Battery down after 2nd day of purchase 2018 pacifica hybrid - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 15Likes
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
Battery down after 2nd day of purchase 2018 pacifica hybrid

2 days after purchase my 12V battery is 100% down. I really appreciate all of you who warned me of this. I had it checked while there manually at it was at 12.6V. Brought it home - drove it 20 miles and completely down. Called mopar assistance. Any advice on how to get a new battery?

Horrible experience for day 2 of purchase- we bought the car in Houston and need to get to Dallas!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UconnectPacifica is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnectPacifica View Post
2 days after purchase my 12V battery is 100% down. I really appreciate all of you who warned me of this. I had it checked while there manually at it was at 12.6V. Brought it home - drove it 20 miles and completely down. Called mopar assistance. Any advice on how to get a new battery?

Horrible experience for day 2 of purchase- we bought the car in Houston and need to get to Dallas!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ChryslerCares please see above note and I did PM you privately


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UconnectPacifica is offline  
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Frig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnectPacifica View Post
2 days after purchase my 12V battery is 100% down. I really appreciate all of you who warned me of this. I had it checked while there manually at it was at 12.6V. Brought it home - drove it 20 miles and completely down. Called mopar assistance. Any advice on how to get a new battery?

Horrible experience for day 2 of purchase- we bought the car in Houston and need to get to Dallas!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bring it back and demand a new one asap. Mark the old one first so they can't just recharge it.

Great car, but sucky battery maintenance while it sat on lot for months.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dusty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast with chance of rain
Frig is online now  
 
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnectPacifica View Post
@ChryslerCares please see above note and I did PM you privately


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


If any of you have advice on how to ensure that Chyrsler service takes care of battery issue please advise.

Also, if any of you are in Dallas, TX and have recommendations on dealership with best service please advise.

Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UconnectPacifica is offline  
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
So we jumped the car by MOPAR. It started. Battery showed 0%, parking light blinking, and would not move from park to reverse with battery light on and warning light to service transmission. Left car on now for over an hour, its at 60%. With same warnings . have not turned it off and on yet for fear car wont start.


Should we wait to 80 to 100% and retry?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UconnectPacifica is offline  
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 242
If the 12V batter is dead, it doesn't matter what the charge state of the high-voltage battery is.
Frig likes this.

2019 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
RC Mike is online now  
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
If the 12V batter is dead, it doesn't matter what the charge state of the high-voltage battery is.


Thanks mike- weird though. I guess the high voltage was 0% when we jumped it, now its at 76% after if left it on jumped for 2 hours.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UconnectPacifica is offline  
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Frig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnectPacifica View Post
Thanks mike- weird though. I guess the high voltage was 0% when we jumped it, now its at 76% after if left it on jumped for 2 hours.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So wait, what exactly do you mean when you say "the 12v battery is 100% down?" Did it die? Do any lights go on? Does it start?

Did you plug it in at all? The "100%" it said on the dash is for the amount of electric battery left for driving around. It'll go down to "0%" or "<1%" if you drive it around for 30ish miles. It'll stay at "0%" while driving and won't go back to "100%" until you plug it in (or go down a really really long hill).

You drove 20 miles total? Personally, for a car that's been sitting on the lot for a bunch of months I would have driven it at least 100+ miles, kinda to work the cobwebs out and check for problems, which would also charge the 12v battery up.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dusty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast with chance of rain
Frig is online now  
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frig View Post
So wait, what exactly do you mean when you say "the 12v battery is 100% down?" Did it die? Do any lights go on? Does it start?



Did you plug it in at all? The "100%" it said on the dash is for the amount of electric battery left for driving around. It'll go down to "0%" or "<1%" if you drive it around for 30ish miles. It'll stay at "0%" while driving and won't go back to "100%" until you plug it in (or go down a really really long hill).



You drove 20 miles total? Personally, for a car that's been sitting on the lot for a bunch of months I would have driven it at least 100+ miles, kinda to work the cobwebs out and check for problems, which would also charge the 12v battery up.

Battery was completely down - jumped it and it started. The lithium charge states it is going up- went to 80%.

The car keeps blinking P. Check engine light is on. Says service transmission.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UconnectPacifica is offline  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Frig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnectPacifica View Post
Battery was completely down - jumped it and it started. The lithium charge states it is going up- went to 80%.

The car keeps blinking P. Check engine light is on. Says service transmission.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Define completely down. Define lithium charge.

2019 Hybrid Limited Dusty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast with chance of rain
Frig is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome