5Likes
  • 3 Post By Fastskiguy
  • 1 Post By Fastskiguy
  • 1 Post By Fastskiguy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I am a minivan driver

Have driven nice pickups since 2000 and a sporty Ford Focus ST for 18 months and.....I'm driving a G** D*** minivan! We don't even have kids!!

yeah and I'm LOVING IT!!

This summer I was having a grand time ripping up the local track with my Focus on track days and using the truck for stuff like dogs, bikes, and snowboards. I had always wanted to get to the track and found sporty driving to be something that I enjoyed tremendously. I think I had a bit of a knack for it too, I was allowed to go solo after just two 20 minute driving sessions with an instructor and was routinely pointed by by much faster cars (500+ HP cameros, an audi R8, and a hellcat Challenger to name a few). But it never went over very well at home. Between personal injury concerns and liability risks, my wife....well she tolerated it for awhile but 2 1/2 weeks ago laid down the law. No more track days! She was in a strong position as my co-workers, mechanic, parents, in-laws, and a buddy from high school all said the same thing. "This is not good for you"

So...being a happily married man and wanting to stay that way, track days became history. Glorious memories from my late 40's are all that remain. But at least we had that, right? Better to have driven and lost than never have driven at all (or something like that).

And I began to resent the Focus. All of that fun, confined to the roads and traffic. I just couldn't stand it. And then the truck got on my nerves too, all big and heavy and hard to park. Eventually I figured....why the **** not? Why not get a minivan? No the image isn't right, I'm a middle age dude clinging to my youth! But they're so darn functional for the activities I'm still enjoying (bikes, dogs, skiing/snowboarding/etc). My coworkers threatened to call in my man card if I did it but.....

One drive in the Pacifica and I was in love and some hard bargaining for a 2 for 1 trade plus a check from the dealer and I was rolling in my new minivan 3 days ago. The thing....what can I say, it drives really nicely, super comfortable, quiet, easy bluetooth, and a good stereo. And this is the base LX with only the wheel package and keysense! Drove 80 miles to and from golf (with the aforementioned high school friend) and bagged 31.4mpg. Pretty much on par with the focus!

Loving the forum! Glad to be here

Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_5284.jpg (47.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2336 (1).jpg (72.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg NVUS2543.jpg (47.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg NVUS0806.jpg (122.3 KB, 31 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
There will be more pictures.....clay barring this weekend!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2422.jpg (73.6 KB, 26 views)
PacificaAdmin likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
But it never went over very well at home. Between personal injury concerns and liability risks, my wife....well she tolerated it for awhile but 2 1/2 weeks ago laid down the law. No more track days! She was in a strong position as my co-workers, mechanic, parents, in-laws, and a buddy from high school all said the same thing. "This is not good for you"
My wife and I both stopped riding motorcycles after having kids. My wife even got in trouble with the neighbors for riding pregnant once. It was just around the neighborhood on a little Kawasaki 90 to cool down after mowing grass ... nothing over 10-15 mph but it made her famous in our subdivision. Haha.

Well, if you get nostalgic and happen to take the Pacifica to the track please post some pictures! I think the Pacifica may surprise a little in the straights but probably not so much in the twisties.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
Oil: Five quarts

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ha ha, I can't say I didn't think about it....cornering and acceleration is way better than expected and I'm sure I could do OK in the novice class with it. Except the local track says "no pickups or minivans" so there's that. Fortunately Driving fast is fun but driving a slow vehicle fast is where the skill is, right?
BrettP likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Clay barred and this is probably it...as good as she'll ever look. But she does look good!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Oops, let's add the pictures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_6165.jpg (51.2 KB, 31 views)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Poodle approved!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_6153.jpg (46.5 KB, 32 views)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 07:44 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Sweet Focus.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 12:56 PM

What a great introduction!!! Welcome to the "Pacifica Side"! Your Pacifica is beautiful, and your poodle will love all the space inside.
Is the color Dark Cordovan? That's the color I have. I love it, because it looks so different in different lights.

Enjoy!

Momzilla03

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
DarkCordovan with Cognac/Alloy/Toffee interior
SafetyTec, Uconnect Theater Pkg, 7 seats
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It's the granite but I agree the Cordovan looks great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page