Pacifica beat out the Odyssey, and loving it (mostly) - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrettP

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Pacifica beat out the Odyssey, and loving it (mostly)

Hey all,

Just thought I would introduce myself here before heading off to post about some teething issues.

I picked up my factory ordered Pacifica Limited on Friday, and generally the wife, kids and I all love it. With a new addition to the family in September we had pretty much only two choices in a van style and the Pacifica was head and shoulders above the competition. Our old faithful SUV was retired and swapped for something that hopefully won't need a fuel stop every few days.

I've not put that many kilometres (yup, rural Canada here) on the clock yet (130 - mostly getting it home from the dealer), but that will change soon enough with the daily school run.

Anyway, we've been having some issues with the auto high beams and the stop start seems to be missing (I'll post in the problem section about that), otherwise this has been a great purchase so far.

~MrBasset
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 09:26 PM

I don't have start/stop on my Limited either although I've read articles saying the new Pentastar engine used in the Pacifica is supposed to at some point. I don't think I'd like it anyway because engines shutting off at stop signs kinda creeps me out, haha. I've had a few of those.

There's another thread coving IIHS crash testing of the Pacifica. Supposedly September builds and later get a beefier upper door hinge to earn that "Plus" rating. I posted a picture of my July built upper hinge in that thread. Could you compare it to your hinge and let us know if yours is noticeable different. Post pictures if you can but just a "mines bigger" response is okay too.

Welcome to the forum, MrBasset

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 09:39 PM

I might have misunderstood what you meant by start/stop. Are you talking about the engine shutting off at traffic lights to save gas (which we don't have yet but supposedly it may be coming) or about the Automatic Cruise Control's ability to brake to a complete stop then start up again? we can discuss in your other thread...
peanutmom2001 likes this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page