Which grade of gas should I fill Pacifica? - Page 2 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 10:57 AM

You're fast Jerry....too fast. You snuck his post in before I could edit it. It's a lot more informative now. Original post removed because it was just plain lame. You make good points though.

Between the users manual and the owners manual -- 1000+ pages.

And the fuel requirements are around page 560 of 700 in one and 260 something of 300+ in the other......

I just wanted to know where the rear windshield washer disappeared to........
irpilot and seo68 like this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus
Build date Oct 2016 - Delivered 11/30/16

Last edited by irpilot; 03-10-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinsc View Post
Badge56 has a great point. His response was a bit sarcastic, but hits the nail on head. Okay, maybe you can bash him on his sarcasm, but certainly not the point he's making. People spend time second guessing something very simple without going to the provided source that clearly has the information they need. So they ask a question on a forum, when they could just as easily read the manual. Guess what - the answer(s) are there and NOT HARD to find within a few minutes, probably in less time than it took to get to this forum's website and typing out the question. Also not helpful when one DOES NOT read the manual, then asks questions on a forum, and a participant answers the questions, while also stating they haven't read it either! The first response on this thread was the case, but additional responses were not. Not trying to bash the OP, but did he not come across the information needed from the manual because he hasn't looked yet? This kind of stuff cracks me up. lol
Maybe. It is true that the manual contains a bunch of good information. I am probably unusual in that I read all the manuals before I even had the car and then I read some of them again after I brought the car home. Nonetheless, reading the manual apparently isn't as effective for some people as engaging with other people about the issue. Hopefully one of those other people has read the manual and can offer the manual's recommendation to the conversation.

IMO, @Badge56 didn't contribute in a positive way. @srbrubak did, and in doing so @srbrubak also pointed out that the information was in the manual and avoided attacking the OP in the process - an approach that is less likely to contribute to an adversarial environment on this forum. There are many examples of me doing precisely that - I answer a poster's question by quoting the manual and in doing so attempt to show them that is the source of information for other questions they may have.

This should be a place we come to help each other, not demean or denigrate each other. I too will admit to sometimes getting frustrated when someone posts a question that is currently being discussed in another thread or is clearly stated in the manual, but I would suggest to @Badge56 and others if they can't bring themselves to just ignoring those posts, to please try to steer the OP in the right direction without attacking them.
SciTchr, stop-eject and YODAddy like this.

2018 Bright White Pacifica Hybrid Limited
Ordered: 15 SEP 2017
VIN: 19 SEP 2017
D1: 19 SEP 2017
Build sheet: 25 SEP 2017
JS: 28 SEP 2017
SL: 28 OCT 2017
KZ: 29 OCT 2017
Sticker: 30 OCT 2017
Dealer: 21 NOV 2017
Possession: 28 NOV 2017

Last edited by seo68; 03-10-2018 at 12:06 PM.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seo68 View Post
Maybe. It is true that the manual contains a bunch of good information. I am probably unusual in that I read all the manuals before I even had the car and then I read some of them again after I brought the car home. Nonetheless, reading the manual apparently isn't as effective for some people as engaging with other people about the issue. Hopefully one of those other people has read the manual and can offer the manual's recommendation to the conversation.

IMO, @Badge56 didn't contribute in a positive way. @srbrubak did, and in doing so @srbrubak also pointed out that the information was in the manual and avoided attacking the OP in the process - an approach that is less likely to contribute to an adversarial environment on this forum. There are many examples of me doing precisely that - I answer a poster's question by quoting the manual and in doing so attempt to show them that is the source of information for other questions they may have.

This should be a place we come to help each other, not demean or denigrate each other. I too will admit to sometimes getting frustrated when someone posts a question that is currently being discussed in another thread or is clearly stated in the manual, but I would suggest to @Badge56 and others if they can't bring themselves to just ignoring those posts, to please try to steer the OP in the right direction without attacking them.
Needlessly well said. Maybe it's the mood I'm in today....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum, Billet Silver, Panoramic Sunroof, 17" Wheels

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 03:52 PM

Garage
grade of gas 87 is enough. quality of gas, i like costco but sometimes use sams club (unsure of quality, assume decent).

2018 Touring L Plus - Granite Crystal Metallic / "S" Appearance / Black & Light Diesel Gray / 20" Black Noise Wheels / Advanced Safety Tech / Tri-Panoramic Sunroof / Uconnect Theater / 20 Speaker Harman Kardon / Hands-Free Doors / 3D MAXpider Mats / HID+LED Conversion / Rayno Phantom S9 Nano-Ceramic Tint / Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam / Thule Motion XXL Roof Box / Lifetime Max Care Warranty / Tire & Wheel Warranty
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 03:08 PM

give the op a break. he said he couldnt find the info in the manual. either answer a question or silently move on.
SciTchr likes this.

Giddy Up
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvntrs View Post
give the op a break. he said he couldnt find the info in the manual. either answer a question or silently move on.
Many of us did indeed answer the question posed. Only 1 person did not, and that post has since been removed/humorously replaced. Most of this thread's length (and late resurrection) is mostly about said deleted post.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus w/ Customer Preferred Package 25J - Built 11/2016
Advanced SafetyTec, Tire and Wheel Group, KeySense, 8.4 NAV, Wireless Charging Pad, Hands-Free Sliding Doors and Liftgate, 20-Speaker Harman Kardon Sound Group

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Crew Cab, 4x4, Short Bed
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 09:23 AM

Garage
87 works fine for me.

Crysler Pacifica Limited 2017
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 10:51 AM

I am a software developer and as much as I hate to admit it in the past on one more than one occasion I have suggested to customers that they take some time to RTFM. The information may be in the manual but quite often it buried in some obscure section and it can be very frustrating to try to find it.
SciTchr and pachyderm like this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdftwrth View Post
I am a software developer and as much as I hate to admit it in the past on one more than one occasion I have suggested to customers that they take some time to RTFM. The information may be in the manual but quite often it buried in some obscure section and it can be very frustrating to try to find it.
There have been many times I have tried to find something in the owner's manual using the index or online search tool and was unable to find it. Because I have searched for many things, sometimes using newer editions/revisions of the manual, and now have a feel for how the manual is organized, I can find an answer and post it. Sometimes a topic is split under two sections of the manual. I put the page number in case there is more info available that a person might be interested in. Some vans came with a user guide and not the complete owner's manual. Many people don't usually stop to read a 600+ page manual. I will sometimes work through the manual on a long trip when I am the passenger. Using the forum search tool can also be frustrating at times. I have looked for information that I've read in the past and it is sometimes a challenge to find it again.

So, answer if you want, or just ignore the question.

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page