Annual replacement of fob battery. - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By PacificaMinivanFan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Annual replacement of fob battery.

Ok, maybe a month early, but have busy month ahead and didn't want this to slip by worried that weird things can happen when fob battery weakens or dies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190331_key_fob_battery_repl.jpg (116.9 KB, 31 views)
Longtimemopar likes this.

2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus (gas)
Built April 10, 2018 (Tuesday)
Molten silver exterior
Toffee cognac alloy interior (gray carpeting)
Advanced Safety Tech
18" tire/wheel group (Michelin Premier tires)
Spare tire kit w/tire, sealer and inflator
Mopar Lifetime warranty

Mods:
Lumar AIR 80 front side window tint.
Maxpider Kagu front mats (with thanks to thread started by Chase023 in Accessories and Add Ons forum).
Alla 7443 LED brake/turn signal bulbs (with thanks to Josef15111 sticky in Electronics forum).
iJDMTOY Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED front turn signal bulbs (credit same Josef15111 sticky).
JDM ASTAR 1200 lumens LED backup bulbs (with thanks to KorbenD in LED Replacement Lights topic of Electronics subforum).
Catizon H11 LEDs CREE for fogs (with thanks to Stop-Eject in LED Replacement Lights topic; and for his instructions).
VLED Micro LED 9011 low-beams (with thanks to Fast55 for advice on beam pattern)
Viofo A119S dash cam (have A118 on my 4Runner)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 04:39 PM

Were you experiencing any specific issue that warranted the battery replacement? Curious what the charge level on the old battery is if checked. I am 2+ years now on our Pacifica's factory installed FOB batteries and no issues. My RAM 2500 is over 3 years on its factory batteries. Previous vehicles have gone 5+ before needing replaced.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus w/ Customer Preferred Package 25J - Built 11/2016
Advanced SafetyTec, Tire and Wheel Group, KeySense, 8.4 NAV, Wireless Charging Pad, Hands-Free Sliding Doors and Liftgate, 20-Speaker Harman Kardon Sound Group

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Crew Cab, 4x4, Short Bed
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsax6010 View Post
Were you experiencing any specific issue that warranted the battery replacement? Curious what the charge level on the old battery is if checked. I am 2+ years now on our Pacifica's factory installed FOB batteries and no issues. My RAM 2500 is over 3 years on its factory batteries. Previous vehicles have gone 5+ before needing replaced.
Just changed both my fob batteries last week. Got the message on the dash information system that "fob battery low" coincidently both died within days of each other.

<

2017 Pacifica Touring-L, Red Velvet/alloy seats,
8.4 Uconnect, Added NAV. Ordered Late Nov,
Built 12/15/16 - Took delivery 12/21/16
in Michigan
Previous Vans-06 T&C, 08 T&C, 11 T&C,
14 T&C

2008 electric golf cart (Club Car) to get
around the community

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsax6010 View Post
We had a 5th gen T&C that gave us a weird problem with the security system that was diagnosed as being a low fob battery after less than two years, so have been diligent to change batteries every year since then. Since Pac fob has constant RF signaling in or near the vehicle, was thinking it might not last as long as that one. Maybe based on your experience I can give this schedule a bit more flexibility.

2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus (gas)
Built April 10, 2018 (Tuesday)
Molten silver exterior
Toffee cognac alloy interior (gray carpeting)
Advanced Safety Tech
18" tire/wheel group (Michelin Premier tires)
Spare tire kit w/tire, sealer and inflator
Mopar Lifetime warranty

Mods:
Lumar AIR 80 front side window tint.
Maxpider Kagu front mats (with thanks to thread started by Chase023 in Accessories and Add Ons forum).
Alla 7443 LED brake/turn signal bulbs (with thanks to Josef15111 sticky in Electronics forum).
iJDMTOY Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED front turn signal bulbs (credit same Josef15111 sticky).
JDM ASTAR 1200 lumens LED backup bulbs (with thanks to KorbenD in LED Replacement Lights topic of Electronics subforum).
Catizon H11 LEDs CREE for fogs (with thanks to Stop-Eject in LED Replacement Lights topic; and for his instructions).
VLED Micro LED 9011 low-beams (with thanks to Fast55 for advice on beam pattern)
Viofo A119S dash cam (have A118 on my 4Runner)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificaMinivanFan View Post
We had a 5th gen T&C that gave us a weird problem with the security system that was diagnosed as being a low fob battery after less than two years, so have been diligent to change batteries every year since then. Since Pac fob has constant RF signaling in or near the vehicle, was thinking it might not last as long as that one. Maybe based on your experience I can give this schedule a bit more flexibility.
YMMV of course - but historically I replaced a FOB battery when I notice the range for remote start being reduced. We bought our Pacifica in December 2016 and it is driven pretty much daily. No indication of low battery yet...

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus w/ Customer Preferred Package 25J - Built 11/2016
Advanced SafetyTec, Tire and Wheel Group, KeySense, 8.4 NAV, Wireless Charging Pad, Hands-Free Sliding Doors and Liftgate, 20-Speaker Harman Kardon Sound Group

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Crew Cab, 4x4, Short Bed
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:02 AM

I replaced my key fob batteries when I started getting the "hold the fob to the start button" message. That was around 12 months after taking delivery.

2017 Jazz Blue Pacifica Hybrid Platinum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page