What did you do to your Chrysler Pacifica Minivan today? - Page 14 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2017, 09:26 AM

I keep seeing tint related posts around forum here but could not understand what is this new kind of tint that is not dark but at the same time allows you to reduce temperature inside car. Can someone please share more info on this. As per NY State law tint of car anything more than what came from factory (in terms of darkness) is illegal and will not allow your car to pass inspection. So I think I'd like to go the route of clear tint that helps with keeping car inside cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2017, 12:47 PM

I use to part own a tint shop back in the 90s and we only had the dyed tint material. I took my Pacifica to a lady that owns a shop that does wrap as I was having all of that chrome wrapped in black and she said she also did tint. I had the dealer add tint to just the front two windows as I was going to add another 35% on top and 5% on rear, she said it was cheap tint and she would redo and quoted me on adding tint on rear over the factory laminated glass. So I said ok, I want 20% in front and 5% on rear. I came the next day to get my van and as soon as I saw it I was pissed as the front were not dark enough to be 20% (35% is the legal limit) and she said it was 20% and said that it is ceramic tint and it is easier to see through, but still blocks the UV and all that other sun damaging stuff. Sure enough, I took my tint meter out and it was 19% light omittance! I still wish it were darker so I can't be seen screaming at idiots on the road, but it is easier to see out of at night and actually keeps the van cool.

Read the diff:
http://thespokaneshop.com/spokane-wi...ndow-tint-film

Vid:
mjoshi and hunt_ak like this.

Damon
1985 Dodge Caravan LE cream w/wood
1985 Dodge Caravan LE mink brown w/wood
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited in Tusk White
several other cars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Damoncaravanman; 06-15-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:46 PM

I drove it home for the first time.................
irpilot likes this.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:23 PM

Garage
Had dealer do the Recall for the engine stall U01.
Did ave a problem before. Hope I do not now.

Dealer ordered a New locking device for right side door.
Door would not open all the time without help.
Longtimemopar likes this.

Crysler Pacifica Limited 2017
Old 04-07-2018, 06:20 PM

Garage
Waking this thread up. I already did my HID/LED lights, my tints, etc. So I guess I'll just share what I did yesterday: I went to the Home Depot and got 5 bags of red natural mulch for the wife and the garden.

Man I love driving this thing around town...

2018 Touring L Plus - Granite Crystal Metallic / "S" Appearance / Black & Light Diesel Gray / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced Safety Tech / Tri-Panoramic Sunroof / Uconnect Theater / 20 Speaker Harman Kardon / Hands-Free Doors / 3D MAXpider Mats / HID+LED Conversion / Rayno Phantom S9 Nano-Ceramic Tint / Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam / Thule Motion XXL Roof Box / Lifetime Max Care Warranty / Tire & Wheel Warranty
Old 05-18-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoshi View Post
I keep seeing tint related posts around forum here but could not understand what is this new kind of tint that is not dark but at the same time allows you to reduce temperature inside car. Can someone please share more info on this. As per NY State law tint of car anything more than what came from factory (in terms of darkness) is illegal and will not allow your car to pass inspection. So I think I'd like to go the route of clear tint that helps with keeping car inside cool.

It is difficult to find a light tint that blocks 99% UV rays AND rejects a high percentage of solar energy, but I just had the front windows of our Touring L+ tinted today with LLumar AIR 80. From the brochure, it allows 78% visible light transmittance, blocks 43% of solar energy, reflects 9% visible light and still provides 99% UV protection. Wife and I are getting up there in years and find it difficult to use the outside rearview mirror when backing up at night in my SUV that has darker tint (must buzz down driver side window). While most folks are interested in the cool looking darker tint, we mainly wanted the UV protection to save our skin and the leather interior. LLumar makes an even lighter version called "LLumar AIR 90" (allows 86% visible light tansmittance, but rejects only 28% of solar energy). Both products, perhaps more the AIR 90, are often used on top of factory tint for added resistance against solar energy.

FWIW, our previous '10 Town & Country was tinted with a similar light product and the leather interior looked almost new when I sold it to the first person to see it back on May 5. I'm a big believer in tint for UV protection.
Longtimemopar likes this.

2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus (gas)
Built April 10, 2018 (Tuesday)
Molten silver exterior
Toffee cognac alloy interior (gray carpeting)
Advanced Safety Tech
18" tire/wheel group (Michelin Premier tires)
Spare tire kit w/tire, sealer and inflator
Mopar Lifetime warranty

Mods:
Lumar AIR 80 front side window tint.
Maxpider Kagu front mats (with thanks to thread started by Chase023 in Accessories and Add Ons forum).
Alla 7443 LED brake/turn signal bulbs (with thanks to Josef15111 sticky in Electronics forum).
iJDMTOY Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED front turn signal bulbs (credit same Josef15111 sticky).
JDM ASTAR 1200 lumens LED backup bulbs (with thanks to KorbenD in LED Replacement Lights topic of Electronics subforum).
Catizon H11 LEDs CREE for fogs (with thanks to Stop-Eject in LED Replacement Lights topic; and for his instructions).
VLED Micro LED 9011 low-beams (with thanks to Fast55 for advice on beam pattern)
Viofo A119S dash cam (have A118 on my 4Runner)
Old 09-09-2018, 08:35 PM

Garage
Had a week long trip. Notes:
I can't really say I notice much of any difference driving with only me or or six adults in the van. Driving 75 to 80 mph on the trip home: right now dash reading is 30.1 mpg (gallons into miles would probably be 27+mpg). Really easy to pass someone going 60+mph and barely pushing the pedal, look down at the mph and see 85. ESS worked flawlessly. On the trip home ran into a bunch of love bugs ,(they will remove paint if not cleaned off), so as soon as I got home I washed the van. Noticed a small area on the right front edge of the hood has a little corrosion showing. Hadn't noticed that before. I thought I needed to add oil when filling with fuel, but it had only sat a few minutes before checking(approximately 5000 miles since oil change). Checked again after sitting approximately 10 minutes and the oil level was right in the middle. After 6 months, the passenger side door is a little noisy again (it was lubed right after I got it).
Overall opinion: while the van is not perfect, it does seem to be smooth operating van that I have done very little to other than adding fuel and washing at the car wash occasionally.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
Old 09-14-2018, 10:02 AM

Garage
Yesterday I had the oil & filter changed (haven't added oil since the last oil change 5,800 miles. The oil monitor didn't say it was time to change, I didn't want to wait any longer). Passenger side sliding door was lubed (it was a little noisy). Tires rotated. 17 point inspection. Recall U50 (manual park release) and Recall U64 (Reprogram powertrain control module) were done. Atlantic Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep did the work (not my closest dealership) in about an hour.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
Old 10-08-2018, 10:26 PM

Tuesday the 12v to 5v adapter will arrive for the AUKEY dash camera that came today. Will install it and wait a few days for the Weathertech front mats to arrive.
KKP

2018 Limited gas is already loaded. Ocean blue w/Black-Diesel Interior. Build date Friday the 13th, 4/18. Lifetime Warranty. Lots of extras.
2019 Ford F-150 XLT added to the garage on 3/5/2019. Many mods done since.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:27 PM

Installed my WeatherTech mats. Great coverage, and I really like the one piece design for the second and third row. Yes, they get in the way of stow and go a little bit, but I'll take that for the coverage especially in the winter. Stow and go is still plenty doable; just not as easy as before (no mats).

2017 Pacifica Touring L - White with Black interior
11/2016 Build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in