Guys vs Girls - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
View Poll Results: Who is the primary driver of your Pacifica?
Guys 63 71.59%
Girls 25 28.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 11:26 PM

Our van replaced my daily driver - a 2001 Honda Civic. Only reason we wanted something new was it was so tiny and we had a baby. It was a great little car nothing wrong with it or anything. Anyways I offered the van to my wife because it had all the creature comforts and nicer than her 2013 Jeep Patriot. She like riding in it but doesn’t ever want to drive it

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 12:03 PM

Garage
I'm a man and I drove an Odyssey since 10 years, I just wait my new 2019 Pacifica. I really love the space and comfort of a minivan. I can go to Lowes and pickup a lot of 2X4 or plywood sheet without problem! And as it's an hybrid, i'll more than proud to "protect the planet"!

2019 Black Touring-L Hybrid Pacifica S
Alpine 13 speakers system
Verde V10 Influx with Nexen N Priz RH7a (summer)
Stock black Noise 18'' wheel Studded Gislaved Nordfrost 200 (winter)

post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 09:14 AM

I’m a divorced father of two, but my kids primarily live with their mom. I bought my van for the interior flexibility, towing capacity, and gas mileage.

I can fit my boy in something much smaller, but these things can haul stuff that would otherwise take a full-sized truck or SUV...all while getting 27-28 MPG on the highway. I love my van.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2019 Tesla Model 3

Former: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 12:03 PM

I am female with no human kids. Have a big fur-baby though. I am the primary driver and LOVE minivans since the time my sister had one many years ago (she has 5 kids). I've always loved the versatility and comfort. Long trips are a pleasure. I use mine to transport the dog and to tow my pop-up camper. Purchased my first Pacifica this past Labor Day and am so happy with it. Always liked the Stow 'n Go seats idea.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 03:21 PM

If you were to ask me last year if I would ever own a minivan I would of never believed I do now. When I first seen the Pacifica S at the auto show I fell in love. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. I traded in my 4th gen ram 1500 crew for the pacifica. I mostly drive it. My wife drives a wrangler jku.

18’ Limited S
Towing pkg
Utheater
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 03:58 PM

My wife has never driven our minivan and has no desire to. I was the one that insisted on getting the minivan in the first place and so far I'm the only one to drive it.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ext: Granite / Int: Alloy
Tri-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Advanced Safety Tech Group
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 08:05 AM

Bought this for wife, as I did for her previous four Chrysler minivans over the years. I'm the designated driver when we go on trips. I'm also the road manager when we take our two golden retrievers to various agility and scent work competitions. Love Sto 'n Go. The kennels fit perfect just behind the front seats. The rest of the gear (two extra kennels for hotels, E-Z Up tent, tent leg weights, shade cloth, dog food, suit cases, water, towels, etc) fits in back. I also take care of maintenance. But, yeah, make no mistake about it, this is my wife's vehicle! Compared to the previous generations, she absolutely loves this one. And, uh, so do I ...
Longtimemopar likes this.

2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus (gas)
Built April 10, 2018 (Tuesday)
Molten silver exterior
Toffee cognac alloy interior (gray carpeting)
Advanced Safety Tech
18" tire/wheel group (Michelin Premier tires)
Spare tire kit w/tire, sealer and inflator
Mopar Lifetime warranty

Mods:
Lumar AIR 80 front side window tint.
Maxpider Kagu front mats (with thanks to thread started by Chase023 in Accessories and Add Ons forum).
Alla 7443 LED brake/turn signal bulbs (with thanks to Josef15111 sticky in Electronics forum).
iJDMTOY Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED front turn signal bulbs (credit same Josef15111 sticky).
JDM ASTAR 1200 lumens LED backup bulbs (with thanks to KorbenD in LED Replacement Lights topic of Electronics subforum).
Catizon H11 LEDs CREE for fogs (with thanks to Stop-Eject in LED Replacement Lights topic; and for his instructions).
VLED Micro LED 9011 low-beams (with thanks to Fast55 for advice on beam pattern)
Viofo A119S dash cam (have A118 on my 4Runner)
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 11:26 AM

funny, I used to sell cars. Minivans are for LOSERS. Fast forward to 2018.. SUV (which to me are really glorified station wagons) I wasn't looking for anything BUT SUV.

I was at the Honda dealer ship was looking at Pilot Elite but while waiting for salesperson to drive the Pilot they had an Odyssey in the showroom, so I thought.. well let's just look at how much of a loser car this is..

ooh, it's actually nice.. WOW Minivans come a LONG way ..

So anyway drove the Pilot not impressed.. no stop and go ACC, missing features, sluggish drive.. boring.

Drove MANY vehicles.. pretty much every car in the SUV (even trucks) and 55K or less price range I test drove. I purposely avoided Chrysler and Toyota because they SUCK!

Anyway I was looking at comparing the Pilot with Odyssey in cargo room, was having some fun proving to my wife that SUV have just as much space.. (boy was I wrong) and this ad pops up.

'Chrysler Pacifica - best in class minivan'. I was like minivan.. oh..no.. but then I thought wait, surely someone is doing some good drugs to believe CHRYSLER can make a better minivan than Honda.. seriously.. this must be a joke.

