22" Hellcat bronze wheel - Page 3 - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyerJ View Post
I haven't looked at it since my HK system is working OK. If it's blown, wouldn't it be under warranty?

Yes it would. But given how one's already failed within just a few months of ownership, looking down the road (as it were) to when I'll upgrade to something better.



Also, anyone know whether updated speakers would need a new/separate amp, or is the stock amp powerful enough?

2018 Limited (gas)
Bright white, Mocha interior
All options save Theater, S package, & vacuum delete
terraformer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
 
FlPacifica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 287
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraformer View Post
Yes it would. But given how one's already failed within just a few months of ownership, looking down the road (as it were) to when I'll upgrade to something better.



Also, anyone know whether updated speakers would need a new/separate amp, or is the stock amp powerful enough?
Which system do you have, Alpine or Harman kardon ? Each use different amplifiers, the Alpine uses a 506Watt and the Hk a 900Watt . Also ,be aware that the ANC(automatic noise cancelling) system works through the factory amps, so any aftermarket amp would render that inoperable. The HK does not offer any additional speaker placements than the Alpine, its just that some of the speakers are two or three way in place of the alpine may be only one way or two way. Neither system has a dedicated Subwoofer, which I feel can make the largest difference in a sound system. I added a 12" infinity Sub woofer and a 600w Rockford fosgate amp to my Alpine system and it sounds WAAAY better than before. (P.S. how did this thread get on to audio issues ??)

2017 Bright white Limited
Black/alloy, advanced safety pack,
U-connect theater. Tri-pane roof. Verde Invictus 22"
Quite a few custom modifications and lots more to come .

Last edited by FlPacifica; 05-11-2019 at 03:12 PM.
FlPacifica is offline  
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 15
Panda rules!
FlPacifica likes this.
Okievision is offline  
 
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 03:53 PM
Senior Member
 
FlPacifica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 287
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okievision View Post
Panda rules!

2017 Bright white Limited
Black/alloy, advanced safety pack,
U-connect theater. Tri-pane roof. Verde Invictus 22"
Quite a few custom modifications and lots more to come .
FlPacifica is offline  
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 05:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlPacifica View Post
Which system do you have, Alpine or Harman kardon ? Each use different amplifiers, the Alpine uses a 506Watt and the Hk a 900Watt . Also ,be aware that the ANC(automatic noise cancelling) system works through the factory amps, so any aftermarket amp would render that inoperable.



The HK does not offer any additional speaker placements than the Alpine, its just that some of the speakers are two or three way in place of the alpine may be only one way or two way. Neither system has a dedicated Subwoofer, which I feel can make the largest difference in a sound system.



The HK. I'm not too concerned about losing the ANC as frankly, I don't hear it. At least no appreciable reduction in ambient background and/or engine noise. But you're right that a woofer adds that depth; I just wish there was already one - as most manufacturers surely should have them these days - so I could consider doing something w/o too much cost.

2018 Limited (gas)
Bright white, Mocha interior
All options save Theater, S package, & vacuum delete
terraformer is offline  
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Senior Member
 
FlPacifica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 287
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraformer View Post
The HK. I'm not too concerned about losing the ANC as frankly, I don't hear it. At least no appreciable reduction in ambient background and/or engine noise. But you're right that a woofer adds that depth; I just wish there was already one - as most manufacturers surely should have them these days - so I could consider doing something w/o too much cost.
Here is the one I originally had. Worked pretty decent, I may be selling it if you are interested DM me.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...ub-woofer.html

2017 Bright white Limited
Black/alloy, advanced safety pack,
U-connect theater. Tri-pane roof. Verde Invictus 22"
Quite a few custom modifications and lots more to come .
FlPacifica is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heated Steering Wheel Could Be Improved... DRZ Interior 15 02-21-2019 03:31 PM
Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel Module CrookedGuy 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 19 08-01-2018 12:39 PM
Heated seats and steering wheel Sweetee 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan General Discussion 10 03-30-2018 12:41 PM
Rear wiper hose leaking over wheel SienaBill Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Issues And Problems 1 02-12-2018 11:41 AM
Wrong Wheel Lock Nuts w/20" Wheel Package? sosoguju Tires, Wheels and Suspension 28 12-23-2017 06:46 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome