• 2 Post By axial_pro
  • 1 Post By gmo
  • 1 Post By cue003
  • 1 Post By Damoncaravanman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
After avoiding the inevitable...

...my wife and I have pulled the trigger on our first minivan.

With three kids, a dog, and an active lifestyle we understood the inevitability of the minivan stage of life but steadfastly clung to our Ford Flex until this past weekend when we ordered our Pacifica.

The Flex is a remarkable vehicle in most every regard: We like the styling, the ride quality is exceptional, the cabin deadly quiet, the technology/features are top shelf, and the performance is truly exhilarating (tuned for 400hp).

However, as big a box as it is, the Flex just wasn't enough.

We cross-shopped a bunch of things: Escalade ESV/Yukon XL, Volvo XC90, Mercedes GLS, Toyota Sienna, Honda Accord.

The all offered some pros and cons, but from a packaging and room perspective the minivan emerged as the only realistic option. It's incredible how space inefficient the big SUVs are - the massive Escalade offered less useable space than the Flex and cost $40k more with the same levels of equipment. The nicest interior of the bunch definitely goes to the Volvo.

All that said, the styling of the Pacifica is heads and shoulders above the existing minivan crowd and I don't hold high hopes for the redesigned Odyssey given Honda's recent styling exercises.

The tech and fit & finish of the Pacifica also won us over - it's packed with all the gadgets a geek could ask for. The ride was quite good and the kids all loved the space. From a dynamic perspective the Flex is, admittedly, more entertaining but that is secondary on our priority list right now.

We take delivery in a couple of months and I'm not at all ashamed to say that I am really excited to get our new van.

Ordered the Limited in the Billet Silver Metallic with deep mocha/black interior.

All the goodies: Tow, protection, safety packages, Harmon/Kardon sound, 20" wheels. Stoked!

Will post pics and thoughts after delivery. My only (mild) concern is the viability of FCA itself but these vehicles will be around a long time regardless of corporate ownership.

I've read through the forums already and the community is sure to grow with the certain popularity of this category defining vehicle.

Good job Chrysler!
BrettP and Damoncaravanman like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 11:30 PM
gmo

Congrats on your purchase! I was in the same boat - 3rd kid on the way and a large dog. I really wanted the Yukon XL, but it wasn't going to be as practical as a minivan.

My wife and I were anti-minivan... until we seen the Pacifica. It really is nicely designed inside and looks better than any of the current competition. We also ordered a Limited (White with Alloy) about a month ago now. Looking forward to it arriving as well!

Good luck!
BrettP likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial_pro View Post
...my wife and I have pulled the trigger on our first minivan.

With three kids, a dog, and an active lifestyle we understood the inevitability of the minivan stage of life but steadfastly clung to our Ford Flex until this past weekend when we ordered our Pacifica.

The Flex is a remarkable vehicle in most every regard: We like the styling, the ride quality is exceptional, the cabin deadly quiet, the technology/features are top shelf, and the performance is truly exhilarating (tuned for 400hp).

However, as big a box as it is, the Flex just wasn't enough.

We cross-shopped a bunch of things: Escalade ESV/Yukon XL, Volvo XC90, Mercedes GLS, Toyota Sienna, Honda Accord.

The all offered some pros and cons, but from a packaging and room perspective the minivan emerged as the only realistic option. It's incredible how space inefficient the big SUVs are - the massive Escalade offered less useable space than the Flex and cost $40k more with the same levels of equipment. The nicest interior of the bunch definitely goes to the Volvo.

All that said, the styling of the Pacifica is heads and shoulders above the existing minivan crowd and I don't hold high hopes for the redesigned Odyssey given Honda's recent styling exercises.

The tech and fit & finish of the Pacifica also won us over - it's packed with all the gadgets a geek could ask for. The ride was quite good and the kids all loved the space. From a dynamic perspective the Flex is, admittedly, more entertaining but that is secondary on our priority list right now.

We take delivery in a couple of months and I'm not at all ashamed to say that I am really excited to get our new van.

Ordered the Limited in the Billet Silver Metallic with deep mocha/black interior.

All the goodies: Tow, protection, safety packages, Harmon/Kardon sound, 20" wheels. Stoked!

