Biting the bullet and buying a spare tire - 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Biting the bullet and buying a spare tire

Ok…need to bite the bullet and buy a Spare Tire Kit. We’re traveling to the mountains and will be in some remote areas. The van came with the vacuum option & the inflator/sealant which is fine for around town, but I need to be prepared for this trip. For now I'm just going to place it behind the 3rd row and keep the vac.

1. Is this the right part number for the 2019 Pacifica Limited with the S appearance package with 20” wheels? (Mopar only lists it under the 2017 model year and doesn’t mention tire sizes - so just want to make sure)

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Accessories - Spare Tire Kit - 82214534AB Requires Rear Quarter Close-Out Trim Panel: 5RK06DX9AC (Black)

2. Any recommendation on where to purchase it? I’m not a big fan of the local dealer.

Thanks all!

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Limited Billet Silver, S Appearance Pkg, Tow Pkg, 20" Black Noise Wheels, Advanced Safetytec, HK Sound Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Ok…need to bite the bullet and buy a Spare Tire Kit. We’re traveling to the mountains and will be in some remote areas. The van came with the vacuum option & the inflator/sealant which is fine for around town, but I need to be prepared for this trip. For now I'm just going to place it behind the 3rd row and keep the vac.

1. Is this the right part number for the 2019 Pacifica Limited with the S appearance package with 20” wheels? (Mopar only lists it under the 2017 model year and doesn’t mention tire sizes - so just want to make sure)

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Accessories - Spare Tire Kit - 82214534AB Requires Rear Quarter Close-Out Trim Panel: 5RK06DX9AC (Black)

2. Any recommendation on where to purchase it? I’m not a big fan of the local dealer.

Thanks all!
Any of the 2017+ Pacifica spare tire kits should fit your van. If you decide you will want the trim panel piece, then pay attention as to whether the trim piece is included and what color it is. The inflatable spare tire will fit in a stow and go well of a gas van if you want to put it there instead of the back since you have a vacuum.

Availability will probably be the key since sometimes the spare tire kits are out of stock. The one you mentioned seems right, but was discontinued on one website I checked. I bought my spare from the dealer since the shipping costs would have made it cost more if I purchased it online.

Here are a few spare tire threads.
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/548369-post22.html
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...to_threadtools
https://www.pacificaforums.com/forum...to_threadtools

2017 Pacifica Touring L (gas) - Sept. 2016 build
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:52 PM

This looks like a good price:
https://www.moparpartssurplus.com/p/...EaAj_xEALw_wcB

I don't have any ties to them - just did a search for you....
sjambok likes this.

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:19 PM

On a side note, should you have to use it and put the spare on the front, be sure to disable traction control while it is used or you could damage your transmission.
sjambok likes this.

2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited Platinum. Build date 08/18. Velvet red/alloy. 18" wheels. Fully loaded with every available option.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisSuckersElectrical View Post
On a side note, should you have to use it and put the spare on the front, be sure to disable traction control while it is used or you could damage your transmission.

I read a suggestion - had to do with donut spares, but applies here as well....

When you get a flat on a front tire, put the spare on the rear of the same side, then take the rear tire and replace the flat.
It is an extra step, but results in much better driveability.
gory and sjambok like this.

2018 Touring L
Collapsible spare tire kit
WeatherTech window deflectors, floor mats, and cargo liner
State-issued Vietnam Veteran License plate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post

Thanks all!
Being on a road trip not sure if youre stow and go will be packed up full of stuff but I remembered seeing people getting the kit and putting it in the stow and go area

2018 Pacifica Limited Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Uconnect® Theater with Streaming and Sound
Interior Protection Package
Trailer Tow Group
Advanced SafetyTec Group
KeySense
8–Passenger Seating & 20–Inch Wheel Group
Delete Vacuum / Add Spare Tire
Front and Rear Splash Guards
Engine Block Heater
Lifetime Warranty w/ $100 Deductible

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM

Garage
Picked mine up on ebay for about $200 shipped. I'm guessing it was a salvaged unit. You might have some luck at a junk yard or salvage dealer too. Sits in the rear cargo area when we go on trips.

* Geez guys, finish your location and signature w model!

DRIVING - 17 Pacifica Hybrid Platinum CDN Granite Grey, Chargepoint EVSE & 240V OEM, Full WeatherTech Sunroof Deflector + Mats, Front MOPAR Mudflaps, Winter RWC 17" + MOPAR TPMS + Michelin Xi2
SOLD - 08 Honda Odyssey Touring White no PAX
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM

Should this be a sticky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoninDel View Post
I read a suggestion - had to do with donut spares, but applies here as well....

When you get a flat on a front tire, put the spare on the rear of the same side, then take the rear tire and replace the flat.
It is an extra step, but results in much better driveability.

I was, until now completely oblivious to this. Could we make this a sticky?

Sjambok

2018 Touring L+
Gas
March 2018 Build
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM

i'm new here so i don't know if this will help but ebay has great spare tire kits for cheap!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM

Amazon has a few choices; factory and aftermarket.

I have a 2017 with the factory installed vacuum cleaner. The saleslady at the dealer where I purchased the Pacifica matched the Amazon price (~$300US); I've purchased a few vehicles from her over the years, so that likely helped. With a little trimming of the packaging material, it all fit in the stow-n-go in behind the front seats.

2017 Pacifica Limited - gas
Built 02/17; Delivered 03/17

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page