Michelin Premier - underwhelming...anyone else - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Michelin Premier - underwhelming...anyone else

my touring L has the 17 inch option with michelins premiers
in 2 and a half yrs we are at 33k miles and they are down to 2-3/32 tread

i know they have a 60k miles warranty and we have rotated them with proper schedule

ive read some reviews on the premiers and it seems to be a trend that mileage is poor. Usually i am a big fan of michelins but what other options are you guys looking at

we are in so-cal, 50/50 freeway , city

also if i get new tires from america tire or tire rack can i get prorated prices on new ones

1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue - A Classic Beauty
1985 500SEC Euro Nautic Blue
1989 Porsche 911 Carrera Silver Anniversary Edition
2012 E63 AMG Iridium Silver - Performance Package
2017 Chrysler Pacifica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:09 PM

Yeah we were just talking about tires below - it seems minivans eat thru tires quicker than standard size car. I just learned this with our first minivan.

https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...tires-r20.html

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:34 PM

Just replaced my YOKOHAMA AVID S34RV P235/65R-17 tires, last month with 52,000 miles. They came as OE on my 2017 Touring L. Only rotated once, and the the front tires were very worn. The rear tires till had another 10,000 mile left in tread depth. Ordered from Simple Tire and have them installed by Wheel Works in Belmont, CA. Out the door price with mounting was about $480.00.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:50 AM

My go to tire is Continental CrossContact LX20 with EcoPlus.

bought a santa fe at the end of 09 and the oem's lasted til spring '12. researched tires then and came across these. the oem's were always decent but a bit soft and mild noise. The continentals solved that instantly. road noise was not an issue anymore, the ride was very comfortable and handled well in turns. They're rated for good traction in all weather especially wet braking, but particulary a top rated all season for snow traction (not that you get much of either in cali, lol). Rated for 6yrs/70k warranty

I got 5.5 yrs outta my first set and couldnt have been happier. (got much less outta my second set, but that was due to some suspension components worn and alignment issues that I wasnt aware about until my tires were eaten up. I had too much confidence in the wear of the tires that I put off taking it to the shop for suspension noises and, in turn, was also not checking my wear regularly). I've sisnce replaced them with a cheaper tire since we'll likely be getting rid of that car soon.

Theyre on tirerack, check em out
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubpower View Post
my touring L has the 17 inch option with michelins premiers
in 2 and a half yrs we are at 33k miles and they are down to 2-3/32 tread

i know they have a 60k miles warranty and we have rotated them with proper schedule

ive read some reviews on the premiers and it seems to be a trend that mileage is poor. Usually i am a big fan of michelins but what other options are you guys looking at

we are in so-cal, 50/50 freeway , city

also if i get new tires from america tire or tire rack can i get prorated prices on new ones
I'm guessing you really meant to say "18 inch option" since the vehicle comes standard with 17s and the optional 18"-ers like the ones we have are Michelin Premiers.

Yes, the reviews on TireRack for these tires are dismal. We have 12,250 miles on ours to date (rotated at 7,200 miles) and they seem ok so far, but I am definitely concerned. I'd be curious to see how they perform for us as we drive more conservative that most others (only drive two to three miles per hour above the speed limit), and take it pretty easy on corners because we often have two dogs in their kennels above the second row Sto 'n Go seats.

Those Continentals mentioned by DefDog sound intriguing.

2018 Pacifica Touring L Plus (gas)
Built April 10, 2018 (Tuesday)
Molten silver exterior
Toffee cognac alloy interior (gray carpeting)
Advanced Safety Tech
18" tire/wheel group (Michelin Premier tires)
Spare tire kit w/tire, sealer and inflator
Mopar Lifetime warranty

Mods:
Lumar AIR 80 front side window tint.
Maxpider Kagu front mats (with thanks to thread started by Chase023 in Accessories and Add Ons forum).
Alla 7443 LED brake/turn signal bulbs (with thanks to Josef15111 sticky in Electronics forum).
iJDMTOY Amber CAN-bus PWY24W LED front turn signal bulbs (credit same Josef15111 sticky).
JDM ASTAR 1200 lumens LED backup bulbs (with thanks to KorbenD in LED Replacement Lights topic of Electronics subforum).
Catizon H11 LEDs CREE for fogs (with thanks to Stop-Eject in LED Replacement Lights topic; and for his instructions).
VLED Micro LED 9011 low-beams (with thanks to Fast55 for advice on beam pattern)
Viofo A119S dash cam (have A118 on my 4Runner)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

i have 17s, so yeah the de-option

1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue - A Classic Beauty
1985 500SEC Euro Nautic Blue
1989 Porsche 911 Carrera Silver Anniversary Edition
2012 E63 AMG Iridium Silver - Performance Package
2017 Chrysler Pacifica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in