What do you think 9", 9.5" or 10" wide Hellcats? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

What do you think 9", 9.5" or 10" wide Hellcats?

I would put my stock Black 20"x 7.5" fitted with winter tires on from November to March and slap these on with a higher end tire for the summer .

These come in 9". 9.5"or 10"s in many diameters. I would never go that wide for winter, but seeing how I will just do wheel swaps I might be able to go with it. I am sticking to the 20" not 22" as those will have to narrow wheel side wall for my taste for both looks and ride. In my experience less side wall means a more bumpy ride as well. If not this brand maybe another, but I am thinking Hellcat copies in Gloss black.

If I try to stick to OEM SRT or Hellcat type I need go to a Jeep wheel to get the 5-127 lug configuration. The Charger, Challenger and Chrysler 300's are a 5-115 lug. The proper offset is provided for the Pacifica for each width and these do come in the 5-127 lug configuration.

1) I can get gloss painted or PVD, not sure which way to go there, the cost is for pretty much the same. They won't ever see winter or salt. What do you think?

2) 9", 9.5" or 10" width. What do you think?

https://stockwheelsolutions.com/whee...set-20x9-rims/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gloss Black Hellcat Sytyle 9 9.5 or 10 wide.jpg (117.0 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by dovetail65; 05-24-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 01:50 PM

Garage
looks nice. i'd go with whatever didn't stick out too much. personally, 10" seems a bit much for a pacifica. i'd be happy with 9" widths.

2018 Touring L Plus - Granite Crystal Metallic / "S" Appearance / Black & Light Diesel Gray / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced Safety Tech / Tri-Panoramic Sunroof / Uconnect Theater / 20 Speaker Harman Kardon / Hands-Free Doors / 3D MAXpider Mats / HID+LED Conversion / Rayno Phantom S9 Nano-Ceramic Tint / Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam / Thule Motion XXL Roof Box / Lifetime Max Care Warranty / Tire & Wheel Warranty
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 09:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovetail65 View Post
I would put my stock Black 20"x 7.5" fitted with winter tires on from November to March and slap these on with a higher end tire for the summer .

These come in 9". 9.5"or 10"s in many diameters. I would never go that wide for winter, but seeing how I will just do wheel swaps I might be able to go with it. I am sticking to the 20" not 22" as those will have to narrow wheel side wall for my taste for both looks and ride. In my experience less side wall means a more bumpy ride as well. If not this brand maybe another, but I am thinking Hellcat copies in Gloss black.

If I try to stick to OEM SRT or Hellcat type I need go to a Jeep wheel to get the 5-127 lug configuration. The Charger, Challenger and Chrysler 300's are a 5-115 lug. The proper offset is provided for the Pacifica for each width and these do come in the 5-127 lug configuration.

1) I can get gloss painted or PVD, not sure which way to go there, the cost is for pretty much the same. They won't ever see winter or salt. What do you think?

https://stockwheelsolutions.com/whee...set-20x9-rims/
$3000.00 for a set of wheels!!!!!!!!!!! , sure, OK, why not
stop-eject and DoninDel like this.

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 11:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimemopar View Post
$3000.00 for a set of wheels!!!!!!!!!!! , sure, OK, why not
i thought it was $748 for all 4 because the title includes the word "set". but now i am not so sure. the tire rack has the MSW Type 48 black accent 20" wheels for $211 each for total of $844 so i also assumed $748 was the set. but maybe i am wrong!

i would have gotten the msw type 48's for my Pac had i not gotten the 20" black noise wheels. anyway OP keep us posted.

2018 Touring L Plus - Granite Crystal Metallic / "S" Appearance / Black & Light Diesel Gray / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced Safety Tech / Tri-Panoramic Sunroof / Uconnect Theater / 20 Speaker Harman Kardon / Hands-Free Doors / 3D MAXpider Mats / HID+LED Conversion / Rayno Phantom S9 Nano-Ceramic Tint / Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam / Thule Motion XXL Roof Box / Lifetime Max Care Warranty / Tire & Wheel Warranty
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 08:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightrules View Post
i thought it was $748 for all 4 because the title includes the word "set". but now i am not so sure. the tire rack has the MSW Type 48 black accent 20" wheels for $211 each for total of $844 so i also assumed $748 was the set. but maybe i am wrong!

i would have gotten the msw type 48's for my Pac had i not gotten the 20" black noise wheels. anyway OP keep us posted.
If you go to the link and put in quantity 4.......

2017 Pacifica
Touring L
Billet Silver
Package 27L
mfr. 5-17
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
The proper offset is provided for the Pacifica for each width and these do come in the 5-127 lug configuration.
The ones you linked are listed as 30mm offset, which is about 20mm less than OE Pacifica wheels, so the center of the 30mm offset wheel will be a bit further out. Combined with the wider width, I think you're going to notice these sticking out. If that's what you prefer, then go for it.

You mention a higher end tire for summer, so I assume you may not be looking only at the stock tire size. If you're thinking about the stock tire size however, note that most tires of this size appear to be recommended for rim widths of 7"-8.5". That's not to say that it wouldn't fit on a 9" width, but I think you're going to want something wider in this case (which will also add a bit to the amount that the combo sticks out).

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't go wider than 9" on a Pacifica, but if it fits without any rubbing, it's again a decision based on your preference.

- 2017 Pacifica Touring-L Plus - Jazz Blue, Advanced SafetyTec, Uconnect 8.4N, KeySense
- Ordered 5/31/16, Current status: KZL as of 6/28/16, Arrived at dealer 7/6/16, Purchased 7/11/16

Last edited by daniel9478; 05-25-2018 at 08:56 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightrules View Post

Def 748 for a set of 4:
Attached Images
File Type: png wheels.png (77.2 KB, 24 views)

2017 Touring Plus
Velvet Red
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments.

There are Hellcat copies in many offset and widths. A couple places will even make what I want, but they actually to fit the van. It appears I could get 9" wide 40mm offset and 9.5 is going to be less than 40mm, most likely 38 to 35 mm. There appears to be an interior clearance issue so the wider the tire the smaller the offset to a certain extent.The widest tire that keeps the 50 mm offset is an 8.5" as far as I can tell. At least one place told me that anyhow.

I want the widest I can get while staying within the wheel well for sure.

Yes, I am intending on using the higher end summer tire on the new wider wheels.

2018 Black S Limited EVERY OPTION available.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 03:52 PM

Garage
Let us know what you go with. I am in the market for some aftermarket 20" wheels also. There is a ton of room before the wheels start to poke on these vans. I have seen someone running a 22x10.5 with a +25 offset and the rim is flush with the fender. Use one of the wheel /tire matching sites to type in your specs and it will give you a detailed analysis of how the new wheel will look and fit.

Wheel-Tire size comparer
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

2017 Bright white Limited
Black/alloy, advanced safety pack,
U-connect theater. Tri-pane roof. Verde Invictus 22"
Quite a few custom modifications and lots more to come .
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlPacifica View Post
Let us know what you go with. I am in the market for some aftermarket 20" wheels also. There is a ton of room before the wheels start to poke on these vans. I have seen someone running a 22x10.5 with a +25 offset and the rim is flush with the fender. Use one of the wheel /tire matching sites to type in your specs and it will give you a detailed analysis of how the new wheel will look and fit.

Bringing back old thread.

Any idea what size tire he was running? I'm looking at some forged wheels from a SRT8 cherokee that are 20x10 et50 with 20mm spacer so final et30. Need to figure out what size tire I could run.
Thanks,
Justin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in