Bull Bar & Bumper Guard Install! - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pe2n3d1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Bull Bar & Bumper Guard Install!

So I haven’t seen a Pacifica with bumper guards but I decided to purchase the Broadfeet set from Carid because it said it would fit. Sure enough, it didn’t come with instructions so I had to figure it out as I went along. Here’s what they looked like when installed:

P.S. I’ll have to lower the front license plate now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A51F653F-B67F-4BE8-970E-0E2B26544C2C_1543655919181.jpeg (591.9 KB, 525 views)
File Type: jpg C4D38E1E-07DA-429A-B93E-E99940A2556C_1543655933019.jpg (167.3 KB, 193 views)
craig likes this.

2018 Pacifica Touring Plus - Velvet Red Pearl with Black/Alloy Interior

OEM Accessories - All Weather Floor & Cargo Mats / Black Stow 'n Place Roof Rack / Door Sill Protectors / Front & Rear Splash Guards / Spare Tire Kit / Overhead DVD Player

3rd Party Accessories - Front and Rear Bumper Guards by Broadfeet / WeatherTech Window Deflectors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 12:05 AM

I am interested in installing the bull bar only. Care to share the technique you discovered without having the instructions? I have a four post lift available.

Thanks in advance.

2018 Touring L (Gas)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_of_Tranquility View Post
I am interested in installing the bull bar only. Care to share the technique you discovered without having the instructions? I have a four post lift available.

Thanks in advance.

No problem! YouTube definitely helped although there wasn't a video of the Pacifica. I watched a video of the same bull bar installed on a Sienna. The mounting brackets are different but the concept is the same. The videos don't typically show the plastic covering so you'll have to remove that before you have access to the frame.

After removing the plastic covering to identify which 4 holes (2 holes on each side) on the frame, I place the plastic covering back on and using the drill bit, pressed it against the cover to locate the holes again and then drilled the 4 holes into the plastic. Afterwards, using my small hands, I installed the bolts into the frame and then the actual brackets to the bolts.

I didn't take pictures during the install so I hope this makes sense. The bumper has definitely paid for itself already because at least 3 cars have backed into it while parallel parking in this wonderful city of New York.

OEM Accessories - All Weather Floor & Cargo Mats / Black Stow 'n Place Roof Rack / Door Sill Protectors / Front & Rear Splash Guards / Spare Tire Kit / Overhead DVD Player

3rd Party Accessories - Front and Rear Bumper Guards by Broadfeet / WeatherTech Window Deflectors

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 02:14 PM

Does the bumper interface with the park sense? The website seems to indicate it will.

2018 Touring L (Gas)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_of_Tranquility View Post
Does the bumper interface with the park sense? The website seems to indicate it will.
I have the Touring Plus model so I do not have the front parking sensors (only the rear ones) so I wouldn't be able to confirm that for you.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 02:49 PM

Does the rear bumper mess up any of the rear parking sense functions? Maybe I wasn't clear in my first go at the question. Looks like I used the word interface and meant to write interfere. I have a Touring L.

2018 Touring L (Gas)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:27 AM

In New York, parking is done by braille.
I watched a 'special' person back into a spot only half the length of his boat, and he just shoved the other car with his bumper to make enough room. Not unusual.
If I were wealthy, I'd watch for instances like that - they happen frequently - and then pay a tow truck to haul the 'special' car away. It'd be the least I could do....

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page