2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Pacifica Hybrid: the Plugin Minivan that give you 0 electric miles

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  stop-eject 
#1 ·

This is my first post and also first Chrysler vehicle.

I bought a new 2019 Pacifica Hybrid with the hope that will "run" similar to my Chevy Volt. I understood certain differences like how much you need to accelerate (no more than 50%) to stay in electric mode.

So far i have done 0 electric miles. The from the moment that i bought it it has been in Fuel and Oil refresher mode. I read the thread in this forums that talk about the issue (specifically the analysis done by ipconfig). His Epic post was great.

This is what I have tried so far:

- New Gas (from empty to full)
- Kept oil Temp above 220
- Reset the oil gauge, now is 100%
- Left the car ON for a long period of time,

and other suggestions that I read in this forums. The temp here is around 80 to 90 F

This does not make sense. My 2013 and 2017 Chevy volt only go to this process one time a year and don't take that long. Chrysler website and the information available for this car said that you are going to be able to drive up to 31-33 miles in electric mode. (If you drive certain way and in certain temperature).

BTW the car is fully charge.

Already going to service the car due to this issue.

0 electric miles is not acceptable.

Thanks for any feedback

See less See more
#2 ·
Something is def not right . I was just in Florida keys last 2 weeks and it ran 100 electric. . I averaged 40 mpg in city, drive home from key west to Toronto Canada only cost me 80 bucks ( 5 people and 2 Thule racks on the cross bars ). I’d def book appoint for service as if gets fully charged it should run on electric in city 100 percent . Good luck

#3 ·
Of course 0 electric is not acceptable, don't even need to state that, but there may be a legitimate reason, but we need more info.

When was it manufactured? Check the sticker on the door.

When did you drive it off the lot?

How many miles were on it?

How much gas was in it?

When was it filled with gas?

What was mileage when filled?

What is mileage now?

I don't believe it needs servicing but that depends on more info.

#9 ·
Of course 0 electric is not acceptable, don't even need to state that, but there may be a legitimate reason, but we need more info.

When was it manufactured? Check the sticker on the door.

When did you drive it off the lot?

How many miles were on it?

How much gas was in it?

When was it filled with gas?

What was mileage when filled?

What is mileage now?

I don't believe it needs servicing but that depends on more info.

When was it manufactured? 10/18

When did you drive it off the lot? Last Week

How many miles were on it? 89

How much gas was in it? The minivan had the "low fuel" on. The dealer filled the tank

When was it filled with gas? 89 and Around 325/6xx

What was mileage when filled? 89/around 325/6xx

What is mileage now? 859

If you see that the miles are a bit low between gas stop is because initially I car was parked and "On". I was trying to get rid of the message. Both of the times I have even used premium 91/93 and the fuel indicator = to low fuel.

To be fair the refresh message when away for a 11 miles. Stopped for a candy and when i returned the refresh mode was on again. !

Did refuel again and the refresh still going with only 11 E-miles in 3 tanks.

One of my friends have also one Pacifica Hybrid , and he is not having this issue.

#4 ·
Oil and refresh mode is a fact of life with these vans. Once the requirements are met that it can turn off it will and you will be back to your normal PHEV bliss.

Yes, it can certainly be frustrating as it isn't clear what's needed to get rid of it. Just a whole lot of speculation from users, including myself. But it does eventually go away. Depending on your climate and usage patterns you may see it more or less than others.

Here in Ontario Canada we see it very little in summer months, but somewhat regularly in winter months / below freezing temps.

My speculation is that frequent on / offs and short spurts of ICE around the lots / transport has triggered it. Especially if it was used for test drives.

We've had it stay on for a week or so in cold weather in my wife's normal around-town driving if we don't get it out for a run.

#8 ·
On the bright side you’ll have a proper break-in done on the powertrain..

One item that we learned had an effect on FORM is where your van is makes a difference.

The van updates the time/date “from GPS”.. if your in the boonies or parking underground and your head unit is set to update time/date from GPS and there is no Satellites or data available at the time it seems to default to a timeline that sets off FORM.

Try disabling this feature.

#11 ·
@scmpj2000@Yahoo.com have you tried setting your clock to not use GPS?

No I have not.

Currently at the dealer. I asked to see if they can put new oil on the van. is possible that is the reason why it keep refreshing.

They are also going to do a quick check of the car.

What is the theory behind the GPS ?

#13 · (Edited)
forget about below half, owner's manual says let it get down to empty before refilling... but then again it also says put at least 4 gallons into it, i don't believe either is totally accurate, so go to empty (or it may be oil related so fuel wouldn't matter anyway):

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.