• 2 Post By Calibavarian
  • 1 Post By mrmagicmph
  • 1 Post By DoninDel
  • 1 Post By mrmagicmph

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ever have an unlucky car?

Don't misunderstand from the title, I really am enjoying my 2018 PacHy... but... has anyone ever had simply an unlucky car? I'm not saying it's cursed, but, unlucky, yeah, I think that applies.

I got my vehicle on 6/7/19. 10 days later, while I was driving home but STOPPED due to traffic (had been stopped for probably around 30 seconds), I got rear ended and had about $1900 worth of damage. My PacHy was in the auto body shop for about 8 days (100% paid for by the other person's insurance, they agreed it was completely her fault). Got it back this past Tuesday.

On Friday, while driving home from work, an armored car driving ahead of me (with reasonable spacing, had Adjustable Cruise Control on with maximum distance set) either kicked up a rock or had something fall from the truck (I'm thinking #2, but can't "prove" it, just didn't really look like a rock from the momentary look at it I had) that hit my windshield (lower left area) & severely crack my windshield. It's absolutely severe enough that the entire windshield has to be replaced. I did get the armored car's information and passed it along to my insurance company, plus, I have a $0 deductible for glass, but still... I need this?

I really like my PacHy and I'm happy to have bought it, but, I swear I'm beginning to think that this car is definitely VERY unlucky.

Anybody else ever have something like this?

Owner: 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Bright White, Tri Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Advanced SafetyTec Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:51 PM

I don’t know what to say about it but this is something very common and could happen to anyone. So Sorry that you had to go through with this.

2018 Gas Pacifica Limited, Jazz blue with Alloy interior
8 Seater, Uconnect theater HK sound, Trailer tow package.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:51 PM

Garage
I had a new 1985 Buick Regal that was like that - garage door spring broke causing the door to fall and dent the hood within two weeks of owning it. Parked way out in the parking lot a few days later, where a shopping cart was rammed into it...it's (or my) luck just kept going like that. By the time that it was six-months old, it appeared ready for the junkyard.
I have always tried to take care of my cars, but that one was jinxed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
I had a new 1985 Buick Regal that was like that - garage door spring broke causing the door to fall and dent the hood within two weeks of owning it. Parked way out in the parking lot a few days later, where a shopping cart was rammed into it...it's (or my) luck just kept going like that. By the time that it was six-months old, it appeared ready for the junkyard.
I have always tried to take care of my cars, but that one was jinxed!
Yeah... I'm hoping that there won't be a 3rd time to be the charm, that maybe I'm getting lucky and getting rid of all the bad luck at once, but, we'll have to see!
craig likes this.

Owner: 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Bright White, Tri Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Advanced SafetyTec Group
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 01:09 PM

Garage
Our 2013 Nissan Altima has been sort of like that. Less than a year after we got it, it was rear ended with a hole in the bumper and right after the fix, someone scraped minor damage into the side of the new bumper. Less than a year later, that side was keyed. After painting the side, a strong wind caught the door that had been painted and blew it into the side of another car in a parking lot bending the edge. Back to the body shop.

Yes it does happen. Otherwise our six years of owning the car has been perfect.
craig likes this.

among others:
1975 Plymouth Valiant
1989 Plymouth Voyager
2005 Chrysler T&C
as of 4/4/2018
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Red Velvet w/Advanced Safety and upgraded audio
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:23 PM

Had to Lemon Law my 2015 RAM 1500. Either bad luck or bad quality, not sure. Did get a windshield crack courtesy of an 18-wheeler on I-75 through GA.

2019 Pacifica Touring L, S package, 8 passenger. Super console swap. WELL Window visors. Morimoto HID lowbeams, Diode Dynamic HID fogs, Diode Dynamic SL1 led highbeams. GTR Lighting 1000 lumen reverse lights.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:54 AM

Garage
My grandfather asked the priest of his village always to bless his car, whenever he got a new car. Not sure if it works, but it can't hurt...
Another option in this mindset would be to put a reference of Saint Christopherus in your car, who is the saint patron of all travellers....amazon has it all

Not sure if there is something in other religions...I guess it can't hurt
RC Mike and craig like this.

2017 Pacifica LX
2009 Audi A4 convertible
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibavarian View Post
My grandfather asked the priest of his village always to bless his car, whenever he got a new car. Not sure if it works, but it can't hurt...
Another option in this mindset would be to put a reference of Saint Christopherus in your car, who is the saint patron of all travellers....amazon has it all

Not sure if there is something in other religions...I guess it can't hurt
Thanks for the ideas, but, being Jewish, probably wouldn't work too hot... thanks though!
craig likes this.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:31 PM

I certainly had bad luck with a car, but it wasn't that the car was unlucky.....

I was in Vietnam for 16 months, and nothing to spend combat pay and overseas pay and base salary on, so when I got home, I bought a used 1966 Porsche 912 5-speed in 1969.
Drove from NY to California in it...
Got a ticket in virtually every state West of the Mississippi - the cops couldn't stop drooling - a red sports car w/NY plates...they just HAD to pull me over

about 6 miles West of Gallup, New Mexico the crankshaft snapped (Okay, I WAS doing 115)...
Had car towed to nearest Porsche dealer which was Albequerque (sp?).
Picked the car up with rebuilt engine, went to Los Angeles to see a buddy I was in 'Nam with, we stopped for a pizza, and the car was stolen - I still have the keys somewhere.

I loved that car - everything was in one plane - step on the gas, the car went forward, level - American cars of the time would lift the front when you gave gas. Step on the brakes, it stopped, the nose didn't go down and tail rise up. Go in a turn, it didn't lean....I don't think I would have had my license for long (out of state tickets didn't count back then).
craig likes this.

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Unhappy Ok, maybe it ISN'T the car that's unlucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoninDel View Post
I certainly had bad luck with a car, but it wasn't that the car was unlucky.....

I was in Vietnam for 16 months, and nothing to spend combat pay and overseas pay and base salary on, so when I got home, I bought a used 1966 Porsche 912 5-speed in 1969.
Drove from NY to California in it...
Got a ticket in virtually every state West of the Mississippi - the cops couldn't stop drooling - a red sports car w/NY plates...they just HAD to pull me over

about 6 miles West of Gallup, New Mexico the crankshaft snapped (Okay, I WAS doing 115)...
Had car towed to nearest Porsche dealer which was Albequerque (sp?).
Picked the car up with rebuilt engine, went to Los Angeles to see a buddy I was in 'Nam with, we stopped for a pizza, and the car was stolen - I still have the keys somewhere.

I loved that car - everything was in one plane - step on the gas, the car went forward, level - American cars of the time would lift the front when you gave gas. Step on the brakes, it stopped, the nose didn't go down and tail rise up. Go in a turn, it didn't lean....I don't think I would have had my license for long (out of state tickets didn't count back then).
First of all, sincerely, thank you for your service. While your story didn't convince me that it wasn't the car that's unlucky, I'm now definitely convinced it's me that's unlucky this summer.

After the issues with the car, last night while taking a shower, I managed to lose my balance, fall out of the shower, and break my smallest finger on my left hand. Oh, & it's not just broken, but what's called an avulsion break, meaning that it's chipped off a piece of bone in the knuckle. So, I'll be seeing an orthopedist sometime this week.

The car's innocent, it's me that's got the black cloud (the size of Chicago to London!) going on right now. (sigh)
RC Mike likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page