• 2 Post By lightrules
  • 2 Post By TomB985
  • 2 Post By Longtimemopar
  • 5 Post By TomB985

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

"Brand new" 2017 gas L+ with 57k

I love this van.

Chrysler was on me and my wife's "nono" list whilst car shopping for a 3 row CUV, simply because of the brand history. We drove a Pacifica, just cause they were so dam sexy, after driving just about every other 3 row vehicle (and the salesman insisted based one our 2 kid and huge-ass dog family). This was the same day I got my jollies in the much hyped Mazda CX9.

Later that night, in hushed an embarrassed tones, me and my wife admitted our newfound enamoring with the Pacifica. Sexy, utilitarian, powerful, quiet, FUN TO DRIVE - it met every checkmark on our shopping list. One week later we had one - a certified L+ with towing, safety, premium sound, nav, leather, and 8th passenger velvet red. I am still high as a kite.

We rarely see this model, let alone with this mileage in our market and so we jumped on a crazy deal. It did not come with floor mats so I have since added the cocoa WeatherTech laser fit 1-2 row mats. The UConnect, ride quality and cabin comfort, features, and adaptive cruise blow me away every day. Pretty much every in-law, even those with Lexus SUVs, are appropriately jelly. If this thing can last 15-20 years I will sing Chrysler's praises til the day I die
CentralFla and Bond007 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 04:51 PM

Garage
Hey welcome. Funny we too test drove the new CX9 and actually loved it. That turbo-4 is quite peppy :-) But boy that 3rd row isn't fun with 4 kids LOL. Can't beat sliding doors and sexy looks to boot (on the Pac).

All that said, we went with the Pac TL+ "S" and l-o-v-e it. Congrats and enjoy!

2018 Touring L Plus - Granite Crystal Metallic / "S" Appearance / Black & Light Diesel Gray / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced Safety Tech / Tri-Panoramic Sunroof / Uconnect Theater / 20 Speaker Harman Kardon / Hands-Free Doors / 3D MAXpider Mats / HID+LED Conversion / Rayno Phantom S9 Nano-Ceramic Tint / Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam / Thule Motion XXL Roof Box / Lifetime Max Care Warranty / Tire & Wheel Warranty
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 04:43 PM

I converted my ex-wife in similar fashion. I've been a lifelong minivan fan, but there was a time she wouldn't bury her worst enemy in a minivan. We went out test driving everything under the sun with a 3rd row, and NOTHING compared to the interior usability of a van. The Pacifica has a bigger interior than a Suburban.

If you don't need AWD or serious towing capability, there is no comparison.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 06:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshiner View Post
I love this van.

Chrysler was on me and my wife's "nono" list whilst car shopping for a 3 row CUV, simply because of the brand history. We drove a Pacifica, just cause they were so dam sexy, after driving just about every other 3 row vehicle (and the salesman insisted based one our 2 kid and huge-ass dog family). This was the same day I got my jollies in the much hyped Mazda CX9.

Later that night, in hushed an embarrassed tones, me and my wife admitted our newfound enamoring with the Pacifica. Sexy, utilitarian, powerful, quiet, FUN TO DRIVE - it met every checkmark on our shopping list. One week later we had one - a certified L+ with towing, safety, premium sound, nav, leather, and 8th passenger velvet red. I am still high as a kite.

We rarely see this model, let alone with this mileage in our market and so we jumped on a crazy deal. It did not come with floor mats so I have since added the cocoa WeatherTech laser fit 1-2 row mats. The UConnect, ride quality and cabin comfort, features, and adaptive cruise blow me away every day. Pretty much every in-law, even those with Lexus SUVs, are appropriately jelly. If this thing can last 15-20 years I will sing Chrysler's praises til the day I die
Did you get an extended warranty?......I'm just sayin'......
Bond007 and citanic like this.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 06:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
Did you get an extended warranty?......I'm just sayin'......
Very important point because 57k in one year is a lot. I don't buy a used car unless it has less than 12K per year and less than 30k total. Those are my rules. On top of that an Extended Warranty.

Anyway, Congratulations!

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Safety Package is the way to Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

March 2018< 2018 Pacifica Touring L +
2010 - 2018 - Prius III
2008 - 2010 - Honda Fit
Before 2008 - Hyundai Tucson, Sonata, Elantra, Mercury Mystique, Toyota Corolla.

Last edited by citanic; 05-14-2018 at 07:01 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I love this van.
One week later we had one - a certified L+ with towing, safety, premium sound, nav, leather, and 8th passenger velvet red. I am still high as a kite.
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you like the van at that mileage. I'm up to about 23,000 now. You can put the van info in the signature line of the UserCP and it will always show up. The build date (if you are curious) is on the edge of the driver's door. Some of the 2017s were built in 2016.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citanic View Post
Very important point because 57k in one year is a lot. I don't buy a used car unless it has less than 12K per year and less than 30k total. Those are my rules. On top of that an Extended Warranty.
Nothing wrong with a low-mileage vehicle, but I disagree that it's a bad thing.

That many miles in one year means they're almost certainly highway miles. The OP would have paid substantially less for a van with that many miles, but it's likely sustained less wear than a car that accumulates that many miles over several years. I bought mine used as well, and have had great luck with late-model used cars in the past.

Not everyone can afford a brand-new car, and lots of us don't want to take that kind of depreciation hit.
SciTchr, Bond007, seo68 and 2 others like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I love this van.

How good of a deal did you get with that many miles?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page