if any of you are in Dallas, TX and have recommendations on dealership with best service please advise.

Thank you

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

So we jumped the car by MOPAR. It started. Battery showed 0%, parking light blinking, and would not move from park to reverse with battery light on and warning light to service transmission. Left car on now for over an hour, its at 60%. With same warnings . have not turned it off and on yet for fear car wont start.

Should we wait to 80 to 100% and retry?

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 04:58 PM

If the 12V batter is dead, it doesn't matter what the charge state of the high-voltage battery is.
Frig likes this.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
If the 12V batter is dead, it doesn't matter what the charge state of the high-voltage battery is.

Thanks mike- weird though. I guess the high voltage was 0% when we jumped it, now its at 76% after if left it on jumped for 2 hours.

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks mike- weird though. I guess the high voltage was 0% when we jumped it, now its at 76% after if left it on jumped for 2 hours.

So wait, what exactly do you mean when you say "the 12v battery is 100% down?" Did it die? Do any lights go on? Does it start?

Did you plug it in at all? The "100%" it said on the dash is for the amount of electric battery left for driving around. It'll go down to "0%" or "<1%" if you drive it around for 30ish miles. It'll stay at "0%" while driving and won't go back to "100%" until you plug it in (or go down a really really long hill).

You drove 20 miles total? Personally, for a car that's been sitting on the lot for a bunch of months I would have driven it at least 100+ miles, kinda to work the cobwebs out and check for problems, which would also charge the 12v battery up.

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
So wait, what exactly do you mean when you say "the 12v battery is 100% down?" Did it die? Do any lights go on? Does it start?

Did you plug it in at all? The "100%" it said on the dash is for the amount of electric battery left for driving around. It'll go down to "0%" or "<1%" if you drive it around for 30ish miles. It'll stay at "0%" while driving and won't go back to "100%" until you plug it in (or go down a really really long hill).

You drove 20 miles total? Personally, for a car that's been sitting on the lot for a bunch of months I would have driven it at least 100+ miles, kinda to work the cobwebs out and check for problems, which would also charge the 12v battery up.

Battery was completely down - jumped it and it started. The lithium charge states it is going up- went to 80%.

The car keeps blinking P. Check engine light is on. Says service transmission.

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Battery was completely down - jumped it and it started. The lithium charge states it is going up- went to 80%.

The car keeps blinking P. Check engine light is on. Says service transmission.

Define completely down. Define lithium charge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page