gas mileage - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 102 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 09:06 AM

Ours has a bit over 2000 miles on it and all of it around town. I'm showing 21.9 mpg, the only load has been a few bags of groceries. No more trips to Home Depot for sacks of cement or a van full of kids, those days are behind us now.

Don (ezdays) Day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 102 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 07:11 PM

Display says 20.7 All stop-n-go so far. 2700 miles on ODO

Brett
2017 Gas Pacifica Limited, Vel Red/Black/Alloy
Tow, Vac, Adv SafetyTec, UConnect Theater, 18" Wheels
post #23 of 102 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 07:45 PM

gas mileage

Mine says 19.3 all stop and go have 1800 miles on it.I do notice if I make all real short drives to car wash and quick food places it does go down to about 17 or so but than I drive across town it will go up a lot.

post #24 of 102 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 03:32 AM

Thank you all.

Did all of you get the same mileage you are getting today when the van was brand new? I guess I am trying to understand if my mileage will also increase as I put on more miles.
post #25 of 102 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 12:36 PM
Bob

Garage
2050 miles mostly 50 mph some 25 have checked computer and avg. 28.4 no complaints.
post #26 of 102 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasdua View Post
Hello All,
I purchased a Limited and have close to 900 miles on it. My wife uses it primarily to pick up and drop kids from school and for other activities i.e. 95% of driving is in the city.

We have been getting approx 15.5 mpg so far and wanted to check in with all of you to see what mileage you have been getting driving in town. I had filled a survey with Chrysler complaining about the low gas mileage and someone from MOPAR called me told me that gas mileage will increase after I put in approx 2000 miles on the van. Not sure if I agree.

Would love to get some thoughts on this.
Have you checked tires for proper inflation? That could be culprit. Sometimes it's missed in the Pre delivery inspection. A few psi low could make a few mpg difference. Also if your city drives are super short in stop and go that will reduce your mpg.
post #27 of 102 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 06:28 PM

A contributing factor to less MPG is tire size. Going from 18" to 20" appears to cause about a 1.5 decrease in MPG. That might make MPG comparisons less valuable unless people include tire size. Of course, driving style makes a huge difference. So comparing MPG can become rather meaningless.
post #28 of 102 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogus View Post
A contributing factor to less MPG is tire size. Going from 18" to 20" appears to cause about a 1.5 decrease in MPG.
Where did you get that information? Why would the inside diameter of the tire make a difference in MPG if the outside circumference is the same?

2017 Pacifica Limited - Molten Silver/Mocha
8 Pax - Vac - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound
20" Wheels - Tow - KeySense - Splash Guards

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT
post #29 of 102 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 09:42 PM

gas mileage

It all depends on how you drive it if go to the drive up window at the bank and idle the van miledge is very bad so I usually shut it off and restart it or if I go to taco Bell and get stuck behind a lot of cars again I shut off and restart it as my mileage really goes down but all the cars I have owned have been like that.
post #30 of 102 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaltso View Post
Where did you get that information? Why would the inside diameter of the tire make a difference in MPG if the outside circumference is the same?

Car & Driver comparison test of tire sizes. I'm just passing on what I read, but it makes sense to me. People forget the added weight of a large rim and the larger frontal area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page