Mpg - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Bob

Garage
Mpg

Recent trip Detroit, Maine - Zephrhills, Florida Touring Pacifica 30.9 mpg at 70-75 mpg lots of household contents and a power scooter with lifting device. MPG figured on paper, computer estimate 31.3. Cruise control 90% of trip. Better mileage than RAV4 trade-in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 09:15 AM

After having two, distinct commutes since the purchase of my Pacifica, I believe a LOT has to do with the factors of that actual commute itself.

When I first got my Pacifica, my company had not-yet moved to its current location, so for the first 3 months, it was a 53-mile commute one-way... 106 total daily.

It was about 90%-95% highway and I was doing (roughly) 3-day averages... resetting every 3-4 days... my COMBINED MPG for that commute was averaging between 29mpg and 31mpg... I was STUNNED.

Now... as of September... my commute is less-than HALF of that commute... I think it's about 23-miles one way... 46 total daily and about 85% highway. Oddly enough, my combined average MPG has dropped SIGNIFICANTLY with this new commute. I am averaging between 26-28 mpg... which isn't BAD by any means, but considerably LESS than my longer commute. One of the larger differences in the commutes is that the new one has substantially more "uneven" or "hilly" terrain. One might think that it all evens-out in the end: with every hill you climb, there's one to go down... especially since I average it over full commute trips (to and from)... so every hill you go up, you equally come down.

It's not a "traffic" thing as I travel on non-peak hours for both commutes. I actually think that there MIGHT be some credence to travel direction and headwinds... but cannot confirm. It SEEMED like my longer commute which was more of a North/South commute had cross-winds most of the time... but my NEW commute is a (mostly) East/West commute with areas of head/tail winds.

Tough to say... both highways are newly paved and smooth... neither commutes dealt with stop & go traffic... I wonder if it's simply a matter of the engine/drivetrain NOT being able to recoup the loss of energy from going uphil as well on the downhill parts... some efficiency is lost somehow. [shrug]

That's where I'M at so far.

"I'll procrastinate later..."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Recent trip Detroit, Maine - Zephrhills, Florida Touring Pacifica 30.9 mpg at 70-75 mpg lots of household contents and a power scooter with lifting device. MPG figured on paper, computer estimate 31.3. Cruise control 90% of trip. Better mileage than RAV4 trade-in.
That's great! If mine gets anywhere close to that on the highway, I'll be thrilled.

Thanks for sharing

2017 Pacifica Touring-L Plus - Ordered 8/11/16, Purchased 10/13/16
Molten Silver - Black/Alloy - Black Seats
8 Passenger, Advanced SafetyTec, Uconnect 8.4NAV
Tire and Wheel Group, Interior Protection Pkg, Keysense, Spare Tire

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2016, 08:00 AM

Garage
Roundtrip to play golf on Thursday, nearly 35pmg. No wind outbound, headwind on the return but rural 55mph roads so that helped. I can't believe the mileage of this thing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2501.JPG (72.8 KB, 22 views)

...this minivan is cool!....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 11:44 AM

Can't wait for some members to get the hybrid pacifica when it's finally out. The mileage on that one will be staggering.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 03:32 PM

Garage
Two trips recently, one 1000 miles up into the Four Corners area with lots of climbing and mostly secondary roads at 60 mph. Manually computed at 29.4 mpg. The second trip was longer but at higher speeds, 1800 miles, mostly freeway at 70-80 mph with cruise control. Again manually computed at 26 mpg. We are pleased with these results because our Town & Country could squeeze out 22 mpg only on long stretches of 65-70 mph.

2005 Honda Gold Wing
2006 Chrysler Town & Country Limited
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 08:12 AM

Now getting almost 22 (21.7) in all city driving with some short 5 mile spurts on the freeways. Still no long trips where there's no stop and go. Our 2014 T&C never got over 17 under the same conditions.

Don (ezdays) Day
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 08:17 AM

UPDATE:
Trip to/from a wedding this weekend: 30.1 mpg
My commute into the office this a.m.: 29.3 mpg

Seriously... I cannot complain since my Ford Flex was averaging between 16-21 mpg combined.
Comparatively, this is like owning a Honda Civic.

"I'll procrastinate later..."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page