Windshield calibration? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cornfield

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Windshield calibration?

My windshield cracked after a stone chip on a road trip. Safelite is coming today to put in a new one. They say that after the glass is installed I need to go back to the dealer for calibration.

It's a 2017 Pacifica Limited with Advanced Safety Tech. Does it rally need calibration?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 02:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
My windshield cracked after a stone chip on a road trip. Safelite is coming today to put in a new one. They say that after the glass is installed I need to go back to the dealer for calibration.

It's a 2017 Pacifica Limited with Advanced Safety Tech. Does it rally need calibration?
I don't know. What I do know is that if I had to go to the dealer anyway, I'd just have the dealer replace the windshield and have "one stop shopping". Screw Safelite; they are the glass PPO for many/most automobile insurance companies. If they can't go A-Z in my glass replacement, they don't deserve my business. Your deductible is the same whether you use them, a dealer, or Joe Blow glass co.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post

Good to know that third party glass place has access to pacifica windshield now. I think some other users here on this forum complained that they couldn't get a replacement easily before.
Question.... how are those sensors behind the mirror got transferred to the new windshield? did they scrape it off the broken windshield and re-glue them to the new one? or the new windshield came with the sensors pre-glued? Just curious.
thanks

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited - Molten Silver

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Safelite installed an OEM windshield. I paid them my Allstate deductible. The local dealer Riverfront Chrysler https://www.riverfrontchryslerjeep.net/ did the calibration and Allstate will reimburse me.
Allstate told me that Safelite and other 3rd party shops are just starting to get the calibration equipment in our area.
craig likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 08:23 PM

I just had my windshield replaced by Safelite this week. Actually they did it twice because they broke the first one during installation. I had to wait a week before the second installation. In both cases I did not have to calibrate the sensors at the dealer. Everything is working fine. The installer stated that usually it is not needed.

2018 Touring L + Gas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page