Touring Plus and extended Warranty questions - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Touring Plus and extended Warranty questions

Hi all,

I'm contemplating on buying a 2018 Touring Plus Pacifica. Any inputs on this model?

Then, I'm curious about the extended warranty stuff? Is it worth buying/negotiating? My dealer offered 5 year of 60k power train and 3 year or 36k basic limited warranty.

What kind of warranties would you recommend in addition to the above?

Will really appreciate any inputs on this.

Thanks a lot folks.
YN

Last edited by [email protected]; 09-28-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Added a thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 07:50 PM

I believe thats the standard warranty the van already comes with, if they are offering it to you they already sound like they are taking advantage of you. If your going to buy a warranty don't buy anything other then the Chrysler factory extended warranties. The 3rd party warranties are junk and the dealers only sell them because they get commission. I bet they'll be surprised when you ask about the Chrysler factory extended warranties. There are different levels - I chose the lifetime warranty. I recommend researching the chrysler factory extended warranties.

As for the touring model I couldn't tell you. we ordered a limited with all the bells and whistles and with a lifetime warranty. I love it much better than having a truck. I drive the van - my wife drives the jeep.

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi all,

I'm contemplating on buying a 2018 Touring Plus Pacifica. Any inputs on this model?
Then, I'm curious about the extended warranty stuff? Is it worth buying/negotiating? My dealer offered 5 year of 60k power train and 3 year or 36k basic limited warranty.
What kind of warranties would you recommend in addition to the above?
Will really appreciate any inputs on this.
Thanks a lot folks.
YN
Welcome to the forum.

It looks like a Touring Plus is a nice compromise for those who want a van without all the extras but still has power doors and some other nice features. It just depends on your preferences and needs/wants.
https://www.chrysler.com/compare/qui...Code=CUC201805

If you want an overhead DVD player (that has other ports too), it would be much easier to have it already installed than to buy it and install it later from what I've seen of the instructions online. Some people think that having an overhead player works better than two seatback screens when there are people in the third row who would like to see the video also.

I wanted an installed roof rack and had to get a Touring L at the time I bought my van to get that feature. I have seen since then that the roof rack can be purchased from Mopar for a few hundred dollars and installed later. The roof holes are pre-drilled and covered with a rubber strip than can be removed to install the rack.

There are many posts about warranties if you use the forum search feature. Whether to buy an extended warranty depends on how long you plan to keep the van, your preference, and budget. I bought a Mopar extended warranty from Zeigler online that was recommended by @Damoncaravanman since there are so many electronic things on the van and we tend to keep our vehicles a long time.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Last edited by SciTchr; 09-29-2018 at 01:33 AM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. In fact, I'm in the showroom and about to take the car out. No, they did not offer that warranty for extra price. They offered a life time for almost 4k but I rejected it. The warranty that it comes with should be good i think.

I'll see if I want to sign up for an extended warranty later.

Somehow I like this car. Getting the dark cordovan. I was sold onto this model after looking around Honda and Toyota. Some people pointed out that Toyotas are very reliable but the Chryslers seemed to have improved in recent years.

Let's see how this goes. My first minivan for our growing family! A bi overwhelmed and excited.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 03:57 PM

Garage
If you plan on keeping the van after factory warranty expires, its worthwhile getting the Mopar extended warranty. Chances are, your dealer will not be able to compete with some of the online prices available for these. I bought a used 2017 Limited with all the safety tec and other packages. I had 2 years left on electronics warranty (original 3 year 36,000) and decided that the $1250 I paid for another 7 years covering pretty much everything...was just cheap insurance !

There are many plans and deductibles available and you do not need to decide for a couple of years or so (bearing in mind, prices will no doubt go up). I got mine from Chrysler warranty direct and they were very easy to deal with and slightly cheaper for the same plan than Zeiglers.

https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.c...onfirm_order/#

2017 Bright white Limited
Black/alloy, advanced safety pack,
U-connect theater. Tri-pane roof. Verde Invictus 22"
Quite a few custom modifications and lots more to come .
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 04:15 PM

Garage
We have a 2018 Touring Plus S model. Have about 10K miles on it and I just love it. We have the overhead DVD at no extra charge because of upgrading to the 20" wheels. Love the cloth seats and not burning my legs on the hot leather here in Florida! The Plus gave us all the features we wanted without a bunch we didn't. Good luck!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Ive been seeing people having battery problems. Did you have any issues with battery? Hope they fixed it for 2018 models.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 04:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Ive been seeing people having battery problems. Did you have any issues with battery? Hope they fixed it for 2018 models.
Zero battery problems. Only time it was in for service was for 2 recalls. Pacifica has been virtually flawless. Sirius XM has been the only disappointment.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 08:46 PM

We ended up getting the Touring L +. If you can swing it, this model has all sorts of goodies at a decent value. Highly recommend getting the Advanced Safety Tech package. The Limited, of course, has the most features, but there are some things that it comes with that we did not want, including power third row power folding seats and the fact that it is only available with black carpeting. It does, however, come with HID headlights and memory driver's seat, very desirable features not available on any of the lessor models.

2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus (gas)
Built April 10, 2018 (Tuesday)
Molten silver exterior
Toffee cognac alloy interior (gray carpeting)
Advanced Safety Tech
18" tire/wheel group (Michelin Premier tires)
Spare tire kit w/tire, sealer and inflator
Mopar Lifetime warranty

Mods:
Lumar AIR 80 front side window tint.
Maxpider Kagu front mats (with thanks to thread started by Chase023 in Accessories and Add Ons forum).
Alla 7443 LED brake/turn signal bulbs (with thanks to Josef15111 sticky in Electronics forum).
iJDMTOY Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED front turn signal bulbs (credit same Josef15111 sticky).
JDM ASTAR 1200 lumens LED backup bulbs (with thanks to KorbenD in LED Replacement Lights topic of Electronics subforum).
Catizon H11 LEDs CREE for fogs (with thanks to Stop-Eject in LED Replacement Lights topic; and for his instructions).
VLED Micro LED 9011 low-beams (with thanks to Fast55 for advice on beam pattern)
Viofo A119S dash cam (have A118 on my 4Runner)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I'm having some uconnect issues. At the dealership during the showing, the sales guy's cell phone carplay connected ok. Once, purchase was done and I was about to take it out, my android couldn't connect and neither any of the apples also at the dealership.

I came home, my wife's android connects once but I try again, it doesn't. My phone doesn't either.

It appears functional but I guess am missing something.

Any inputs on this? I'll perhaps post a separate thread.

Tags
2018 touring plus , extended warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page