New owner of a 2017 Touring - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By jaydee
  • 1 Post By lightrules

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

New owner of a 2017 Touring

I've been researching, thinking about this purchase since about June/July and finally pulled the trigger this past Saturday on a 2017 Pacifica Touring, with 8.4" screen and 8 seat configuration. It's the later build with ESS ($33,280 MSPR). Judging by carfax, it looks like it was delivered in July 2017, so it's a very recent build.

Thanks to a few different threads here, I discovered Falls City Motor pricing and drove 4 hours (each way) to Ohio and paid $25,833. Saved $4k from what I would have paid locally for the same thing. Also of note, I qualified for only base factory rebate (no military, no loyalty, no conquest, no lease-to-buy, ect). What I qualified for, seemed not to matter at FMC, it sounds like they sell for the same price to anyone and they keep whatever extra rebates you qualify for. So if you do qualify for a lot of these rebates, it probably doesn't make as much sense to drive that far. The only contingency was going through Chrysler Capital for financing, so we did that. They gave me a relatively (in my opinion) high interest rate of 5.8%. My credit score is well over 800. I was already planning on refinance in 4-5 months anyway, (my local credit union will do 2.9%), so the higher monthly rate is only temporary.

Overall a decent experience. I made all the arrangements in the week leading up to Saturday, so the car was cleaned and gassed when we got there and the paperwork was lined up. Still took a good 2-3 hours (it was a Saturday afternoon and they seemed fairly busy). The extended warranty was not mentioned to me at all over the phone and they pushed it when I got there. I told them we will probably put 6-8k miles per year on the car and plan on keeping it for a long time. They offered ~$1800 for 7 or 8 years (don't remember), 60,000 miles. I didn't have enough time to evaluate it, they didn't have in front of me what it covered, what it didn't cover, and I didn't know off-hand what everyone else was paying for what kind of coverage, so I declined (they seemed really surprised/dismayed when I did).

We drove home that night, and are happy with it so far. Definitely worth the long drive. Checked the FMC website today and it looks like I would have saved another $500 if I waited until this week (they have an identically equipped vehicle in a different color that was $25,833 and now $25,333), but obviously didn't know it at the time. Also the one we wanted might have been sold by now and last weekend was the only weekend that really worked for us, so it's ok.

I haven't posted much in the last couple months, but a big thanks to pacificaforums.com. I researched extensively here and would not have been as comfortable purchasing, had I not found this site.
CentralFla and Durango like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 01:50 PM

Garage
Hey congrats on the car. I am from so-Cal but heard about FMC on this forum. I then checked out their website and it seems like a Disneyland of Pacifica's. They have something like 110 2018's on their website. My local dealer shows 8 units.

Glad you got a deal you like, seems pretty good. And don't sweat that extra $500, you got the car and enjoy it.
Durango likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 02:04 PM

Congrats and welcome!

2017 Billet/Alloy Limited - UConnect Theater/Sound, 20 inch Wheels, Safety Tec

Previously:
2001 Ody EX
2004 Ody EX NAV
2006 Ody Touring RES NAV
2009 Ody Touring RES NAV
2011 Ody Elite
2014 Ody Elite

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 03:50 PM

Sweet deal. Those FMC folks are giving some great discounts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 04:59 PM

Great deal. Congratulations on your new car. Now please stop looking at FMC website. the prices will keep dropping anyway. Don?t fret over potentially lost money. You already saved it by getting car earlier and not having to rent another car for the duration.
Enjoy your car and post some pictures.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 10:26 PM

Call Tom Winkels of Hayes Jeep if you’re interested in the extended warranty. I think the 7-year was around 1300 from them (same MOPAR warranty) for forum members.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoli View Post
Call Tom Winkels of Hayes Jeep if you’re interested in the extended warranty. I think the 7-year was around 1300 from them (same MOPAR warranty) for forum members.
7-Year how many miles?
I got an extended warranty for 8 years 100000 miles for $1500. Is it worth?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page