Lift Kit for Better Unimproved Road Clearance - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Lift Kit for Better Unimproved Road Clearance

I have some property on a mountain here in the Pacific NW that is accessible by gravel road, and in the winter (our rainy season) the road can get washed out and potholed. I don't need to tell anyone here that the Pacifica has a really, really low ride height, especially if you're used to SUVs and trucks like I am. I find that I regularly bottom out, even sometimes on paved mountain roads (the Northeast access road to Mt St Helens comes to mind). The traction is fine offload, so although I'd love to have an AWD Pacifica Hybrid, the killer is the ground clearance.

So, I'm interested in the opposite of what is usually talked about on the forums. I want to go up 1-2", not down. Ideally, I could increase the ride height pneumatically with the flick of a switch before heading up mountain roads. I don't really want to have it higher on the highway, since that would increase drag quite significantly. That said, I'd be willing to go up 1" statically if wouldn't effect anything else.

Does anyone know of any options for this? I figure some of y'all who lower vehicles might know about what's possible with pneumatic kits. I know that strut spacers (example not for Pacifica) work well on some vehicles. If they don't exist, I guess I could machine some myself and try them out.

Last edited by bicosan; 11-16-2018 at 11:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:14 AM

Talking

I would be extremely impressed if someone were to 'overland' a Pacifica. Then I'd emulate everything they did lol.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 01:22 PM

you could bave some spacers machined for the top of the struts and coils in the rear. 5/8" spacer may give you close to 1" lift

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 02:20 PM

I don't know how compatible they would be, but folks have finally figured out how to lift the new Cherokees. You can poke around the forum here:
https://jeepcherokeeclub.com/4-2014-...-th-tires.html
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 04:47 PM

Even though air suspension setups are mostly used for lowering a car, you should actually also be able to use them to ride higher than stock. Since they are designed to lower a car, you'd end up having to run extra air pressure in the bags to lift the car up, which would lead to a harsh/jarring ride. But if it's a kit that uses threaded front coilover strut replacements, you can adjust the lower perches and/or the air spring mounts...and in the rear, you could use shims to space the rear bags up, eliminating the need to run extra air pressure.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 01:52 PM

I hit a speed bump in a parking lot last week, and I heard a scrape. When I washed the van today, I noticed that the rocker panel aft of the L front wheel has a larger gap than the R front wheel. I haven't yet looked at it close enough to determine whether a tightening of the screw that's underneath the rocker panel at that location would bring it back to par.

Has anyone else had this happen? It wasn't like it was a huge speed bump, either. Standard size, and I wasn't going fast...

2018 Limited (gas)
Bright white, Mocha interior
All options save Theater, S package, & vacuum delete
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 01:54 PM

Just came back from a 1400 mile trip and I would almost certainly go for a 2" lift on this van. Not so much to off-road but to have clearance on dirt roads hiking camping etc..
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 05:55 PM

Me also for exactly the same reason.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 02:40 PM

I reached out to a company (tema4x4) who is willing to fab some 2" spacers for the Pacifica. Can someone take some measurements? I just can't find the time...

They are asking "Could you measure between center of studs on the front strut mount place (see the attachment). It should be three lengths."

I'm assuming the rear is not a strut assembly? I have not personally looked.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4721547AC.jpg (98.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by StayTrue28; 05-20-2019 at 02:45 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:09 PM

Pacifica lift kit

Hi there,

The Pacifica is built of the Fiat Compact Platform which includes the Jeep Cherokee and Dodge Dart. The Company I work for manufactures a leveling(small lift) kit for those vehicles. We need someone with better than average mechanical skills to install one and check for fitment.

Any takers?

Let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FIat compact platform - Cherokee Pacifica Dart.JPG (88.2 KB, 43 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page