Almost here... - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By BrettP
  • 1 Post By BrettP
  • 1 Post By irpilot

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Almost here...

Ordered my Velvet Red Limited Pacifica on 8/11 and my build sheet posted a few days ago so I figured it was probably time to finally register after weeks of lurking.

Originally wanted the Granite Crystal, but brought my 4 year old to the dealership and he told my wife he wanted red when she asked his color preference. We joked that if the car lasted long enough, it would probably be the vehicle he learned to drive in and take to college, but I was still set on Granite Crystal. After watching tons of YouTube videos and building the car on Chrysler's website dozens of times, the red grew on me and the order was placed. I'm sure the day I pick up the car, my son will say he wants white instead...

My main reason for buying the Pacifica was the easy tilt 2nd row seat. With three kids, having to take the car seat out of the 2nd row of the SUV so my oldest can hop in the 3rd row was a bit of work, and it would get worse once my youngest moves up from her infant car seat.

So here I am, eagerly awaiting my first minivan, barely a year after mocking several friends for buying Honda Odysseys. Definitely did not see myself driving a minivan, ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 07:17 AM

Congrats!!!!!

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Picked up the vehicle yesterday. I probably should have waited until Monday or Tuesday because by the time all the paperwork was done, it was a bit dark and rainy. Not really ideal conditions to be driving a new car home, but I couldn't wait lol.

The car drives great and handled pretty well in the rain. Only issue I had was I couldn't get the DVD audio to play through the car speakers. I haven't set up the headphones and remotes yet for the Uconnect system, so my son couldn't get audio for the movie we put on for him. Radio and Navigation worked well though, so I'll give the dealer a call some time this week to see if maybe there's a loose wire or something needs resetting.

Definitely love the vehicle so far.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanN00b View Post
Only issue I had was I couldn't get the DVD audio to play through the car speaker.
Congratulations on your new toy.

If you play a DVD or a music CD the sound goes to headphones by default. Navigate around in the main UConnect dashboard screen looking for a "Listen In" button to make it play on speakers.
MinivanN00b likes this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
Oil: Five quarts
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettP View Post
Congratulations on your new toy.

If you play a DVD or a music CD the sound goes to headphones by default. Navigate around in the main UConnect dashboard screen looking for a "Listen In" button to make it play on speakers.
Thanks. I'll look into that. Tried various menus but it was late, dark and rainy, so I gave up and just listened to the radio.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 03:50 PM

You'll have to drill down to find it.

Media -> UConnect Theater -> Press To Enter (either side) -> Listen In

Enjoy!
MinivanN00b likes this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
Oil: Five quarts

Last edited by BrettP; 10-09-2016 at 03:53 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanN00b View Post
Picked up the vehicle yesterday. I probably should have waited until Monday or Tuesday because by the time all the paperwork was done, it was a bit dark and rainy. Not really ideal conditions to be driving a new car home, but I couldn't wait lol.

The car drives great and handled pretty well in the rain. Only issue I had was I couldn't get the DVD audio to play through the car speakers. I haven't set up the headphones and remotes yet for the Uconnect system, so my son couldn't get audio for the movie we put on for him. Radio and Navigation worked well though, so I'll give the dealer a call some time this week to see if maybe there's a loose wire or something needs resetting.

Definitely love the vehicle so far.

Congratulations on your new Pacifica and welcome to the forums. We've got a bunch of good folks on here that have a wealth of info. Especially that BrettP fella. 😀
BrettP likes this.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page