OK so I am looking, now I am on Edmunds, car and driver, USA Today, lots of reviews (I did a LOT of research before I purchased) and they rated the Pacifica like 8.1 ~ 8.5. mind you these SAME sites are giving VW like 7's, and Jeeps 6's and honda Pilot (which is the 3rd highest rated SUV) 7.5.. so I am like wow Pacifica must be pretty good if they are this strict on other vehicles.. maybe I should LOOK.. ok JUST look and see what this Pacifica is all about.

I drove a Highlander.. no thanks flaws too many to mention.. and it was #1 rated.. so now that system of rating seems even more of a joke.

I pull up to Chrysler Dealership.. not even a Pacifica in the showroom. right then I am like yeah too good to be true, but while I am here.. let's just SEE.

I ask the salesperson can I look at a Pacifica. Sure! Pacifica Limited 'S' Package with 20" Silver

First thing Stow n Go.. awesome. Seats fold not only FLAT but even with the floor.. ok nice.

Second thing (I always test the back seat FIRST for comfort its my thing) I get all way in the back to prove it's horrible (because did I mention Chrysler SUCKS!). I get in the back seat

It's leather, nice, quite comfy.. well ok not bad.. then the salesperson says 'here let me show you this'. I wait all of a sudden seat reclines.

WAIT WHAT?!?!? Back seat is comfy AND reclines electronically.. oh yeah, just let me test drive from back here..

Then salesperson says well wait go up front check it out.

Third thing storage compartments for days, AND to top it ALL off NO SHIFT LEVER in center console! Woohoo!

Ok now Chrysler goes from SUCK to.. ok well it's better than walking.

then he remotes starts.. it's QUIET.. I get in.. didn't notice the Pano sunroof.. salesperson opens it.. WOAH! sweet.. Then salesperson says yeah but you notice the moonroof in the back.. yeah it's a Pano.. I get it it should go all the way back. NO, it has a SEPARATE moon roof! What get out!

No really get out.. he says.. I go look and there it is!

Fourth thing test drive. We are like 50' feet from the parking space and I immediately notice my wife notices and my 9 year old says.. wow it's quiet.. like you can FEEL the quality.. Then it's smooth to drive..

I step on the pedal.. without trying doing 50 out of the parking lot.. HOLY $%$! Batman.. this is actually pretty good..

Ok so now we are moving up from better than walking to I still don't want my friends seeing me in a Minivan!

Fifth features.. lumbar in driver seat in and out AND up and down.. ok.. ok.. Chrysler.. you can stop now I get it.. you have done well and redesigned vehicles.. ok. But Uconnect I can move icons! WHAT?! And navigation is great, talk to vehicle.. and I can stop and go with ACC..

hmm.. Um.. honey! This is actually nice.. she just smiles and says 'it's a minivan remember?'. Oh yeah (cough!).

So I drive, everything is awesome about this vehicle, ride, handling, smoothness, quiet, features.. list goes on and one.. and then on the way home I am thinking collapse mirror that's an upgrade.. only on higher end models, leather is really nice. I have my console center space back, flat floor, ride is comfy, and NO BLIND SPOTS. NONE. First car ever seen that I can look around.. and seriously see behind in front, shoulder.. it's like a karma intervention..

Go look at everything else and then look at the Pacifica.. you will NOT be dissapointed.

3 hours later I am the proud owner of a 2018 Pacifica Limited 'S' Silver with every feature except wireless charging and upgrade Harmon Kardon (have to wait to order -- uh no -- me wanty. NOW!!!).

Couldn't be happier.

-ring- Hey Eddie.. lets go for a ride.. yeah be there in a minute...

Eddie: Dude it's a minivan!..

Me: yeah watch this.. Stow n Go.. blah blah blah..

2 hours later he wants to drive and tell his wife he needs to get one.. Yeah, Minivans are cool now..
Bond007, GoWFO, TomB985 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by rparker06; 10-12-2018 at 11:31 AM.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 01:35 PM

When I told my wife I was buying this, she looked at me as if I was going into a bit or something. My friends say they like it but perhaps they've talked amongst themselves. I'm 56 and we have no children but there is my dog, say nothing of the versatility of this thing- I just like everything about it. Ok, I wish there was a driver side grab handle but in two months of ownership, if that's my only gripe....
TomB985 and craig like this.

2019 Pacifica - Billet Silver/Diesel/ Limited/Gas/20"wheels/Harmon/AST/Theater/Interior Protection Pkg/Splash Guards/Large Smile- Ordered on 11/13/18, Built on 11/26/18, Delivered on 12/14/18. Added Xpel Prime XR Plus window film <25percent all glass, 70 percent windshield - 12/17/18... Added Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF- entire front end including lights - 01/07/19...
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 02:02 PM

Garage
I'm the primary driver as I have been for the four Town and Country's that we have owned. I also have a six-pound Yorkie; little dog with a big attitude, LOL. I am able to enjoy my pup and my vans as I do not need my car or dog to boost my masculinity.
TomB985 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page