new pacifica - interior lights won't turn off - and rattling sound - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By arteitle
  • 1 Post By SciTchr
  • 1 Post By CentralFla
  • 1 Post By PacificaNewbie

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

new pacifica - interior lights won't turn off - and rattling sound

I just bought my new Pacifica!

Drove it home 2.5 hours.

When it became dark all the interior lights came on. I can't figure out how to turn them off. The buttons on the center roof in the front with the light symbol on them seem like the obvious answer, but they don't seem to do anything.

Got home, turned off the car, locked it, been inside for 15 minutes, and the interior lights are still on! I don't have it plugged in.

What can I do?

also, on the way home, a metallic rattling sound started and continued most of the drive home - it sounded like it was coming from around the glove compartment - anyone know what this could be?

Excited about the new car - the dealer put in a new battery, changed all fluids, and detailed it before I drove off. hopefully can figure out how to turn the lights off so I don't wake up to a dead battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Lights eventually went off on their own. Should be able to turn them off while driving though. Is this a setting?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:32 PM

The interior panel dimmer control is the rightmost of the two dimmer controls to the left of the steering column. If it's dialed all the way up to the top detent it'll lock all the lights on. Turn it down below the detent and that should fix it.
PacificaNewbie likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificaNewbie View Post
I just bought my new Pacifica!

Drove it home 2.5 hours.

When it became dark all the interior lights came on. I can't figure out how to turn them off. The buttons on the center roof in the front with the light symbol on them seem like the obvious answer, but they don't seem to do anything.

Got home, turned off the car, locked it, been inside for 15 minutes, and the interior lights are still on! I don't have it plugged in.

What can I do?

also, on the way home, a metallic rattling sound started and continued most of the drive home - it sounded like it was coming from around the glove compartment - anyone know what this could be?

Excited about the new car - the dealer put in a new battery, changed all fluids, and detailed it before I drove off. hopefully can figure out how to turn the lights off so I don't wake up to a dead battery.
Congratulations on the new van. If you put the van info (year, trim, gas/hybrid, etc.) in the signature line of the UserCP it will show up at the bottom of each post.

As far as the rattle is concerned, check the obvious places and the less obvious places. Check the sunglasses case and mirror in the overhead console. If you have a garage door remote attached to the visor move it to see if the sound changes. That was the source of a vibration sound that seemed like it came from the touchscreen. I don't have a hybrid so maybe a hybrid owner will offer more suggestions on what to check.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificaNewbie View Post

I had a similar annoying rattle, and determined that it was the seat belt buckles in the third row seats. Be sure that when the seats are not it use that the seat belts are secured to the side panel in the rear (there is a clip on the panel) to keep them from flopping around. Also check to see if the second row belts are not banging up against the side panel. As you know sound travels and at times hard to detect the source and location of the rattle.

<

2017 Pacifica Touring-L, Red Velvet/alloy seats,
8.4 Uconnect, Added NAV. Ordered Late Nov,
Built 12/15/16 - Took delivery 12/21/16
in Michigan
Previous Vans-06 T&C, 08 T&C, 11 T&C,
14 T&C

2008 electric golf cart (Club Car) to get
around the community

Last edited by CentralFla; 08-06-2019 at 11:17 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

the rattle went away. Stopped by the service center, and the guy suggested it may have been a rock that got under the hood, prattled around for awhile, and eventually fell out.
SciTchr likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in