Which grade of gas should I fill Pacifica? - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Which grade of gas should I fill Pacifica?

Just bought one but didn't find this info in the manual, yet. I am wondering which grade of gas is recommended for Pacifica? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 01:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWang View Post
Just bought one but didn't find this info in the manual, yet. I am wondering which grade of gas is recommended for Pacifica? Thanks.
I haven't read specific recommendations / requirements but I have driven more than 3,000 miles in our's over the past two months and have always selected the regular vs. premium gas at the pump. I have not experienced any knock or performance issues from this choice.

2017 Pacifica Limited
Red, Fully Loaded 8-Passenger
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 04:03 PM

Per the Owner's Manual:
These engines are designed to meet all emissions regulations and provide optimum fuel economy and performance when using high quality unleaded “Regular” gasoline having a posted octane number of 87 as specified by the (R+M)/2 method. The use of higher octane “Premium” gasoline is not required, as it will not provide any benefit over “Regular” gasoline in these engines.
Additionally, Chrysler recommends the use of Top Tier fuels:
Designated TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline contains a higher level of detergents to further aide in minimizing engine and fuel system deposits. When available, the usage of Top Tier 678 TECHNICAL DATA detergent gasoline is recommended. Visit Home | Top Tier Gas for a list of TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Retailers.
irpilot, SciTchr and pachyderm like this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus w/ Customer Preferred Package 25J - Built 11/2016
Advanced SafetyTec, Tire and Wheel Group, KeySense, 8.4 NAV, Wireless Charging Pad, Hands-Free Sliding Doors and Liftgate, 20-Speaker Harman Kardon Sound Group

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Crew Cab, 4x4, Short Bed

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 04:47 PM

Here is an additional article about the Chrysler (and other manufacturers) recommended Top Tier fuels.
AAA: Not All Gasoline Created Equal | AAA NewsRoom
Definitely look for those brands. Fortunately we live near a COSTCO, and they are usually the lowest cost Top Tier fuel around.
SciTchr and tsax6010 like this.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 01:46 PM

The owners manual also states that you can use E15 on the non flex fuel vans. Just remember, if you use ethanol blended gas your gas mileage will vary.
SciTchr likes this.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 08:31 PM

I'm a little tea pot short and stout, here is my handle and here is my spout.

this is about as useful as your original post but with less sarcasm and abbreviations of profanity. Have a super day. The moderator. Super moderator that is.
irpilot and jhinsc like this.

2015 T&C Limited
2012 T&C Limited
2009 Volks Routan (Chrysler)
2000 Chrysler 300M Special
1974 Cherokee Chief (Not Chrysler yet AMC)
1971 T&C
1965 Plymouth Sport Fury
1962 Plymouth Satellite

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by irpilot; 03-10-2018 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Come on man...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote removed because it was lame. All valid points though.

I asked Manuel to read it, and this is what I got...

Not only was your post not helpful, it is not the tone that is typically portrayed on this particular forum. Some people do well with printed material without the eyes glazed over effect - many not so much. This is a place to come and ask questions, find information, and generally connect with fellow members that share a common topic of interest.

You could at least spend 2 extra seconds to spell check your post before lambasting a new forum member...
irpilot and jdrez like this.

2017 Pacifica Touring L Plus w/ Customer Preferred Package 25J - Built 11/2016
Advanced SafetyTec, Tire and Wheel Group, KeySense, 8.4 NAV, Wireless Charging Pad, Hands-Free Sliding Doors and Liftgate, 20-Speaker Harman Kardon Sound Group

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Crew Cab, 4x4, Short Bed

Last edited by irpilot; 03-10-2018 at 11:00 AM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsax6010 View Post
I asked Manuel to read it, and this is what I got...

Not only was your post not helpful, it is not the tone that is typically portrayed on this particular forum. Some people do well with printed material without the eyes glazed over effect - many not so much. This is a place to come and ask questions, find information, and generally connect with fellow members that share a common topic of interest.

You could at least spend 2 extra seconds to spell check your post before lambasting a new forum member...
Couldn’t agree more. Just as annoying as when people pick apart your post when you’re providing an answer to another user that needs help.
tsax6010 likes this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 09:57 AM

Badge56 has a great point. His response was a bit sarcastic, but hits the nail on head. Okay, maybe you can bash him on his sarcasm, but certainly not the point he's making. People spend time second guessing something very simple without going to the provided source that clearly has the information they need. So they ask a question on a forum, when they could just as easily read the manual. Guess what - the answer(s) are there and NOT HARD to find within a few minutes, probably in less time than it took to get to this forum's website and typing out the question. Also not helpful when one DOES NOT read the manual, then asks questions on a forum, and a participant answers the questions, while also stating they haven't read it either! The first response on this thread was the case, but additional responses were not. Not trying to bash the OP, but did he not come across the information needed from the manual because he hasn't looked yet? This kind of stuff cracks me up. lol

2017 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum, Billet Silver, Panoramic Sunroof, 17" Wheels
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 10:36 AM

Garage
its hard to find top tier fuels around here but we use 87 anyway.

I wasn't raised to be a Mopar guy. Now i have 2. Go figure!!

2017 Tusk White Pearl Chrysler Pacifica Touring - Dec. 2016 Build.
2017 Granite Crystal Metallic Dodge Journey GT Blacktop Edition - Feb. 2017 Build.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in