Fairly new owner here - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Fairly new owner here

Just registered here but have had our Pacifica for over two months. We got a dark gray Limited with the off-white interior. Fully loaded with everything but the tow pkg. Don't need that since I also have a Dodge Ram Diesel Truck.
My family loves everything about this van from the panoramic roof to the headrest monitors the kids can play on. Had a couple issues a week after we got it but Chrysler took care of them promptly. One was big air bubbles under the leather dash top which required replacing the whole thing. The other was a bad backup camera which caused the tech at the dealership to get the Chrysler engineers involved because they couldn't figure it out. Other than that we have been trouble free. There so many cool features with thing. It's awesome!
Two things I don't particularly care for are that the rear sunroof does not open. I am hoping that one day we will be able to pay and have that retrofitted once they decide that it should open instead of being just a piece of glass to look out.
The other is that if you get the onboard vacuum then you no longer get a spare tire. Instead you get a tire inflator kit and just hope to God that it works if you get a flat. Otherwise you are getting towed!
If you are on the fence about getting one of these just do it......🤓
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums. Our vans are twins! Congratulations on your van even though you've had it longer than I have. We love ours as well.

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome! Did you take any pictures of the air bubbles under the dash? I'm curious to see what that looked like.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

I did not. Just looked like big air pockets a few inches around and in a couple different places. Looked like I could have taken a pin and pierced them and just pressed down on it. Chrysler chose to just replace it though.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 02:59 PM

Sounds like the overall process of getting them to replace it was easy, if that was the case at least you know you have a good dealer. Hear way too many stories these days about dealers that don't take enough action when they should be or just prolong even getting to the issue.

- 2010 300C SRT8
- 2017 Chrylser Pacifica (late 2016 delivery)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Banned

Welcome to the forums and I'm glad the little hiccups haven't caused any regrets on getting the Pacifica !

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

We do have a good dealership to work with and it is not even the one we bought the van from.
We had a good experience with the dealer we bought from too. One issue I just recently discovered was that when I purchased an extended warranty they failed to mention that it was not from Chrysler! I am very unhappy about that as I have always had good experiences dealing with factory warranties. Thinking about cancelling it and buying direct from Chrysler now. It costs more but I feel better about it...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla04 View Post
Thinking about cancelling it and buying direct from Chrysler now. It costs more but I feel better about it...
Check the prices from Zeigler. It may not even cost more.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla04 View Post
We do have a good dealership to work with and it is not even the one we bought the van from.
We had a good experience with the dealer we bought from too. One issue I just recently discovered was that when I purchased an extended warranty they failed to mention that it was not from Chrysler! I am very unhappy about that as I have always had good experiences dealing with factory warranties. Thinking about cancelling it and buying direct from Chrysler now. It costs more but I feel better about it...
Look through the extended warranty thread. There is a member (Damon) that got a discount everyone can use. You can get a lifetime warranty with 100 deductible for less than $2600.00.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/...-warranty.html

2017 PACIFICA LIMITED GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC, BLACK ALLOY, SAFETY TEC, UCONNECT THEATER/SOUND, 20" WHEELS. DELIVERED 09/12/16.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in