Stalling Issue. - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Stalling Issue.

typosI sort of feel weird joining a forum and having my post being a scary situation. But this forum would have the most people that drive the same car as my family's, so hopefully I can get some advice.

My wife and I got our car in Ontario at a southwestern Ontario dealership in early summer 2018. It's a fully loaded hybrid with every option. We got a 3 year lease. And if you asked us yesterday - we would have sung praises. The car is beautiful (as far as a minivan can go anyways), comfortable, luxurious, and loaded with safety features. The PEP is great - and when in the city, my wife almost never uses gas.

We were aware of the recall, and about 4 weeks ago, my wife took it to the dealership to get a software upgrade. It seems from some googling, that the issue of stalling has had some press (nytimes did an article - though not about the hybrid but the gasoline only version).

However, on our way to my parent's place today (a 200K drive), our car stalled on a major road. Just like that while we were going 70km an hour or so. It flashed that we needed to turn it to P or something for the car to start. My wife, who was driving, was panicked (we have two small children, 1 and 3), but was able to move the car safely into a residential road. The care would not restart. We were driving on gas at this point, and had been for some time (as we were at the end of a 200 km drive). We were lucky to get CAA to come quickly, and as we were near the end of out trip, was able to get my elderly dad to pick us up, including the kids (we transferred the car seats). We were lucky in the end - the outdoor heat was unbearable and if we stalled elsewhere, with an average 40 minute wait for CAA, we could have run into issues with our children.

We towed the car to the nearest Chrysler dealership. As you can imagine, my wife is terrified about the idea of driving a car that can stall like that. It was indeed very frightening. With a 2 year lease remaining on an expensive car, dealing with this seems like a huge hassle!

Anyone else have the same problem. What would people suggest?

Last edited by gsatire; 07-29-2019 at 08:56 PM. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Today, 01:17 AM

Hey there. We experienced a similar issue on August 9th. While traveling with our younger kids on vacation, the car suddenly stalled throwing up an error message to "Check Charging System." We had to wait more than four hours on the side of the road for roadside assistance to arrive (from 2 AM to 6 AM). My car is still at the (out of state) dealership and I am finding it impossible to get a call back from my case manager despite the multiple calls I have been making each day. Was your car ever repaired?

For reference, I was told I have an Active Error Code: P0C0B. This was triggered by a faulty PIM Module, requiring special approvals from Chrysler's Star Center engineers. And the part is still on back-order.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page