Delivery Process - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Delivery Process

I'll (hopefully) taking delivery on my Limited in about a week and a half (it's supposed to roll off the assembly line tomorrow, and take about 10 days to get to the dealership). Any tips on what to check before driving off the lot? (E.g. Uconnect working, no holes in vacuum hose, cameras & sonar working, etc.) I'm wondering if anyone has noticed things a couple of weeks into ownership that they wish they had checked more closely while still on the lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
I'll (hopefully) taking delivery on my Limited in about a week and a half (it's supposed to roll off the assembly line tomorrow, and take about 10 days to get to the dealership). Any tips on what to check before driving off the lot? (E.g. Uconnect working, no holes in vacuum hose, cameras & sonar working, etc.) I'm wondering if anyone has noticed things a couple of weeks into ownership that they wish they had checked more closely while still on the lot.
Great idea for a thread, BrianK.

1- When I picked up mine the tires were overinflated to 49 psi. Many other forum members reported the same thing. They should be set to ~36 psi per the label inside the driver's door.

2- Your salesman is supposed to go through the entire vehicle with you. Mine took about an hour and he even went through all Uconnect settings screens.

3- If you get the vacuum option OR the spare tire option you should also get a REALLY nice MOPAR electric tire inflator with built-in tire sealant option.

4-There's a funnel in the back that you'll need if you ever have to add gas or gas additives from your own container. Get them to show you were it is stored.

5- If you get the vacuum option you also get a second hose and a crevice tool.

6- If you chose the vacuum option, you can still buy a spare tire for long trips to "the sticks" on-line for about $320 with shipping. The spare will actually fit in a Sto-n-go bucket.

7- One forum member noticed a crack in his windshield when he got home. I'm told the glass isn't under warranty. Just spend time looking at glass and paint before you drive away.

8- I always make the dealer fax or email me my closing paperwork a day or two before closing. I always find surprises in closing costs and they are never in my favor and I have walked out several times due to closing day surprises that were not previously discussed.

9- Are you a Sams Club member? There's a thread on this forum about incentives. I thought I made a terrific deal on mine after having several dealers bid drive out prices...but I still left about a grand on the table because I had not joined this forum before my closing.

10- If you decide to buy extended warranty search this forum FIRST for that subject before you add it on at the dealer. Damon helped a lot of us wrt how to get the same MOPAR extended warranty for A LOT less!
irpilot and MoPacifica like this.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
Oil: Five quarts

Last edited by BrettP; 11-19-2016 at 03:48 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Brian! Brett's suggestions are spot on. The funnel has a special spot in the back where it clips in near the compressor. But they don't clip it there at the factory, so if your dealer doesn't know where it goes, it may just be loose in the glove compartment like mine was. If you got the vacuum, make sure the hose is attached at the back. Mine wasn't. If you got the 20" wheels, make sure the locking lug nuts are somewhere as well.

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 03:11 PM

I also had my tires inflated to 49#. This despite asking them 3 times during the process to check the tires since I was leaving on a trip with the car packed with family right afterwards. This was dangerous and highly unprofessional. When I noticed the pressures on the highway being well over 50# and the maximum allowed pressure I immediately pulled over and deflated them.

Although I love the vehicle this has soured me on Chrysler and is unfortunately what I expected from an old school american dealer. Plus the pressure sales tactics and I felt like I had taken a time machine back to 1980.

I responded to a survey and complained about this and of course no one contacted me.

Back to foreign makes again after this car!!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrodvt View Post
I also had my tires inflated to 49#...

...Although I love the vehicle this has soured me on Chrysler ...
Welcome to the forum elrodvt. What model and features did you buy? Post a picture.

Some dual or tri scale pressure gauges read 350 (or 3.5) on one side when they also read 50 on the psi scale. It's easy to misread a scrunched up 360 or (3.60 bar) as 36 if looking on the wrong side. No excuse, of course, but easy and common to do and probably why 50psi shows up so often right after tires have been filled.

America's children are working in these Chrysler dealerships and assembly plants so we as parents need to better teach our kids pride in workmanship and to always check, double check even triple check their work. It's a work ethic, attitude and skill that Chrysler cannot teach.

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
Oil: Five quarts
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 09:41 PM

delivery process

I personally have had a very good experience with my dealer.When I bought my van it was a early build and I expected a few problems.The salesman was the one that pointed out a couple of things wrong which were promptly fixed. Have had a very positive experence with chrysler .
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolee7 View Post
I personally have had a very good experience with my dealer.When I bought my van it was a early build and I expected a few problems.The salesman was the one that pointed out a couple of things wrong which were promptly fixed. Have had a very positive experence with chrysler .
I'm glad you had a good experience. Did you come from a foreign make?

As for reading the gauge wrong when I specifically asked 3 times for them to check pressures and fluids that is not remotely acceptable.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 12:10 AM

Thanks for the tips! I am building a checking list that I will take to the dealer, I should get mine in 2 weeks.

For this one:

6- If you chose the vacuum option, you can still buy a spare tire for long trips to "the sticks" on-line for about $320 with shipping. The spare will actually fit in a Sto-n-go bucket.

Would you be so kind and direct me to a website and the model of the tire? I don't want to buy something wrong

thanks !
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtncus View Post
Would you be so kind and direct me to a website and the model of the tire?
Here ya go!

https://www.amazon.com/Chrysler-Paci...ica+spare+tire

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 06:56 PM

ahahaha spend all day on amazon buying cyber deal, I NEVER THOUGHT of amazon for this kind of stuff!

Thanks a million!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page