Guys vs Girls - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
View Poll Results: Who is the primary driver of your Pacifica?
Guys 63 71.59%
Girls 25 28.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:39 AM

Garage
I have been the primary driver so far, but since a new charging station was just installed at my wife's office building, I think she may get priority for the daily commute since she could get there on battery power and recharge during the day to get home on battery power. As a 6'+ tall guy, it really just fits me better than most typical sedans and my back has been much more comfortable since driving it.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Jazz Blue
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:49 AM

I had a reverse age crises. I went from a Harley to a Mercedes convertible to a Pacifica. My wife drives an Audi A6 but we usually take the Pacifica.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
I had a reverse age crises. I went from a Harley to a Mercedes convertible to a Pacifica. My wife drives an Audi A6 but we usually take the Pacifica.
That's funny, I've gone in a similar direction. I've had diesel pickups, SUVs, and Mustangs, but at 33 years old I am happier with my van then I was with any of them. I am a dad, but I only have my boys every other weekend, and I chose my van for the convenience for all my daily tasks. It's also nice to embarrass the pickup owners at the lumber yard who often have to use a red flag the end of an 8' piece of material that I can easily slide into my van. Last year it swallowed some 10' gutter sections.

SciTchr and Mrke1 like this.

2019 Tesla Model 3

Former: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:10 AM

I know this topic was started quite some time ago, but as an observation the title "Guys vs Girls" would have read better as "Guys vs Gals" or "Men vs Women".

"Girls" is the word equivalent to "boys", which isn't offensive in itself, but when paired with a descriptor with a higher level of meaning (such as "guys"), it comes across as disrespectful and dismissive in use.

Most of this style of usage is just by habit since "girls" used to be commonly used to refer to any group of women, but it's been out of style for quite some time now and can be considered sexist, even if that isn't the intent. So, enough with the language and HR lesson...if you read all the way to the end here, thanks!

Back to the topic at hand, I also had a reverse aging process. I went from motorcycles, to turbocharged and otherwise heavily modified streetcars, to trackable miatas, to the humble minivan. My kids are in college, but the van is just so darn versatile (and comfortable!) that if I got something else a bit more stylish or sporty, I'd regret it with every piece of furniture I wanted to buy and every trip to the hardware store (and every trip to the Vet!)

2018 Touring L Plus | Copper Pearl | S Pkg
Advanced Safety Tec / Hands-Free Doors / Towing / Keysense
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:18 AM

I drive my PacHy daily as the mileage, comfort and utility is second to none . Then on the weekend , if I choose to do so, I open one of the garage doors and pull out the viper T/A 2.0... I wouldn't have it any other way .
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANADAHYBRIDGUY View Post
...I open one of the garage doors and pull out the viper T/A 2.0... I wouldn't have it any other way .
Nice. Pics?

2018 Touring L Plus | Copper Pearl | S Pkg
Advanced Safety Tec / Hands-Free Doors / Towing / Keysense
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANADAHYBRIDGUY View Post
I drive my PacHy daily as the mileage, comfort and utility is second to none . Then on the weekend , if I choose to do so, I open one of the garage doors and pull out the viper T/A 2.0... I wouldn't have it any other way .
Useless trivia question: which has a lower drag coefficient, the Pacifica or the Viper?

2019 Hybrid Limited Dirty Black, S Package, Advanced Safetytec, NO SUNROOF
☞ manufactured Weds 11/07/18 at 6PM, overcast, 37į, cafeteria had special on lasagna
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 01:28 PM

My wife drives a 200 hardtop convertible, and my daily drivers for the last eighteen years have all been Dodge or Chrysler minivans.

She likes flaunting her femininity in the convertible, but I'm far too old to need or want a cool image at the grocery store. I want convenience and comfort.

When I want to reminisce I drive my '64 Valiant convertible, or my restored '73 D100, and they will soon be joined by a '56 Plymouth when I choose to go way back in time!
In the meantime, I wouldn't trade my '14 T&C for anything except a new Pacifica.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 07:06 PM

Yeesh, you guys are making me feel old.

I'm 33 years old, and my other car is an '06 Prius. I'm a sucker for efficiency, and I drive 25K/year. I save a bunch in depreciation by piling miles on the old Toyota and driving the van less. My Prius came with a set of snow tires as well, which makes it much better in the snow than the Pacifica.

2019 Tesla Model 3

Former: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 12:06 PM

This topic, interestingly, was addressed in Driven's recent review of the Pacifica Hybrid:

Starts at 10:15.

Most men don't care about stigma of minivans, it's mostly women that do. It's been proven by the replies in this thread. This also fits with observations; If I see a Pacifica in the wild, 8/10 it's driven by a man.

A Pacifica isn't going to make the rival soccer moms in the neighborhood jealous like that new Acura MDX. The funny part is, most people I know under 25 now consider a crossover SUV to be the soccer mom-mobile.

Me: 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring Reserve
Mother: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring
Father: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring

Last edited by TechZeke; 01-28-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page