Pick up mine tomorrow - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Pick up mine tomorrow

Picking up my Pacifica Limited tomorrow. Velvet Red with Mocha interior. 20 inch wheel option. No Theatre (No kids!).

This will be my fourth Chrysler mini-van, but quite a step-up from the Grand Caravan SE.

I am a bit concerned about not having a spare tire. There seems to be a Mopar part # for a spare wheel kit, so might look into that for longer trips. I do not fancy squirting goo into the valve by the side of I-75 at 2am.

Tony
PacificaAdmin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Banned

Just out of curiosity. Why minivan with no kids ?? I know it's merely a stereo-type but do you require that much space regularly ? That colour combination should look really darn good though, nice and classy

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniVinn View Post
Just out of curiosity. Why minivan with no kids ?? I know it's merely a stereo-type but do you require that much space regularly ? That colour combination should look really darn good though, nice and classy

Hi MiniVinn.
We are a couple of seniors with two grown-up kids and three grandchildren that we often carry about. We travel less than 15,000 km per year, so running costs are not an issue. We also have a cottage, and need to transport all manner of things, including the famous 4x8 sheet of plywood!
We just like the room that a van provides, nice high driving position, ease of entry, etc.
Great vehicles.

Tony

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redltd View Post
Hi MiniVinn.
We are a couple of seniors with two grown-up kids and three grandchildren that we often carry about. We travel less than 15,000 km per year, so running costs are not an issue. We also have a cottage, and need to transport all manner of things, including the famous 4x8 sheet of plywood!
We just like the room that a van provides, nice high driving position, ease of entry, etc.
Great vehicles.

Tony

This is it, just ready to drive off the lot. Very happy with the colour.

Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NewVan01.jpg (110.9 KB, 38 views)
PacificaAdmin likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 06:19 PM

I'm with Tony as to the 'why a minivan again, with no kids.' Our kids are all gone too (and no grand-kids on the horizon), but we like to take at least one cross-country drive per year (multi-weeks) and we bring our dog. During the trip, the stow-and-go seats are down, making things great for the dog... once we get to friends or family destinations the seats come back up and everyone gets in. Beyond that, the car rides like a champ, is uber-comfortable and, at our age, is extremely easy for us to get into and out of. That alone is more important than most other factors. Then you have the price - which, when you really compare against 'full size' sedans such as Toyota Avalon or Hyundai Azera is either equal to or even less than similar trim levels. And yes, I can put those venerable 4X8 sheets of plywood into my car, while those other car owners have to go rent a truck or ask a friend. And gas milage? So far, after a month, I am averaging over 25 mpg for 'around the town' driving (almost no freeway). I'm impressed. Great car for numerous reasons. Enjoy!

-David
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 11:30 PM

We got hooked on the utility of the minivan when we had young kids. A great weatherproof "truck" when seats are removed. Now our sons are in college and after looking at crossover SUVs (most seem so cramped!) we did it again. I've read that empty nesters are a huge segment of the current minivan market.

Brett
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 07:57 AM

As a part-time musician (drummer) who also owns/brings the sound-system & lights... a "luxury" minivan is the perfect blend of space and creature-comforts. No kids here, and I am perfectly FINE with the "soccer-mom" stigma that comes with the minivan class. Less "prying eyes" on my car when it looks inconspicuous.

I also got limo-tint from the middle-row all the way to the back (and on the top glass as well) so now it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to see what's inside - even if you cup your hands around your eyes pressing your face up against the glass.

+1 for minivans without kids.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2016, 08:13 AM

I'm a retired baby boomer without kids at home. We have grandkids and travel a lot. When we go to Arizona in winter, we carry a lot of stuff, and the Pacifica has the space and comfort for those long road trips. I think Chrysler needs to market to the baby boomer demographic. We've had ours for 6 weeks and love it! I'm a car guy who said I'd never drive a minivan. I was looking at crossovers and SUV's, but the Pacifica ended up as the best match for our needs.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-08-2016, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redltd View Post
Hi MiniVinn.
Great vehicles.

Tony
Ohh okay okay that sounds like a nice time ! That's great that this works so well for you guys though, but we of course can never forget the famous 4x8 sheets !

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
We got hooked on the utility of the minivan when we had young kids. A great weatherproof "truck" when seats are removed. Now our sons are in college and after looking at crossover SUVs (most seem so cramped!) we did it again. I've read that empty nesters are a huge segment of the current minivan market.

Brett
We puppy raise for Leader Dogs for the Blind in Detroit. Bringing a 8# puppy home to MO is a lot easier than taking a 70# puppy back, hence our order. I agree with your sentiments.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page