when was my van made? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By SciTchr
  • 2 Post By Tuskwhite

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
when was my van made?

is there a way to find out when our van was made? i dont know why but i find stuff like that interesting

I wasn't raised to be a Mopar guy. Now i have 2. Go figure!!

2017 Tusk White Pearl Chrysler Pacifica Touring - Dec. 2016 Build.
2017 Granite Crystal Metallic Dodge Journey GT Blacktop Edition - Feb. 2017 Build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryman View Post
is there a way to find out when our van was made? i dont know why but i find stuff like that interesting
On my 2017, it is one of the stickers, either on the driver's doorframe or the door itself.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Yes, just inside the driver's door, there is a sticker that not only gives the month and year of manufacture but the actual date and hour. On the sticker you'll see "Date of Mfr" which gives month and year. Then on that same sticker lower right hand corner you'll see "MDH" (mo,day,hour). In my case it reads 121511, meaning December 15th, at 11AM. So the last two digits are the 24 hour military time, ie 08(8AM), 15(3PM), 23(11PM), etc.

<

2017 Pacifica Touring-L, Red Velvet/alloy seats,
8.4 Uconnect, Added NAV. Ordered Late Nov,
Built 12/15/16, 11:00AM - Took delivery 12/21/16
in Michigan
Previous Vans-06 T&C, 08 T&C, 11 T&C,
14 T&C

2008 Club Car (golf cart) used to get
around the community

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralFla View Post
Yes, just inside the driver's door, there is a sticker that not only gives the month and year of manufacture but the actual date and hour. On the sticker you'll see "Date of Mfr" which gives month and year. Then on that same sticker lower right hand corner you'll see "MDH" (mo,day,hour). In my case it reads 121511, meaning December 15th, at 11AM. So the last two digits are the 24 hour military time, ie 08(8AM), 15(3PM), 23(11PM), etc.

<

COOL thanks!!!

it appears mine was made dec 14 2016 @ 11pm

weird it sat on the dealer lot since i purchased it on dec 28 2017

over a year. wonder why?

2017 Granite Crystal Metallic Dodge Journey GT Blacktop Edition - Feb. 2017 Build.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
COOL thanks!!!
it appears mine was made dec 14 2016 @ 11pm
weird it sat on the dealer lot since i purchased it on dec 28 2017
over a year. wonder why?
I suspect many Pacifica buyers want the extra features of the Touring Plus or Limited or have a different color preference. As long as you are happy with the van, that's what matters. You got the better safety rating (9/2016 and later). It probably doesn't have electronic stop start that was added in January 2017 but that might be one less thing to worry about.

Your van is probably the same vintage as my van. My van has had software updates for the transmission, EGR valve recall (software only) and UConnect. These were all refinements. No stalling issues.

I wanted the roof rack so I went up to a Touring L. Since then I have read that is possible to install your own roof rack (the holes are pre drilled under the black plastic on the roof). There are threads about roof racks if you want to add one later.

If you have any problems, keep checking the forum or contact Chrysler Cares.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciTchr View Post
I suspect many Pacifica buyers want the extra features of the Touring Plus or Limited or have a different color preference. As long as you are happy with the van, that's what matters. You got the better safety rating (9/2016 and later). It probably doesn't have electronic stop start that was added in January 2017 but that might be one less thing to worry about.

Your van is probably the same vintage as my van. My van has had software updates for the transmission, EGR valve recall (software only) and UConnect. These were all refinements. No stalling issues.

I wanted the roof rack so I went up to a Touring L. Since then I have read that is possible to install your own roof rack (the holes are pre drilled under the black plastic on the roof). There are threads about roof racks if you want to add one later.

If you have any problems, keep checking the forum or contact Chrysler Cares.

thats a lot of fantastic info thank you! the roof rack thing especially is good news.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 01:08 AM

Quote:
thats a lot of fantastic info thank you! the roof rack thing especially is good news.
Here's a thread with info on the roof rack. Cross rails should store in the racks. Thread says LX, but info should apply for any Pacifica that doesn't have a roof rack already. I think you can click on the instruction sheet on the part page to see what is involved in case you want to try it yourself.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/...to_threadtools
bryman likes this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 10:06 AM

Great, now I know when mine was built.
I knew it was July 2017 but I didn't know the day nor the hour and now I do.
July 17, 2017 at 5PM

This is a great site, packed with info...thanx !
CentralFla and bryman like this.

2017 Limited Tuskwhite, built July 17, 2017, 5PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page