2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

Updated Durango RT 20's fitment

8K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  surfshanti 
#1 · (Edited)
Specs: 2016 Durango RT 20x8 265/50/20 56 offset

Here are some pics. Sorry for the HUGE delay! Thought is would be better the start a new thread..
I have not had any rubbing whatsoever with this setup; zero issues. Drove from Las Vegas to San Fran loaded with passengers and gear. 33psi to make up for the tire load difference Very comfortable ride. Torque to factory 100lbs retorque after 50 miles.

BTW you can pick up these wheels and tires used for $400-$600 bucks. Check OfferUp FB Marketplace and CL

I used these lugs specifically because they extended further than the comparable Gorilla lugs (see photo) giving me just as much thread engagement as the stock lugs that do not extended into the lug hole.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3YIU10/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used these 1/2" spacers because they were lug and hubcentric.
(4) Hub Centric 5X5 (5X127) Wheel Spacers | 1/2" Studs | 12mm 1/2" Thick | eBay

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes I have originally and I did drive like that for a week. I had no issue in the front but the rears rubbed ever so slightly on the wheel well liner right where is covered the shock housing. There was no way to modify to fix with the 265 tires.
A less wide tire would have worked but it’s too pricey of a change. The spacer was perfect, gave me more of a desirable offset and look I wanted.

#5 · (Edited)
Update. My 2019 Durango R/T wheels (2659) would not clear the front brake caliper on the Pacifica, so I had to go with older style (pre 2019) R/T wheels (2496). I was also able to get 255/50/20 tires to work on the Durango R/T wheels (2496) without spacers. This tire size fits squarely in the middle between the OEM R/T size tire of 265/50/20 and the OEM 20" Pacifica tire size of 245/50/20. The R/T wheels are 20 x 8 and the OEM Pacifica 20" wheels are 20 x 7.5. I hope this information is helpful to someone else looking to use R/T wheels on a Pacifica.

#6 ·
Sorry for the late post..
My 2016 Durango RTs fit with 4 hub/lug-centric spacers and ET Lugs! 265/50 tires also; Over 25k miles Zero issues.
Just adding this note for those not wanting to go through the hassle or removing and selling buying and mounting new tires; That's pricey!.

#7 ·
I used these 1/2" spaces because they were lug and hubcentric.
Hi StayTrue28,

I sent you PM and also going to pot it here.

My son and I just installed Durango RT wheels (2496) with Atturo AZ850 255/50/R20 tires. Front tires are OK, but rears rub slightly on the wheel well liner right where it covers the shock housing. So I clicked on your eBay link for spacers and when I plug Pacifica information into the table I get message that those spacers are not compatible with my Pacifica. Do you know why eBay page says that considering you installed them on you Pacifica.

Also, your spacers require extended studs (per web page information) and I don't really want to mess with this, so I found other spacers here: (4) Hub Centric 5X5 (5X127) Wheel Spacers | 1/2" Studs | 8mm 5/16" | eBay

Do you think these will work considering eBay page says these are also not compatible with Pacifica (like yours)?

Attachments

#8 ·
MozartMan, sorry to hear that you are having issues with the rear tires rubbing. Unfortunately not all tires are exactly the same even though they are the same size. My guess is that since your tires are high performance tires the outermost tread is more aggressive than allseason tires. My tires don't touch the fender liner at all, although they are close. I do think you can push the inner fender liner closer to the shock.

Based on my previous research the spacers should work if you go that route. I also communicated with StayTrue28 about the spacers and he confirmed that they worked for him. He also used aftermarket lug nuts with his.

#12 ·
Specs: 2016 Durango RT 20x8 265/50/20 56 offset

Here are some pics. Sorry for the HUGE delay! Thought is would be better the start a new thread..
I have not had any rubbing whatsoever with this setup; zero issues. Drove from Las Vegas to San Fran loaded with passengers and gear. 33psi to make up for the tire load difference Very comfortable ride. Torque to factory 100lbs retorque after 50 miles.

BTW you can pick up these wheels and tires used for $400-$600 bucks. Check OfferUp FB Marketplace and CL

I used these lugs specifically because they extended further than the comparable Gorilla lugs (see photo) giving me just as much thread engagement as the stock lugs that do not extended into the lug hole.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3YIU10/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used these 1/2" spacers because they were lug and hubcentric.

I followed the recommendations and links here. Perfect upgrade to my 2020 "ivory white" PacHy.... Just barely fit... but they fit!! Jeep Grand Cherokee 20" rim w 265/50/20 Goodyear Wrangler kevlar tire... Handling is great and the 3/4" extra ride height is much appreciated since this ting rides 5.25" low to the ground with stock 17" wheels (for sale by the way). It definitely throws mud onto the body... probably will add the mud flaps now$$. ,)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.