North Texas dealership - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By VanWilder
  • 1 Post By VanWilder

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

North Texas dealership

Any recommendations for a Chrysler dealership to purchase a new Pacifica Hybrid from in the North Texas/DFW area? The two dealerships I've visited so far didn't even know they made a hybrid version even though they had them on the lot. We're probably going order new since we cannot find exactly what we want close, but any service having to do with the hybrid systems sounds like it could be a challenge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:46 PM

Bobby Crosby @ Dodge City McKinney sold me mine (Gas Limited) - lowest price between like 5 or 6 dealers

2019 Limited S | Granite Crystal / HK Sound / Advanced SafetyTec / Uconnect Theater
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

That was one of the places we looked and we did drive one of their gasoline Limited vans. The hybrid on their lot was an '18 Touring trim and it was completely dead, wouldn't even open the door locks. We ended up finding a '19 Limited hybrid in Grapevine that we actually drove, but again they were not at all knowledgeable about the hybrid version. I imagine we will buy primarily based on the price which we'll do via internet sales, but I'd be willing to give someone a chance if there was a reason like service or hybrid sales history.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:09 AM

Watch out at Grapevine DCJR.......several dealer add-ons that they will not budge on.
Cornfield likes this.

2019 Limited S | Granite Crystal / HK Sound / Advanced SafetyTec / Uconnect Theater
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanWilder View Post
Bobby Crosby @ Dodge City McKinney sold me mine (Gas Limited) - lowest price between like 5 or 6 dealers
How much off MSRP did you get?

I'm surprised there's not many hybrids left in the state of TX. There were still a bunch in April/May after the $2500 state rebate expired. I wonder if they transferred them to other states?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Touring Plus
2019 Nissan Leaf SL 40kWh

Last edited by triggerhappy007; 07-23-2019 at 04:13 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerhappy007 View Post
How much off MSRP did you get?

I'm surprised there's not many hybrids left in the state of TX. There were still a bunch in April/May after the $2500 state rebate expired. I wonder if they transferred them to other states?
It wasn't a hybrid - Limited Gas. I think it was around $9000. MSRP was just over $48k - I was out the door at $39k and change.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 02:49 PM

We got ours at Dodge City McKinney. For some reason they carried 2 Hybrid S Limiteds, both black, whereas none of the other dealers in the greater DFW are had any other Limiteds (fortunately, black was our second choice color.) Salespeople were fine enough to deal with, and they had a dealer discount that somewhat negated the dealer add-ons which could not be removed.

I'm surprised that Grapevine had no idea about hybrids - their service bay has a Mopar L2 charger right in the parking area. And, I think every dealer does the add-ons - the guy at McKinney told me straight out that that's the only profit they make on the Hybrids.

2019 Chrysler Pacifica S Hybrid Limited - Brilliant Black, all options
2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack - B5 Blue
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 03:06 PM

Avoid Grapevine Chrysler. They advertise great prices but fail to disclose that they won’t sell it to you for the advertised price. Try the Autonation dealer instead.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

What dealer add on were they pushing? The Grapevine dealership was talking up their remote monitoring service a lot and all I could think about was, my iPhone can do pretty much all of that....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
What dealer add on were they pushing? The Grapevine dealership was talking up their remote monitoring service a lot and all I could think about was, my iPhone can do pretty much all of that....
Mopar EVTS - which is what they were pushing on you. It is garbage and 'required by the owner of the dealership' to be on all vehicles. Other add-ons were double-dipping on locking wheel lugs already on the sticker, window tint, pin stripping (who knew that was still a thing), and some protective film crap that 'extended' the manufacturer warranty.

Just don't go back......you will be better off.
Cornfield likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page