Picking mine up today. - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrettP

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Picking mine up today.

This is our 5th minivan. We thought we would try something different this time around and had narrowed things down to a Lexus RX350 or a Kia Sorento but then that darn Jim Gaffigan commercial started airing and, well, here we are ... minivan #5! Kids are now in college and we didn't technically need a minivan but we do still need a family "truck" on occasion and you just cannot beat a minivan for versatility. When I placed my factory order I was told 8-12 weeks but mine took about 5 weeks to Houston.

Pacifica Limited, Velvet Red, Black Alloy, SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, Trailer Tow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Can you post some pics please? What are your impressions of the red in person? Who did you end up ordering it from? Congratulations!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 11:12 AM

Congratulations on the purchase ! Really excited to hear what you think of it, especially after some good usage. But pictures would be ideal indeed

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 12:41 PM

i actually noticed a growing amount of those that were into the RX coming over to the pacifica which says a lot about what Chrysler was able to do. Being able to pull buyers from a long standing product like that is powerful.

did you at least get as far as test driving the RX?

- 2010 300C SRT8
- 2017 Chrylser Pacifica (late 2016 delivery)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 12:51 PM

Garage
Congratulations BrettP. I will be turning in my Lexus RX 350 at the end of the lease in two months and ordering a red Pacifica. As of right now I'm inclined towards the mocha interior but that is subject to change.
Let us know how you are enjoying it and what you think of the build quality.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I just brought it home so I'll get some pictures very soon. I am very happy with the red. I ordered mine from Ron Carter Chrysler in Alvin TX before any local Houston dealers had stock to go see, so my wife decided to play it safe and order the most prominent color we saw and liked in TV adds / brochures. Now the local dealers are beginning to get some stock and I think we would have been happy with many of the exterior colors we've see. I especially like the reflective quality of pearl paints.

I love the interior too but from a practical dirt hiding standpoint I wish they offered lighter carpet options in the Limited than just black. I have black on my Genesis Coupe and it really shows the dirt. I will say the black carpet looks good though.

I really like the stock Pacifica Limited wheels. We considered buying the upgraded wheels but decided that $995 was half way to the basic UConnect Theater option so did that instead and really like that decision now.

I did drive the Lexus RX-350 and loved everything about it except the size is smaller than what my wife is used to after four minivans (two Toyotas, Grand Voyager, Mazda MPV) and all our memories of big things we've hauled in them.

My first impressions of build quality is that I feel like I am sitting in a Lexus/Acura class vehicle. Everything is plush, fits well with no rattles. I think Chrysler engineers did a very good job here. If it turns out to be as reliable as it is gorgeous then I will consider it Lexus class for sure.
PacificCoast likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 12:33 PM

Congrats on the new Pacifica! If dirt is a concern, maybe you can look into floor mats but I'm not sure how that would affect the seat fold down feature.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page