Will post pics and thoughts after delivery. My only (mild) concern is the viability of FCA itself but these vehicles will be around a long time regardless of corporate ownership.

I've read through the forums already and the community is sure to grow with the certain popularity of this category defining vehicle.

Good job Chrysler!
Congrats!!!!! I am on my 30th Chrysler van, still have my first one (1985 Caravan LE) and I am about to order the new Pacifica Limited with every option deleting the vacuum and getting the spare tire! I am waiting on a dealer here that ordered 3 Pacificas in the 'TUSK WHITE' color befoe I order one, I want to make sure I am gonna like what I order and receive especially for the 47K I will drop for the van.

I would say if you are worried about reliability (the 3.6 is a very reliable engine) and you are planning to keep for some time you need to look into an extended warranty through CHRYSLER, but not the high price that the selling dealer sells for......what ever you spent on the extended warranty, cancel it, I guarantee you can get the exact one or even what I got (the bumper to bumper lifetime) for less than what you paid that dealer. Same exact from Chrysler. A few others on my facebook minivan group cancelled what they bought and bought through the dealer that sells them at wholesale. I bought two from them and I know several others. I called Chrysler and they said this dealer sells so many they sell them at wholesale price...... check it out..... if you want then ask your selling dealer to match the price and I bet they will. Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty - Save $$ Today

just ask a few in my Chrysler minivan groupas well.. I bought one for my 2014 (thinking I would keep it, I kept 12 months longer than people thought!) and I called and cancelled it and got 2400.00 back from the 2700.00 I spent for it, prorated as I know have 35K on my 2014. The Lifetime bumper to bumper for a 2017 Pacifica with 100 deductable is 2750.00, NOT BAD, especially when most dealers are gonna charge from 3400to 4500.00. So check it out, take it to your dealer and see if they will match the same price for the same exact warranty through Chrysler.

My facebook group will tell you it is worth it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Chryslerminivans/

Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty - Save $$ Today

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Damoncaravanman; 07-25-2016 at 12:51 AM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Damincaravanman: Stop spamming the group with these external links. You posted the same messages verbatim across ten different threads. I'm sure the forum has a policy about that.

We also don't all live in the US. There are places outside your borders, you know. The link provided only applies to American customers.

If these boards are clogged with spammers they won't exist for long.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 07:35 AM

Another congrats. Also great thread title... That is how we feel too. We are trying to wait a little longer to see what Honda does. We are strongly leaning to simply pulling the trigger on the Pacifica limited and not looking back. Our first choice is the billet with mocha and our 2nd choice is white with mocha.

Looking forward to your pics when your van arrives.
axial_pro likes this.

Last edited by cue003; 07-25-2016 at 07:44 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axial_pro View Post
Damincaravanman: Stop spamming the group with these external links. You posted the same messages verbatim across ten different threads. I'm sure the forum has a policy about that.

We also don't all live in the US. There are places outside your borders, you know. The link provided only applies to American customers.

If these boards are clogged with spammers they won't exist for long.
Not spamming, giving info to new owners or potential owners who might think to get a warranty.......I get nothing out of it, passing on the info........and if it is only for US , ok? And? The audience is for all over. Just like people will post from a euro country about something we can't get in the US, and so, I wouldn't complain.

Again, the info is to pass on to others and it is not advertising! I get nothing except help someone save a buck.
BrettP likes this.

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoncaravanman View Post
Not spamming, giving info to new owners or potential owners who might think to get a warranty.......I get nothing out of it, passing on the info........and if it is only for US , ok? And? The audience is for all over. Just like people will post from a euro country about something we can't get in the US, and so, I wouldn't complain.

Again, the info is to pass on to others and it is not advertising! I get nothing except help someone save a buck.
Well, in many forums, posting the same message in more than one thread is called "cross posting", and is considered as spam regardless of the content. It becomes even more suspect if it contains links, again, regardless of where they lead. I don't know what the rules are here, just that I doubt that it would be acceptable.

I'm sure you didn't know this or you wouldn't have cross posted as you did.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoncaravanman View Post

Fair enough. In most forums that would be enough to get you banned. The info is welcome if it is not something you are being paid to promote. But put it into a properly titled thread rather than thread jack every conversation on the board.

Joined your Facebook group. Thanks for the add.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page